• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 RE Village Thoughts

how instantly strong and badass she is implied to be with zero development

If you mean the way Rose grabbed the agent, I think this moment was not so much about how cool she is, but about how scary she actually is, because she is basically Eveline without chromosomal defects, who was trained by Chris Redfield. She is one of the most dangerous creatures on the planet, so they could add the part that a sniper or someone is watching her.

In the same way, a similar ambient is playing at this moment, which we hear during meetings with Eveline.

and what bothers me is her looks, screams tiktok sensation girl, no different from Kylie Jenner and those mediocre celebs.

How so? She looks like an ordinary teenager who wears ordinary clothes. I don't get it.

Rosemary looks like that bratty girl from The New Mutants.

LOL.

I would like her to be in the DLC, but I assume they will do a prequel story with Alcina Dimitrescu, or just have the game played out from Chris Redfield's side.

Rosemary looks like that bratty girl from The New Mutants.

You mean Anya Taylor-Joy's character? I can see that.

By the way, she also played the main role in Robert Eggers's The VVitch: A New-England Folktale, which had a pretty strong influence on Village.

or just have the game played out from Chris Redfield's side

I feel like it's pretty likely. Emily could intercept the intelligence about Miranda's plans that Karl sent to the BSAA, after which the episode could start on the outskirts of the factory and end inside. There Chris could meet Karl and pick up the mentioned documents about Miranda's research. I would like to learn more about the game world through them.

I would prefer if they just save Chris for RESIDENT EVIL 9 a co-op game between him and Jill and that's it. the DLC can be about Rose Mary so I don't want to deal with the Winters anymore ever ever again.

I heard rumours about Ada Wong being in RE8 because people didn't like how she was cut, and I was like, oh my Lord. Just remake RE4 already.

RE8 is like RE4 anyway. Village > Merchant > Castle > Lake > Factory. But just not quite in that order.

I still think Capcom saying "RE8 has more action because RE7 is too scary" or whatever they said, was nonsense, and hilarious too.

I heard rumours about Ada Wong being in RE8 because people didn't like how she was cut, and I was like, oh my Lord. Just remake RE4 already.

RE8 is like RE4 anyway. Village > Merchant > Castle > Lake > Factory. But just not quite in that order.

I still think Capcom saying "RE8 has more action because RE7 is too scary" or whatever they said, was nonsense, and hilarious too.
what cracks me up is in gamefaqs everybody worshipped Village before coming out, I call it was going to be an action adventure game, and you know what, those zealots that bitch about RE4, 5 and 6 ignored my comments and they were all yadayada.

They made tons of post how the remakes and RE7 was the step in the right direction and how third-person equals action, imagine their clown face defending the direction of Capcom with the final product of Village a rip off of RE4.

I remember people insulting me for saying first person was true to RE because that was how it was planned yeah right... just because they had the idea doesn't mean was gonna be like that. I call the fanbase pure-brain dead sheeple.

I am not a big fan of RE7, but I commend the effort to go back to the way RE was before the run and gun take on things. But RE8 just switched it up again.

I think they just wanted to kill two birds with one stone, with RE4 being remade.

And it honestly seems to me that Resident Evil 5 has much more in common with Resident Evil 4 than Resident Evil Village with Resident Evil 4. Even Miranda is easier for me to compare with the Queen Leech and Albert Wesker than with Saddler. The only things they have in common is folk horror bits and parallels with Spencer, which, in my opinion, are written better in the new game.

I cannot wait for RE9 to find out if Chris and his squad got the answers they were looking for. Got me biting my nails in suspense.

I don't know if the DLC will cover it, but maybe. They've had a while to develop the DLC. Although the content could be related to events that predate this. I think Capcom would be smart and branch that out.

And it honestly seems to me that Resident Evil 5 has much more in common with Resident Evil 4 than Resident Evil Village with Resident Evil 4. Even Miranda is easier for me to compare with the Queen Leech and Albert Wesker than with Saddler. The only things they have in common is folk horror bits and parallels with Spencer, which, in my opinion, are written better in the new game.
people compare 4 and Village because of the style, the way the hub is structured resembles the Spaniard village, also both games have this grey-brown filter, while RE5 is all sunny and yellow ish.

Yes RE5 is a lot like 4 but in co-op but at the same type it has its own art style, and what most people are comparing is that.

I cannot wait for RE9 to find out if Chris and his squad got the answers they were looking for. Got me biting my nails in suspense.

I don't know if the DLC will cover it, but maybe. They've had a while to develop the DLC. Although the content could be related to events that predate this. I think Capcom would be smart and branch that out.
I didn't know the BSAA bioweapons were Chris's clones, so that means Chris is the Alice of the games??? By the way Chris is officially the only RE character who hasn't been infected yet.

Jill did by Nemesis, Claire did by Alex Wesker T-Phobos virus and Leon did by Las Plagas.

Top Bottom