• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:2 RE2: Which character and scenario?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Wanted to create the re2 version cause ı've been thinking about re2 lately.

Which character do you prefer to play as more in both original and remake? And which scenario pair do you prefer in both original and remake?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Original: They are equally fun to play for me so that's a tie. I like claire more as a character than leon and she has a better story imo but leon's weapons are more fun to use; especially that awesome shotgun. For scenario pair; ı prefer claire a / leon b mainly cause sherry gets infected and creating the vaccine is fun, you temporarily see her as leon and later on as ada.

Remake: I prefer claire. She has a better story than leon's and her weapons are buffed and more fun to use than leon's which feel nerfed; especially that awesome shotgun. The scenario pairs arent that different from each other in remake unfortunately but ı still prefer claire a / leon b. Plus birkin's final form is less frustrating to take down with leon since he's equipped with rocket launcher and ı prefer leon to fight him so that he plays a hand in helping claire and sherry.

Original: They are equally fun to play for me so that's a tie. I like claire more as a character than leon and she has a better story imo but leon's weapons are more fun to use; especially that awesome shotgun. For scenario pair; ı prefer claire a / leon b mainly cause sherry gets infected and creating the vaccine is fun, you temporarily see her as leon and later on as ada.

Remake: I prefer claire. She has a better story than leon's and her weapons are buffed and more fun to use than leon's which feel nerfed; especially that awesome shotgun. The scenario pairs arent that different from each other in remake unfortunately but ı still prefer claire a / leon b. Plus birkin's final form is less frustrating to take down with leon since he's equipped with rocket launcher and ı prefer leon to fight him so that he plays a hand in helping claire and sherry.

Chris is also brought up more which ties more into CV. If you play as Leon first, he asks Claire if she found her brother when she didn’t even make it inside yet.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Chris is also brought up more which ties more into CV. If you play as Leon first, he asks Claire if she found her brother when she didn’t even make it inside yet.
That's also true. More reason why claire a and leon b is better in remake than leon a and claire b.

Also ı forgot to say this but ı dont like how they changed ada's " death " in remake to falling; ı prefer the one in og re2's leon b where mr. x smashes her to console and leon and ada kiss each other and have a big dramatic moment. That's one of my most favourite leon and ada moments in the franchise. And ı wished ada's theme from og re2 played in remake; it plays in re6 at leon chapter 5 and ada's credits theme but not in remake for a weird reason.

In the original it was Leon. I liked Ada more than Sherry, not to mention I prefer his guns, he didn't have the Grenade Launcher, but I loved the Magnum and Shotgun. The bit where you are with Ada is also pretty cool, while with Clarie you have to walk slowly because of Sherry.

In the Remake, I think the story is better with Claire, Irons is more interesting to meet than Kendo, and while I loved Ada in the original, I find her annoying here, the bit before the Alligator always drags on because of plot exposition, and Claire doesn't have that problem. Aside from that, on the gameplay front I find both scenarios identical. In the end, I think Claire is better because of the plot.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
In the original it was Leon. I liked Ada more than Sherry, not to mention I prefer his guns, he didn't have the Grenade Launcher, but I loved the Magnum and Shotgun. The bit where you are with Ada is also pretty cool, while with Clarie you have to walk slowly because of Sherry.

In the Remake, I think the story is better with Claire, Irons is more interesting to meet than Kendo, and while I loved Ada in the original, I find her annoying here, the bit before the Alligator always drags on because of plot exposition, and Claire doesn't have that problem. Aside from that, on the gameplay front I find both scenarios identical. In the end, I think Claire is better because of the plot.
What about the scenario pairs? Which one do you prefer in both games? Claire a / leon b or leon a / claire b?

I didnt find ada annoying in re2 remake personally but ı agree that ada in og re2 is better mainly cause her backstory connected to the 1st game; in remake her backstory is the weird fbi stuff.

Original style it's always Claire A. But the great thing is playing both versions and seeing all the cheesy scenes, like Mr X being tricked into falling off the ledge or Claire's one liners in the final fight.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
One reason why ı prefer leon b over claire b in re2 remake is their special handgun. Leon's handgun is way better. Claire's handgun is kinda crap, that thing takes ages to reload.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
In re2 2019; storywise and in terms of take on characters, claire's much better than leon's.

Leon and ada are seriously butchered in re2 2019.

Like leon's backstory has been changed from " being late due to being drunk due to problems with girlfriend " to boring " Wanted to investigate due to being curious " and ada's changed from " Looking for john " to lame " Fbi agent " stuff.

They also ruined the relationship between them; they act more like friends rather than love interests, in og re2; they started to bond each other after ada told him that john was dead and ada was attacked by william. It doesnt even connect to leon and ada file in re6.

Seriously leon and claire feel more like romantic interests ( Plus that stupid ending. ) even though most of the interactions are cut, what the hell?

Claire and sherry dont feel that much butchered plus ı like some of the interactions between them; like the one in cable car where claire mentions her brother.

