• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE2 RE2 vs RE2 Remake

The new version is very good but the original is definitive. I don't understand why the scenarios and the files are screwed up. Plus the lab is much weaker.

If I were to compare both games to the allegory of cookies, the original RE2 are the freshly baked, moist, melt in your mouth cookies that hits you right in your comfort food spot. RE2 the 2019 recipe is on the surface the same recipe, but half of the ingredients are missing, the sugar is replaced with salt, it was taken out of the oven halfway through, and the few ingredients that were carried over from the original recipe like the chocolate chips are from the generic value brand.

So all in all, RE2 the original is better.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
If I were to compare both games to the allegory of cookies, the original RE2 are the freshly baked, moist, melt in your mouth cookies that hits you right in your comfort food spot. RE2 the 2019 recipe is on the surface the same recipe, but half of the ingredients are missing, the sugar is replaced with salt, it was taken out of the oven halfway through, and the few ingredients that were carried over from the original recipe like the chocolate chips are from the generic value brand.

So all in all, RE2 the original is better.
I agree. I used to like re2 remake a lot but my enjoyment started to decrease more and more. Remember back in the day when ı said that it was my favourite game in the series? Well, ı dislike it even more now.

I remember the same thing happening to re7 back in the day. You might be surprised to hear this but ı remember that for a while my favourite re games were re6 and re7. I liked both games equally. But after ı've replayed the re games over, over, over, over and over; my opinions started to be set in stone better and ı've had a better grasp for my preferences.

I really dont like the new direction that capcom's taking for the franchise starting with re7. The " realism " excuses are so annoying.

Top Bottom