• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:2 Re2 Remake vs Re3 Remake

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
RE2make is margrinally better, but only marginally.
Realistically, both remakes are somewhat short. RE2make is a bit longer because you have two main characters whereas RE3make has only one, as in the original. I do remember that this was even back a criticism back when the original RE3 was released, along with being more action-oriented, so it's honestly nothing new here.

RE2make gets away with its shortcomings because you have to characters to play although there's no big difference at all, unlike the original: Scenario A and B play almost the same, You face G3 on exact the same spot with both characters having the same cutscene, the Underground Laboratory was short too, the sewer section, too long.

RE3make is now even shorter than the original due to making cuts here and there (areas and puzzles), so consumers are probably more enraged over the price tag. It should have cost something around 40$ not 60$. Also, they changed Nemesis way too much. He's iconic because he was such a threat in the original but now? I feel like Jill's the one hunting him and not the other way around lol

That said, I enjoy both but RE2make gets better off for simply being longer, although I don't think RE3make is a horrible game.

Last edited:
I had no idea the RE2 poster continued into a RE3 poster. That's really cool.

The RE2 remake gets my vote as the better remake. But to be honest, I only really like the original 2002 remake which was 110% awesomeness, and some aspects of the 'Chronicles' games did it alright too.

RE2 is the better game and better Remake. They cut less in 2, not to mention it recreats what the original had much better. Remake 3 is much more of a new game than a Remake, and treats the original with little to no respect.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
I just don't understand why RE3 cut so many areas. I just can't. Why reduce the clock tower to a mere boss battle arena and not an area to explore and solve puzzles? Why didn't Jill go to the RPD? Why did they remove this scene?
I remember that it gave me a heart attack as a kid.
Why dumbing down Nemesis and why making Mr. X more like the original Nemesis? I swear, I would like to hear Capcom's explanation for that shit... And it sure as hell ain't short development time... I thought they would expand the city more, adding more new areas and not making it smaller by cutting the original.

I mean, I don't hate the game, but the original RE3 is still my number 1 and I always liked more than RE2. My point goes to RE2make. It's not super faithful either, but it's somewhat closer to the source material

The clock tower section in the original is awesome. In fact, there's not one flaw with the game. And I love how Nemesis is a buzzkill with his destroying of the chopper. There's so much that Capcom could have expanded on, but it felt like a cut price version rather than its equal. So please, Capcom. Can it with the remakes. I'm sure anybody who played this for a few hours on Steam, have asked for a refund.

RE2 hands down. My main grievances toward RE3 are the cut content and story changes that don’t add anything noteworthy. They are either dumbed down or nonsensical.

RE2 at least kept a lot of the main story beats but RE3? Not by a long shot.

I didn't think much of RE2 either. But, yeah. I think they did a largely better job with that than with RE3, which I hear was really supposed to be DLC for RE2 anyway, but I don't know if that's true or just a story online tools made up. It still wasn't what a lot of people wanted.

I think what let people down was that they wanted a RE2 remake like the 2002 remake, but RE4 being a thing was what ultimately lead to Capcom not making fixed camera games anymore. Nor putting in an effort. Period.

Now RE4 is looking like 'it will be a thing' again, as soon as in 2 years from now. It's so sad. :(

I didn't think much of RE2 either. But, yeah. I think they did a largely better job with that than with RE3, which I hear was really supposed to be DLC for RE2 anyway, but I don't know if that's true or just a story online tools made up. It still wasn't what a lot of people wanted.

I think what let people down was that they wanted a RE2 remake like the 2002 remake, but RE4 being a thing was what ultimately lead to Capcom not making fixed camera games anymore. Nor putting in an effort. Period.

Now RE4 is looking like 'it will be a thing' again, as soon as in 2 years from now. It's so sad. :(
I have 0 interest in an RE4 remake, although I can see why they would do it before a CVX Remake. If the RE8 rumors are anything to go by, they will just pull the assets from that game and incorporate them into an RE4 Remake. Since it will also be set in a European village. Plus they already have the models for Leon and Ada.

Quite ingenious really, and super lazy on Capcom’s part. Where is the innovation that sparked the company pre-RE4? Seemed to have died with Flagship..

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Between those 2 games; ı think re3 2020 handles the story and characters better than re2 2019 does.

Re2 2019 is such a giant hot mess. The scenarios dont even connect to each other at all and characters are extremely changed when compared to og game. It doesnt even connect to future events well.

Like leon is more naive and blindly follows everyone around him. They changed his " drunk due to having issues with girlfriend " backstory to " He simply wanted to investigate the rpd. " backstory. They changed his relationship with ada to the point where they act more like " friends " rather than " love interests " . It even contradicts the " Leon and ada " file in re6. Seriously the way the kiss scene is handled in re2 2019 is lame and they changed ada's " death scene " to falling one rather than getting attacked by t-103 one. I also dont like how he isnt aware of sherry until the end with the weird " ok " response. Contradicts one of the files in re6 where leon considered committing suicide in raccoon but didnt cause he thought claire and sherry needed him. Like why didnt they build upon that file's part in re2 2019? He isnt forced into government either and he wants to join fbi by himself. Even though that wasnt fbi, that was usstratcom.

