• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Outbreak RE Outbreak: Placing The Scenarios

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

So here's an article that my friend shared to me. It explains how outbreak scenarios could have happened and how they could fit into the canon.

I theorized a lot on this in the past, but lost most of my notes by now.

However, I will say he's wrong about Decisions being a 'definite appearance' from Yoko. It's possible she was there, but I find it more likely she was in End of the Road, as that's the ONLY level where her amnesia actually gets cured, which leads her to go on to sue umbrella, something she does not have the evidence to do in Decisions, Decisions (doubled by how Linda helps her in her canon epilogue. She wouldn't know Linda if she escaped in DD.)

Her memory recovery is shown in this video:

This really should have been a cutscene instead of an adlib but outbreak had budget issues.

Canon is fun to theorize in these games, it's pretty safe to say that a lot of scenarios happened at the same time and there were basically two different groups of 4, but it gets very complicated, especially with some scenarios having multiple endings which could hint that some people got separated and put into even smaller groups before reuniting with one or the other main group, if that makes sense.

One thing I'm very glad for though is RE7 confirming these wonderful characters did in fact survive. Bothered me so much when people would write timelines and say they died.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I theorized a lot on this in the past, but lost most of my notes by now.

However, I will say he's wrong about Decisions being a 'definite appearance' from Yoko. It's possible she was there, but I find it more likely she was in End of the Road, as that's the ONLY level where her amnesia actually gets cured, which leads her to go on to sue umbrella, something she does not have the evidence to do in Decisions, Decisions (doubled by how Linda helps her in her canon epilogue).

Her memory recovery is shown in this video:
Yeah ı agree with you. I also prefer to see yoko in end of the road scenario instead of decisions, decisions. Having both george and yoko in decisions, decisions scenario without relying on online also seems impossible and trying to pick someone else other than george will get him killed.

So it makes more sense for george to be in decisions, decisions scenario with kevin and cindy as supports while yoko would be with david in end of the road scenario.

Thanks for sharing a source about yoko's ad-lib too. I remember trying to get that when ı played end of the road as yoko but ı couldnt get it. The video will be very helpful.

No worries.

There is also coded 'relationship values' in File 2's AI partner system, and George is literally the only person Yoko doesn't get along with and will ignore commands from, so that makes it even less likely to me haha.

I always thought the most likely pairs based on relationships/who likes who and automated AI partner selection was George/Cindy/Kevin/Jim for Decisions, Decisions and David/Mark/Alyssa/Yoko for end of the road, but it could have been anything really, just seems the most likely to me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
One thing I'm very glad for though is RE7 confirming these wonderful characters did in fact survive.
I dont think re7 confirms all of them surviving. It only confirms alyssa surviving. But ı remember re net's timeline confirming them surviving or something like that.

It makes sense for them to survive since the bad ending of end of the road scenario doesnt seem plausible to be canon after the entries released after outbreak series. I think it says that t-virus caused a worldwide attack or caused t-virus to spread all over the world and infect everyone which doesnt make sense to me. I could be wrong about this though.

No worries.

There is also coded 'relationship values' in File 2's AI partner system, and George is literally the only person Yoko doesn't get along with and will ignore commands from, so that makes it even less likely to me haha.

I always thought the most likely pairs based on relationships/who likes who and automated AI partner selection was George/Cindy/Kevin/Jim for Decisions, Decisions and David/Mark/Alyssa/Yoko for end of the road, but it could have been anything really, just seems the most likely to me.
Yeah ı agree. I like outbreak file 2's partner relationship system; it's a good way to improve from the 1st game. You can also select partners unlike the 1st game which punishes you very badly if you dont select the right character in some scenarios who would die if this would happen. With outbreak file 2; this can be more easily prevented.

As for your pairings; those are interesting team-ups but at the same time; ı never played them online. I played them by myself. With jim and alyssa; ı assumed that they escaped from the city through other means while for mark; ı used to have him as the 3rd partner in end of the road scenario but eventually ı assumed he escaped in a similar way jim and alyssa escaped. I prefer to have david and yoko together in end of the road without anyone else.

Still anything is possible and what matters is they all survived.

I dont think re7 confirms all of them surviving. It only confirms alyssa surviving. But ı remember re net's timeline confirming them surviving or something like that.

It makes sense for them to survive since the bad ending of end of the road scenario doesnt seem plausible to be canon after the entries released after outbreak series. I think it says that t-virus caused a worldwide attack or caused t-virus to spread all over the world and infect everyone which doesnt make sense to me. I could be wrong about this though.
It's kind of an all or nothing thing-it at the least confirms that NPC deaths when you don't pick the character for that level don't mean anything, and that's all that was really up in the air generally.

And yeah, bad ending is your character spreads the virus out of the city-very bleak, but no way it's canon. Linda definitely makes it and stops that.

As for your pairings; those are interesting team-ups but at the same time; ı never played them online. I played them by myself. With jim and alyssa; ı assumed that they escaped from the city through other means while for mark; ı used to have him as the 3rd partner in end of the road scenario but eventually ı assumed he escaped in a similar way jim and alyssa escaped. I prefer to have david and yoko together in end of the road without anyone else.
The online player cap of 4 is generally accepted as the group size, since the game was made with online in mind and the AI were kind of an afterthought, but if File 3 had ever seen the light of day we might have gotten a 3rd escape the city scenario which could have changed the theories there-and made them even more complicated. XD

It's pretty easy to play on the fan server these days, if you ever want to try it and have the time I'd be happy to assist through discord. But that's up to you.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It's kind of an all or nothing thing-it at the least confirms that NPC deaths when you don't pick the character for that level don't mean anything, and that's all that was really up in the air generally.

And yeah, bad ending is your character spreads the virus out of the city-very bleak, but no way it's canon. Linda definitely makes it and stops that.

The online player cap of 4 is generally accepted as the group size, since the game was made with online in mind and the AI were kind of an afterthought, but if File 3 had ever seen the light of day we might have gotten a 3rd escape the city scenario which could have changed the theories there-and made them even more complicated. XD

It's pretty easy to play on the fan server these days, if you ever want to try it and have the time I'd be happy to assist through discord. But that's up to you.
I see, thanks. As for online; ı dont need it personally. I enjoy the games by myself fine.

Top Bottom