• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE Games: Best to Worst

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı want to say that ı'm gonna make another type of ranking. I'm gonna include every entry ı experienced in this along with mercenaries 3d and revillage, the ones that ı didnt play. I'll use 2 different methods to do this. So lets start:

SSS: Re6

S: Re2, Outbreak file 2, Darkside chronicles, Damnation, Marhawa desire, Biohazard the stage

A: Re3, Recv, Outbreak, Re5, Rerev2, Degeneration, Heavenly island

B: Re1, Re0, Re4, Umbrella chronicles, Mercenaries 3d, Rerev, Reorc, Vendetta

C: Gaiden, Re7, Re3 2020, Revillage, Prelude to the fall

D: Remake, Dead aim, Re2 2019, Infinite darkness

E: Survivor, Survivor 2

F: Umbrella corps

As for the different method, ı'll use images to do this.

SSS

S

A

B

RE4_GC_NTSC.jpg

C

D

E

F

So this is it. I think ı included pretty much all the ones that ı experienced. I watched mercenaries 3d and revillage rather than playing but ı still wanted to include them this time.

Last edited:
ı played some of the games in this order: re4, re5, re6, revelations, revelations 2, re7, re2 remake, re1 remake and re0

my ranking would be like this:

re4-first one that ı played really loved the mechanics the story characters
re6-felt like a great improvement from re5 really enjoyed the variety multiple scenarios as well as characters
re7-really surprised me when ı finished it the story was really tragic and it was really scary to me however ı was disappointed with chris scenario ı didnt want to buy extra paid dlc either
revelations-loved the environment but it wasnt as interesting as re4 and re6
revelations 2-enjoyed it but the episodic nature of the game annoyed me
re2 remake-really loved the graphics and beautiful models but it confused me with its story
re5-extremely disappointing after re4 it didnt feel as fun as that game ı couldnt stand with partner aı
re1 remake-loved the graphics but the game feels too dated to play
re0-same thing as re1 remake except more dated and tedious

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So ı want to say that ı'm gonna make another type of ranking. I'm gonna include every entry ı experienced in this along with mercenaries 3d and revillage, the ones that ı didnt play. I'll use 2 different methods to do this. So lets start:

SSS: Re6

S: Re2, Outbreak file 2, Darkside chronicles, Damnation, Marhawa desire, Biohazard the stage

A: Re3, Recv, Outbreak, Re5, Rerev2, Degeneration, Heavenly island

B: Re1, Re0, Re4, Umbrella chronicles, Mercenaries 3d, Rerev, Reorc, Vendetta

C: Gaiden, Re7, Re3 2020, Revillage, Prelude to the fall

D: Remake, Dead aim, Re2 2019, Infinite darkness

E: Survivor, Survivor 2

F: Umbrella corps

As for the different method, ı'll use images to do this.

SSS

View attachment 1521

S

View attachment 1522

View attachment 1523

View attachment 1524

View attachment 1525

View attachment 1526

View attachment 1527

A

View attachment 1528

View attachment 1529

View attachment 1530

View attachment 1532

View attachment 1533

View attachment 1534

View attachment 1535

B

View attachment 1536

View attachment 1537

View attachment 1660

View attachment 1538

View attachment 1539

View attachment 1540

View attachment 1541

View attachment 1542

C

View attachment 1543

View attachment 1544

View attachment 1545

View attachment 1546

View attachment 1547

D

View attachment 1548

View attachment 1549

View attachment 1550

View attachment 1551

E

View attachment 1552

View attachment 1553

F

View attachment 1554

So this is it. I think ı included pretty much all the ones that ı experienced. I watched mercenaries 3d and revillage rather than playing but ı still wanted to include them this time.
So ı managed to find a tiermaker that actually includes not just games but other non-game material too.

I've made another tierlist through that:

RE Ranking.png

It can be found here.

Last edited:
Decided to revive this older thread since there have been a few new releases since I last posted. Comparing to my last ranking from about 2 years ago some titles were swapped around.

