• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General RE Games: Best to Worst

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
From top to bottom:

-RE3
-RE1/REmake
-RE5
-RE2
-RE 4
-REmake 2
-RE Rev1
-RE Rev2
-RE: CV
-RE 0
-RE6
-RE7

Every series playthrough I do, games shift between each other, but currently it's:

1. REmake/RE1
2. RE7 Gold Edition
3. RE2 Remake
4. Code Veronica X
5. RE5
6. Revelations 2
7. RE6
8. RE4
9. RE2 (1998)
10. RE3
11. Revelations
498. RE Zero

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
S rank: Re6 = Marhawa desire = Biohazard the stage > Re4 = Re5 > Re2 = Recv > Remake > Rerev2 = Heavenly island

A rank: Re0 > Re3 > Darkside chronicles > Cgi films ( Damnation > Degeneration = Vendetta ) > Umbrella chronicles > Outbreak file 2

B rank: Outbreak > Pttf manga > Rerev > Re1 > Re2 2019 > Re7

C rank: Dead aim > Survivor = Survivor 2 > Gaiden = Reorc

D rank: Umbrella corps

Edited again cause some of my opinions changed.

Last edited:
Resident Evil 1 - Director's Cut before they changed the soundtrack
Resident Evil 2
Resident Evil 3
Resident Evil CV
Resident Evil Remake
Resident Evil 5
Resident Evil 4
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil Revelations
Resident Evil Outbreaks 1, File 2
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles

Games I either didn't care for, or didn't play yet:
Resident Evil 7 - Played only 15 minutes, then I got motion sickness
Resident Evil Revelations 2 - I hate the camera controls
Resident Evil Survivor - Too primitive looking
Resident Evil Dead Aim - Make me sick to my stomach
Resident Evil 6 - I only played all of Leon and part of Chris's gameplay
Operation Raccoon City - I hate the controls. Besides, my PS3 killed the game during the first boss fight
Umbrella Corp - Not played
Resident Evil Gaiden - Too cheap looking

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Reviving this. I edited my ranking, some of my opinions changed and ı would like to know where people would place re3 remake in their rankings.

Also changed some stuff to make the thread better fitting to replies.

S-Tier: Amazing!
1) RE2
2) REmake
3) REmake 2
A-Tier: Great!
4) RE3: Nemesis
5) RE4
6) RE5
B-Tier: Good
7) CODE: Veronica X
8) Revelations 2
9) Outbreak: File #2
10) Outbreak
C-Tier: Average
11) RE
12) RE7: Biohazard
13) REmake 3
14) Revelations
D-Tier: Tolerable
15) RE0
16) RE6
17) RE8: Village
18) Umbrella Chronicles
E-Tier: Bad
19) Dead Aim
20) Darkside Chronicles
21) Survivor
F-Tier: Painful
22) Operation Raccoon City
23) Umbrella Corps
24) Gaiden

Last edited:
Essentials: RE:R, RE2
Good: RE3, RE4, RE2:R
Mixed bag: RE3:R, RE5, RE7
Meh: CVX, RE6, RE0
Others: I mean technically Gaiden is amazing for the technology involved but nobody will play it now. For a console which is built for Pokemon and Wario I don't know what people expect, but the actual mechanics aren't great anyway beyond the GB Color graphics. I have no time for rail shooters or light gun games, especially ones with both motion controls and motion blur. Never got around to either Revelations, might try the second one some day. Outbreak is a failed experiment with the worst parts of RE controls and the worst parts of online co-op/co-op AI. Operation Raccoon City and Umbrella Corp don't interest me. Remember when Disney stopped making all those direct to video sequels because they were crap? Most of these spinoffs are like that and they need to go away.

For me, I would rank them:
1. Re4
2. Re6
3. Revelations
4. Re2
5. Re5
6. Revelations 2
7. Re3
8. Remake
9. ReDC
10. Re0
11. ReUC
12. Deadly Silence
13. ReORC
14. ReCVX
15. 2make
16. 3make
17. Re8
18. Re7
19. Outbreak
20. Outbreak File 2
21. Dead Aim
22. Survivor

I ranked the Outbreak games lower because of the servers no longer working, otherwise I think they would be much higher up.

This is the order I'd put them in. I haven't played any spinoff RE game besides ORC. I rank it #12. So this would be very similar to my other ranking.

1. RE6
2. Rerev2
3. Rerev
4. RE5
5. Revillage
6. Re0
7. Re2
8. Recv
9. Re1 / remake
10. Re3
11. Re4
12. ReORC
13. Re3 2020
14. Re2 2019
15. Re7

Tyrant

BSAA North America
Here is my ranking, I enjoy every RE game for what it is, this is just how I see them compared to the rest of the main series titles. My controversial picks will probably be where RE5 and RE2make are. Been playing since RE2 came out:

Here is my ranking, I enjoy every RE game for what it is, this is just how I see them compared to the rest of the main series titles. My controversial picks will probably be where RE5 and RE2make are. Been playing since RE2 came out:
View attachment 1484
It’s interesting you have RE0 so high, I used to be more fond of it but everytime I return to it I end up disliking it more and more.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
It’s interesting you have RE0 so high, I used to be more fond of it but everytime I return to it I end up disliking it more and more.

Yeah, I really love it in recent years. IDK why. I had speed-runs for Zero down like three years ago. Story and the location and characters I just love. Also, being able to drop items on the ground is really nice once you get used to it. Especially ever since someone told me to treat one of the characters like an inventory box. lol.

Top Bottom