They changed ada's backstory from " searching for john " to " fbi agent. " The photo from og re2 is also removed and instead replaced with annoying hacking part. In re6; ada says " I suppose ı should return the kindness their parents showed to me. This is as good a time as any. " when she's about to save jake and sherry. Meanwhile in re2 2019; ada doesnt even encounter william, he doesnt try to rip her head off in cable car. Btw ı realized something new; when ada " mirrors " her doppelganger's birth at the start of her campaign in re6; she has the same scar she received from william in cable car. Through her neck; it can be seen. Very faint. I remember seeing somewhere that leon has the same scar he received from krauser's knife in re4; it can be seen in his cheek.

Claire doesnt even care about finding her brother, she finds chris' letter but dismisses it. Instead she's too busy with trying to adopt sherry with leon instead of trying to find chris. Oh and leon doesnt care about trying to bring justice to umbrella either. For some weird reason; there are romantic feelings between leon and claire even though most of the interactions from og re2 is cut and in og re2; there isnt any romance between leon and claire. Not to mention; she's unnecessarily edgy with swear words even though she wasnt like that in her other appearances. I dont mind swearing; there are good ways to do so seen in jake, moira and dmc5 nero but claire's way reminds me of donte from the garbage reboot.

And as for sherry; they contradict her phone call files in darkside chronicles. " Why didnt you stay in the house? It was safe there. " Line from annette which contradicts darkside chronicles. Oh and she's free of g-virus even though she wasnt in og re2 and this carried over to future re titles.

I think jill and carlos are handled better in re3 2020 compared to main characters in re2 2019.

Jill is more colder to people around her especially when compared to her appearance in og re3; like for example, when first encountered mikhail who was injured, she tried to comfort him in og game. This doesnt happen in re3 2020; it's changed. Plus she suffers from the same " edgy swearing " syndrome claire does though not as much.

As for carlos, his design isnt accurate to his design in og game one bit. He also doesnt have his accent from og game and umbrella chronicles' re3 section. Though personality wise; ı dont think he's that different from og re3. He still flirts with jill except more this time but jill doesnt care similar to og re3. I like the " supercop " line he makes though.

Though despite these statements; ı still feel like re3 2020 handles characters better than re2 2019 does while not making as much differences as re2 2019 does. Oh and one statement ı want to make is; ı think jill is the best character in the game. I remember thinking it was nicholai and while he has a good voice actor; he's suffering from the same syndrome irons does. He's mindlessly evil, he's more genious in og re3. Oh and the supervisor stuff is cut from re3 2020. Like why is tyrell a good guy instead of a bad guy? They also cut the cabin where jill encounters an order and later nicholai finds her and sends the grave digger after her.

Both games have continuity issues so due to them; they arent canon. A shame; capcom could have remade those games faithfully just like remake in 2002. Instead they went with the lazier " reimagining " angle instead.

What a waste.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wouldnt trust gcn's / dartigan's sinning videos when it comes to resident evil.

They make so many lore mistakes and none seems to care.

Re5 and re6 videos are easily the worst ones, especially re6.

Waste of time and obnoxious jokes.

I think RE4 is a partial remake, in that it has new and old elements. RE8 to me sounds like a sequel to the previous sequels 7: Biohazard and Revelations 2, which is cool. It means the lore isn't being fully ignored from a side story.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
And I love how Nemesis is a buzzkill with his destroying of the chopper.
How did that chopper go down? Nemesis wasnt armed with a rocket launcher. It just so happens and ethan's car suddenly appears next to jill. One of the stupidest moment in the game. Still better than re2 2019's story though.

Speaking of nemesis; it has no anticipation in the game. Even ustanak in re6 didnt immediately appear; neo umbrella wanted to make sure jake was the target before sending the bow. Meanwhile re3 2020 instantly sends nemesis to jill and meanwhile brad is still alive even though in og game; he was hurt by the monster 1st instead of jill.

But still; re3 2020 has a better ending that re2 2019. Mainly cause jill is determined about taking down umbrella.

Meanwhile re2 2019 has stupid romance between leon and claire instead of leading into future events.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah; didnt read that well, my apologies.

But still that part in re3 2020 came into my mind and wanted to talk about it.

Also they dont even make use of nemesis' rocket launcher well in re3 2020; instead they gave the monster a lame ass flamethrower. For burning down some environment. The stinger attack nemesis makes with it is pretty cool though.

But again; the rocket launcher could have been used better in the game.

Top Bottom