• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Remake Thoughts

Starting my deeper look into R3make. Looking at the earliest files you get in the game, does it seem like they're too...light in tone. They all seem written to be very light despite the horrific events occurring (aside from the one suicide note). I mean, I get that mercs you probably have an off-beat sense humor but it just seems weirdly comedic in the writing. The only one that really works to me is Murphy's journal. I've just come across a file talking about how a guy had maggots from an unknown creature squirm down his throat and the next paragraph, he's joking about eating your veggies!? Like, what the hell? Are the rest of the game's files like this?

On another note, the designs for the drain deimos are pretty cool. All creepy, and slimy, and gross. I'm severely disappointed by how they've removed the Jill police station part of the game, come to think of it they've scrapped practically the first hour of the original game up until you run into Carlos' crew. Why?? Why remove the pathos of Jill wandering her former workplace, and facing her now zombified coworkers? Especially since they're seemingly trying to pull off Jill having PTSD and trauma from the Mansion Incident. Why remove that?

Brad is barely in this and his death is very underwhelming compared to his iconic death in the original that establishes that Nemesis does not fuck around. That, and how is personality is off from what we've known of Brad Vickers. Far too confident and chill with Jill for a man who left his team to die and flew around aimlessly during the first game. I feel like Nemesis hasn't shown up as much as his original either, which is pretty bad since he is the main attraction in this game. Mr. X was more persistent and that's not good.

Last edited:
I think we can expect the same levels of cuts with CVX and RE4, should they remake those.

At this rate, I don't want to see any more remakes, or even spin offs for that matter. They've shown they're incapable of doing neither. Plus, I am sick of repeating 1998 over and over again. Just...move the series the f*ck on, Capcom. Seriously...

My excitement for future titles deflated after REimagined 3 for sure. I hate feeling this way towards my favorite horror franchise, but it’s to the point where being invested in the stories has little to no payoff. It’s like a monster of the week soap opera that circle jerks you and goes nowhere.

No closure or care to source material will be the end of my fandom. Reboots do nothing for me.

I gave them very particular feedback after DMC5 came out, but I don't remember where the survey thing came from. If there's a similar thing available here please post it.

I happen to know this BioDevil_Dom guy, and he behaved like an absolute cretin ages ago, getting some idiot to call me a paedophile on air. I think he's now also accusing me of setting up bots on his YouTube channels, for "false views". I don't care about him enough to do that, so why'd I do that even if I knew how? :cautious:

Anyway, he said that RE4 being remade is "necessary". That's A grade shite, for starters. No real fan cares enough about bad controls or bad textures to want another half baked remade experience. I'd say RE4 is one of the core reasons RE is at its worst today, instead of being excellent, because Capcom taken the series in that action oriented direction is precisely why survival horror went so crap for nearly a decade. We just got a bad RE6 clone in RE3 (the new "remake" that has bombed). It's fine as it is, and if Capcom remakes it with M-Two, it will be like RE3.5, no doubt, where everything good about the 2005 version will NOT be in this new version. People are gonna hate the results. Just because you cannot run and gun at the same time, lazy people want a full on rehash just to get what pleases them. That's not a good enough reason to remake it in its entirety, likely because we will get a product with minimal content. Come on! :rolleyes:

And where's the logic in remaking RE4 instead of remaking CVX first? CVX comes before RE4...and is absolutely important as a sequel. Maybe CVX will be remade after RE4. That's honestly dumb, though. It just proves that Capcom are determined to keep on milking RE into the ground. And yes, RE4 is worth a fortune in their eyes. A fortune! So this could signal the end of excellence as we once knew it. If they are to push on and make this franchise great again, they need to do sequels in third person, and not first person. Few people like first person. It only caters to some fans. I've honestly giving up on thinking Capcom knows what they're doing. Don't bother with Dino Crisis!

I understand why people think RE4 “ruined” the franchise and in some ways it did lead it down a bad path but, I think most people forget before RE4 Resident Evil hadn’t been significant in a looooong time. When RE4 came out I went to pick it up at GameStop that morning and I was only one there. When I went to get my RE5 preorder at midnight the line was out the door. Without RE4 we wouldn’t be getting the awesome RE2 Remake.

RE4 word of mouth I think was the reason RE5 sold so many copies. Which as a result is why RE6 was a thing... but by that stage people had enough and weren't so into it I guess.

As for RE3 I spent like 2 hours screwing around with Operation Mad Jackal. This should have been included *facepalm*

I'm in no hurry to play this again. I honestly do not want to see any more remakes, considering this one was without a soul. Or at least, I don't want any more reimaginings for many years to come, so they can try to prove to us real fans that they still have some gas left in the tank when it comes to new stories. Rehashing old games and whatnot, just leaves us feeling like they cannot move forward in a good way.

There are a bunch of these online but it's annoying how some areas are just locked away and scrapped instead of being polished and used.

I understand why people think RE4 “ruined” the franchise and in some ways it did lead it down a bad path but, I think most people forget before RE4 Resident Evil hadn’t been significant in a looooong time. When RE4 came out I went to pick it up at GameStop that morning and I was only one there. When I went to get my RE5 preorder at midnight the line was out the door. Without RE4 we wouldn’t be getting the awesome RE2 Remake.

it ruined franchise to me because it was soft reboot without any payoff for umbrella downfall that other previous RE games endings were building up. The main cast is going after umbrella (2,3,CV). which was going to be the main plot of RE3.5 even zero was set up to be prequal/connected for RE 3.5 and then we get replaced "current" story was not even good.

I have more problems with RE4 then just it being an action game if RE4 was new IP I would be fine with it.

Most RE4 "fanbase" are made up of people did not play or weren't fan of RE franchise who got into it because of the hype and it was fun shooter and it flaws as RE game got overlooked that it wasn't a good resident evil game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
On another note, the designs for the drain deimos are pretty cool.
I disagree; the drain deimos in re3 remake are lame as hell. It looks like they combined drain deimos and brain suckers from og into one. They are so much better in og re3. Also no blue herbs for a weird reason in a remake of an survival horror entry. Green herbs cure poison now. ( I know it's not technically poison but you get what ı mean. )

I’m fed up discussing REimagined 3 so l will say one last thing. It’s up to the fans to create a faithful remake to this beloved title. After seeing fan projects trying to recreate RE1.5, 3.5, and even REmake in over the shoulder, it is up to the fans to correct the wrongs of Capcom.

Going by the recent remakes alone, I am scared what they will change next when it comes to the lore. An actual remake of RE3 has so much potential, and would add MORE and not LESS to the story.

Top Bottom