RE Ranking 2023.jpg

-RE3 promoted from A to S
This game deserves it for having the best ammo crafting system than any other game in the series to date. The replayability is insane for having so much random elements.
-RE:2 demoted from S to A
After the RPD the game really starts to drag itself down with the heavily reimagined parts. It's still very fun but its flaws hold it back from being one of the best.
-RE:4 added to S
Regardless how I feel about some story changes, the game is high quality and pretty much improves on almost all aspects from the original which was already a phenomenal game. A modern RE game taking 20 hours to beat first time? It's unheard of.
-CV promoted from B to A
This felt like a fair change since I do have fond memories of it growing up. Besides the difficulty, this game was creative with the Umbrella storyline.
-RE1 promoted from C to B
Keeping the original a C felt wrong and after playing it more over the years it really grew on me. I was one of those who played the REmake more but I can see what the charm is all about now. The i-frame Hunters in Chris' campaign can go burn in hell though.
-Rev1 promoted from C to B
The story is a bit of a mess, but I do like some of the characters and the monster designs are unique. It doesn't deserve a C because it helped put RE back on track in terms of a more focused experience.
-RE6 promoted from D to C
This is not my favorite game in the series, but I recognize the good in it that is widely ignored by fans, which is frustrating.
-RE:3 demoted to a lower C
This game is unfinished and should of never came out in the state it was in. It was like M-Two never played the original and simply did what they wanted, instead of doing what was NEEDED.
-DC promoted from E to D
Besides the horrendous shaky camera, I do like the content this game offers and wished it garnered more attention from fans.
-RE:Verse and Resistance added to E
Waste of time MP games that shouldn't have been their own games to begin with. These were obviously cash grab's bundled with unfinished games like RE:3 to make it seem like a full experience, which it simply is not.

Honestly the games only start to become excruciating once it starts hitting E and F lol.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Decided to revive this older thread since there have been a few new releases since I last posted. Comparing to my last ranking from about 2 years ago some titles were swapped around.

View attachment 2075

-RE3 moved from A to S
This game deserves it for having the best ammo crafting system than any other game in the series to date. The replayability is insane for having so much random elements.
-RE:2 demoted to A
After the RPD the game really starts to drag itself down with the heavily reimagined parts. It's still very fun but its flaws hold it back from being one of the best.
-RE:4 added to S
Regardless how I feel about some story changes, the game is high quality and pretty much improves on almost all aspects from the original which was already a phenomenal game. A modern RE game taking 20 hours to beat first time? It's unheard of.
-CV promoted to A
This felt like a fair change since I do have fond memories of it growing up. Besides the difficulty, this game was creative with the Umbrella storyline.
-Rev1 promoted to B
The story is a bit of a mess, but I do like some of the characters and the monster designs are unique. It doesn't deserve a C because it helped put RE back on track in terms of a more focused experience.
-RE6 promoted to C
This is not my favorite game in the series, but I recognize the good in it that is widely ignored by fans, which is frustrating.
-RE:3 demoted to a lower C
This game is unfinished and should of never came out in the state it was in. It was like M-Two never played the original and simply did what they wanted, instead of doing what was NEEDED.
-DC promoted to C
Besides the horrendous shaky camera, I do like the content this game offers and wished it garnered more attention from fans.
-RE:Verse and Resistance added to E
Waste of time MP games that shouldn't have been their own games to begin with. These were obviously cash grab's bundled with unfinished games like RE:3 to make it seem like a full experience, which it simply is not.
Cool list. Darkside chronicles is at d though, not c. Where did you find that tierlist maker? Does it include all entries, including non-game material?

Original Resident Evil 4 for me is "S" tier and Remake 4 is "B" tier. Playing Remake for feels like i am playing survival horror like Re2 remake even than ammo is too low. It went from action horror to survival horror.

My updated list.

RE2
RE Remake
RE (1996)
RE3
CV
RE4
RE5
RE6
Revelations 2
RE0
RE7
Revelations
RE8
RE4 (2023)
RE2 (2019)
RE3 (2020)

I omitted the spin offs...

I find RE0 to be kind of boring because the pacing is slow, but the graphics are amazing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom