• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE: 3 Remake producers promise "there will be no delay"

Gamesradar writes:

read original story: https://www.gamesradar.com/resident-evil-3-remake-producers-promise-there-will-be-no-delay/

by Jordan Gerblick

The Resident Evil 3 remake mixes things up more than the Resident Evil 2 remake, the producers say

Capcom's Peter Fabiano and Masao Kawada have explicitly promised fans that their Resident Evil 3 remake won't be delayed past its April 3 release date. The devs also said the remake's development is about 90% complete, which is roughly in line with the fast-approaching release date.

In an interview with Famitsu, the producers responded to the relatively brief time period between the December announcement of the Resident Evil 3 remake and its April release date. "I promise that there will be no delay," was their response, translated from Japanese.

The acclaimed Resident Evil 2 remake, released a year ago, notoriously saw numerous delays before its eventual release. It's nice of the two producers on RE3make to put fans at ease by committing to the first release date revealed.

It seems extraordinary that the Resident Evil 3 remake could release just 15 months after the Resident Evil 2 remake, especially considering its sizable multiplayer component, Resident Evil: Resistance. It makes more sense when you remember Capcom had been developing the two games on the same engine and planned to release them together in one package. Since work had already begun on RE3make at the time RE2make was released, the wait time was considerably shorter.

The producers say the Resident Evil 3 remake will offer a new experience for fans of the original, even more-so than the Resident Evil 2 remake did. "People who know the original can enjoy it fresh," reads Fabiano's translated comment.

(sources: gamesradar.com )

Yama

Owner
LTTP but it's always great to hear this, especially after what happened with TLOU2 and FFVII:R. Made for a very crowded schedule, not that I'm complaining.

On the other hand a delayed game can be polished and pushing deadlines isn't always the best idea. Time will tell.

Mr. Rod

Staff
Rodimus Prime
Well the game has been finished for some time now, three months (or four since the announcement) is plenty of time for polishing.

The latest trailer really showcases the technical level they've achieved. It looks even better than RE2 both graphically and in the art direction, so I'm pretty confident in that department.

Speaking of delaying the game... I wanted to ask something. Is anybody a little bit concerned that we've not seen much of the game itself, and that the spin off has been shown more?

I thought Michael Does Life and his buddy Dillon in the Details were being overly impolite in their last live stream. It was down temporarily yesterday, because some troll false flagged it.

I called in at least 5 times. Once, I was pretending to make fun of Michael for looking like Shaggy. I couldn't hear them very well sometimes. But the second time I called, I was rudely cut off for mentioning a bit of acting stuff. I think the guy with the hat noticed I tried to call back in not long after that, and he threatened to block me. That was a bit rude. I've got a condition like Asperger's, so maybe I was going off topic a little. They could have just gave me a friendly reminder to stay on the straight and narrow. But trolling, I most certainly was not.

At the 2 hours and 5 minutes mark, a caller was trying to talk, and they were very rude to him. I don't know why they started being so disrespectful. The guy just said something, to make a comparison. They went on about zombies not being able to attack Leon on the ladder. The dude was having a hard time following their tangent, then they started to take the piss. After that, they told him to get back on that bus. That was bang out of order.

Speaking of delaying the game... I wanted to ask something. Is anybody a little bit concerned that we've not seen much of the game itself, and that the spin off has been shown more?

I thought Michael Does Life and his buddy Dillon in the Details were being overly impolite in their last live stream. It was down temporarily yesterday, because some troll false flagged it.

I called in at least 5 times. Once, I was pretending to make fun of Michael for looking like Shaggy. I couldn't hear them very well sometimes. But the second time I called, I was rudely cut off for mentioning a bit of acting stuff. I think the guy with the hat noticed I tried to call back in not long after that, and he threatened to block me. That was a bit rude. I've got a condition like Asperger's, so maybe I was going off topic a little. They could have just gave me a friendly reminder to stay on the straight and narrow. But trolling, I most certainly was not.

At the 2 hours and 5 minutes mark, a caller was trying to talk, and they were very rude to him. I don't know why they started being so disrespectful. The guy just said something, to make a comparison. They went on about zombies not being able to attack Leon on the ladder. The dude was having a hard time following their tangent, then they started to take the piss. After that, they told him to get back on that bus. That was bang out of order.

It's a little concerning yes but I guess they just have a drastically different marketing strategy for this game compared to RE2 Remake. I assume we should be getting a lot more soon as a final marketing push a month before launch.

And Michael Does Life is a troll. His whole channel exists to purely get a reaction out of people. I'm kind of surprised a lot of people don't realize this. So many serious people call in to his streams to attempt to change his mind. Not only does he have 100s of videos on RE3 all saying the exact same thing, he has videos on other popular games like God of War and Spider-man all saying they suck. Meanwhile, he also has a video on his channel about how Fallout 76 is amazing. Don't feed the troll.

I'll be critical of RE3, after I've formally played through it. I'm not really a fan of remakes, since their recent vision on remakes doesn't match up with Mikami's. But I'll judge it by how great it is in general. And yeah, I'm betting it will be short, but that's to be expected, since the original wasn't long, and RE2 was also longer than RE3 anyway.

Top Bottom