In her 2nd run; ı like the " As chris likes to say; show no mercy! " line too.

I also like the part where she willingly goes against birkin's 3rd form so that the monster cant chase annette and sherry.

This is a nice transition to recv just like how leon's injured rpd design is a nice tie into his future self, especially re4. ( Plus his civilian outfit reminds me of his tall oaks outfit in re6. )

Also ı decided to check death's door cutscenes and ada seems to bandage the injury parts she received from re2 2019.

Though despite these small things; the game still cant connect well to canon re lore and at the end of the day; it's not canon.

A shame really.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Seriously though; re2 2019 feels like a junk food; a beautiful looking junk food.

Especially leon's parts plus his weapons in the game is lame; he had better loadout in og game.

Honestly if it wasnt for claire and her gameplay; ı wouldnt say re2 2019 has a better combat system than og re2.

The game is a giant hot mess.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Oh and one thing about claire.

I remember having a discussion with someone for og re2 and one criticism the person made was " Why is claire going to raccoon with a knife? That's illegal and pretty stupid thing to do; the police would arrest her immediately. "

Meanwhile in re2 2019; claire goes to raccoon with a gun ( Which feels even more illegal thing to do. ) instead of only with a knife.

What's more weird is capcom pulls weird decisions like this then at the same time they say " We're going for a more realistic approach. " .

Plus claire doesnt have her stars knife in re2 2019; darkside chronicles touched on this aspect when retelling re2. The unlockable knife should have been a stars knife. The unlockable costume has a knife attached to her outfit that cant be used for no reason.

Oh and she doesnt find a lighter either; she finds her brother's lighter in og re2 and this gets carried to recv. In re2 2019; this doesnt happen.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Claire's 1st run is probably the best and honestly the only worthy part to play in re2 2019.

I started to dislike leon's runs more and more cause they are really butchered; both in gameplay and story.

Claire's butchered too but not as much as leon's.

Like ı cant even get the good impact from his weapons.

Especially vp70 which has 12 capacity now instead of 18 like in re2 and re6.

Idk his weapons sound weak and ada's hacking section is annoying.

Also why do grenades feel like a chore to use?

Like why not show trajectory for them when aiming?

Re6 and rerev2 had awesome sub weapons that felt pretty satisfying to use plus when you aim; they show the trajectory.

You can even improve the damage of those using skills.

I love sliding with remote bombs then performing a special manuever to cover extra distance followed by detonating those things.

Going from those games to re2 2019 feels like a giant step back.

I know re2 2019 is meant to be more survival horror oriented than other ots mainline entries but this is not a good excuse.

Oh and ı also dislike how there arent any handgun ammo in 2nd runs; it's replaced with special handgun ammo exclusive for 2nd run handguns.

Leon's 2nd run handgun is decent but claire's is lame.

That reload speed is so long.

And claire's 2nd run is even more obnoxious mainly cause she doesnt get a rocket launcher which makes birkin's final form a chore to fight.

I know she gets gatling gun but ı use that on birkin's 4th form due to time limit.

While leon gets a rocket launcher but only one shot is required to defeat mutated t-103. The other 3 can be saved for birkin's final form.

Not a big fan of re2 2019's microtransactions either.

Why are there costumes, special samurai edges as well as soundtrack behind paywall?

I mean rerev had some weird microtransactions for story as well. ( Why arent those handguns unlockables? Especially jill's samurai edge? )

Both rerev games had microtransactions for raid mode but those are for raid mode, not main story.

Granted rerev2 also had a microtransaction impression due to episodes being sold separately though the prices are balanced well for those. ( Unlike re7's case where the content is unnecessarily expensive. )

I mean re6 didnt have microtransactions; ( Excluding online exclusive modes. ) it sells its high amount of content for a good price.

Not many games have long amount of content for a cheap price.

I guess one of the complaints for re6 in the past was " It doesnt have microtransactions. " .

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Idk what's the point of the stock for claire's grenade launcher.

It unnecessarily takes up space at inventory and unlike tmp stock in re4; it doesnt feel useful.

It simply narrows the crosshair for more accurate shots but ı didnt find this that useful; it doesnt change that much really.

I dont like the aiming method either; ı think ı prefer re6 grenade launchers' aiming method where it shows the trajectory.

For RE2; I prefer Leon.

As for scenario pair; Claire A Leon B.

I dont care much for RE2 Remake nowadays. I guess my answer to both for that game would be " I like both equally. " .

I personally like Leon's campaign in the original, though the B scenario is better. Both of Claire's campaigns are okay, but the A scenario is better storywise, not too mention her one liner against the T-103 is kind of meh. In 2make I dont like either of the campaigns. It feels like they wanted to mix and mash the scenarios in whatever way they wanted just to get what they wanted. But if I had to pick one, it would probably be Claire for the story, and Leon for the gameplay. His weapons are all much better and I get more oomph from them.

Top Bottom