• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE series has enough games in series now to Keep playing in rotation.

I don't like 8 and rarely play 7. For me Resident Evil ended will 6. I will still play next RE games but just to beat them once. I am ok with RE games from 0 to 6. It will not matter to me if 7 and 8 would disappear.
I can still get behind RE7 as I like most of the characters and it's basically RE1 in first person with how heavily inspired it is. I look at RE7 like a Gun Survivor spinoff really, as the event's in those games are no less important than what was going on at the Baker's. I am definitely sick of all these cliffhangers from past games being unresolved for the past decade and it's making me less and less invested in the overall story if they don't follow up on them.

I can still get behind RE7 as I like most of the characters and it's basically RE1 in first person with how heavily inspired it is. I look at RE7 like a Gun Survivor spinoff really, as the event's in those games are no less important than what was going on at the Baker's. I am definitely sick of all these cliffhangers from past games being unresolved for the past decade and it's making me less and less invested in the overall story if they don't follow up on them.
I dont like survivor games' gameplay but in regards to their core background lore related to umbrella, ı would still take them over re engine. I see chronicles games better successor to them than both 1st person re engine entries. Darkside chronicles in particular is one of my favourite entries in the series, ı quite like the retelling sections for it.

Survivor is a game you can laugh at it too, but I do think it's otherwise kind of good.
Yeah in regards to the voice acting, ı find it more entertaining than dead aim. The latter's subtitles dont even match the character dialogue for some reason. Between both games, ı like their core background lore regarding umbrella more than the protagonists who feel boring due to the voice acting. Though ı still find fong ling more entertaining than both ark and bruce. Sometimes ı wonder if dead aim's story could have worked with ark instead of bruce. Basically after saving lott and lily, he would be given an offer to become a government agent to be part of usstratcom and its aupit unit. I feel that it's a missed opportunity to not do this in dead aim since it's the next survivor entry that takes place further than past games. Before re4, it's even the entry that takes place further in the future, 4 years after 1998.

I still find it strange though. For both survivor and dead aim, ı like their core background lore regarding umbrella more than the protagonists. While with re4, ı like leon and ada's journeys more than anything else from the story, particularly more than the core background lore regarding los iluminados. My views for those games seem opposite in comparison.

I haven't played Dead Aim in years, but I had to put the subtitles on as you can barely make out the audio. I tried to play Outbreak a few months ago, and it's too dated. Of all the spin off games that Capcon has published, there's hardly any good ones.

Soon, Silent Hill will be playing catch up with all the new entries. But showcases need to stop shying away from gameplay reveals. Seriously!

Top Bottom