• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Demo coming March 19

I got mail from Capcom:

RESIDENT EVIL 3 DEMO COMING MARCH 19,
RESIDENT EVIL RESISTANCE OPEN BETA TO START MARCH 27

s.gif

LONDON – Mar. 16, 2020 – Resident Evil fans can get an early taste of the upcoming survival horror game, Resident Evil 3, with an action-packed playable demo that will be available starting this Thursday, March 19 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC players via Steam. The Resident Evil 3: Raccoon City Demo lets players step into the boots of the legendary heroine Jill Valentine, as she teams up with Carlos Oliveira and the Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (U.B.C.S.) to evacuate civilians from a crumbling Raccoon City. While Jill is fighting to save innocent civilians, she must also save herself from the relentless bioweapon Nemesis, whose sole objective is her demise. The Raccoon City Demo will reveal a brand new cinematic trailer exclusive to demo participants upon completion, and will be available starting March 19 at 00:00 h ET / 04:00 h GMT / 05:00 h CET on Xbox One and 13:00 h ET / 17:00 h GMT / 18:00 h CET on PlayStation 4 and Steam.

As if Jill’s battle was not daunting enough, Capcom also invites players to test their limits with a challenging Mr. Charlie scavenger hunt within the Raccoon City Demo. Twenty Mr. Charlie statues are strewn across Raccoon City; can you seek and destroy all of them with Nemesis hot on your heels? An on-screen counter will help players keep track of their acquired statues and a final count will be displayed upon the demo’s completion.

Later this month, fans can also get a sneak peek at Resident Evil Resistance, the asymmetrical 4 vs 1 multiplayer experience that is included with Resident Evil 3. In the open beta starting March 27, players have the option to take on the role of Daniel Fabron, one of the game’s four Masterminds, to run twisted experiments using various bioweapons and traps on a group of everyday civilians. In turn, players can band together as one of four of the six Survivors, each possessing a unique ability to help their team escape the experiment before time runs out. The Resident Evil Resistance open beta starts March 27 at 03:00 h ET / 07:00 h GMT / 08:00 h CET for Xbox One and PlayStation 4, and 13:00 h ET / 17:00 h GMT / 18:00 CET for Steam. The open beta will end when the game launches on April 3.

About Resident Evil 3 and Resident Evil Resistance

Resident Evil 3
stars Jill Valentine – one of video games’ most iconic heroines – as she escapes from a doomed Raccoon City while being pursued by the unrelenting bioweapon Nemesis. The horrific settings from the original game and new content come to life as never before with RE Engine, previously utilized to create the acclaimed Resident Evil 7 biohazard, Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 with high-definition graphics and modernized gameplay mechanics.

In Resident Evil Resistance, one Mastermind plots a deadly course by wielding a strategic deck of cards that create dangerous obstacles for a group of Survivors desperate to escape including vicious creatures, traps, ways to manipulate the environment, and weaponization of security cameras. In turn, Survivors must work together using their own special abilities and items they come across to thwart the Mastermind, and escape the experiment before time runs out.

Resident Evil Resistance will be included with Resident Evil 3 on April 3, 2020 for PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system, the Xbox One family of devices including Xbox One X, and Steam. Visit https://www.residentevil.com/3 for more information.

Yama

Owner
Full res images attached.

Attachments

• RER_Mastermind_Daniel_Fabron.jpg
    RER_Mastermind_Daniel_Fabron.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 5
  • RE3_RC_Demo_Jill.JPG
    RE3_RC_Demo_Jill.JPG
    508.9 KB · Views: 4
  • RE3_RC_Demo_Mr_Charlie.JPG
    RE3_RC_Demo_Mr_Charlie.JPG
    565.7 KB · Views: 4
  • RE3_RC_Demo_Zombies.JPG
    RE3_RC_Demo_Zombies.JPG
    781.9 KB · Views: 3
  • RE3_RC_Demo_Nemesis.png
    RE3_RC_Demo_Nemesis.png
    11 MB · Views: 8

IkariKH

B.S.A.A.
Demo came out early Wednesdsy for New Zealand. I always keep a AU, UK, CH, and JPN account for this reason.

Played it for a few hours. It's quite fun albeit very short. But it's a lot of fun and Nemesis is no push over. He's a bit easier to deal with once you get the hang of things but he can be a pain in the ass for sure.

They definitely did him justice.

Combat feels a bit more fun than RE2's even if it's mostly the same in the long run.

And i've grown to like new Carlos. I still miss classic Carlos but new Carlos is likable and quite attractive. So there's that.

Dodge mechanic takes practice but it's a lot of fun.

Got 10/20 Bobbleheads so far.

Can't wait for the full release. And can't wait for Resistance open beta next week.

I've avoided all information since the reveal trailer. I like how short the demo is because it'll make the full game feel fresher.

Nice to see Jill has a dodge and it's not as basic as it looks. Rolling under Nemesis' attacks and counterattacking with the knife is badass. It's also on point for Jill with her experience and it doesn't seem overpowered. At the mo' I can't consistently avoid getting grabbed so the window must be small. Speaking of the knife I like that it is now permanent and Jill's jab is a nice throwback (foreshadowing?) of RE5.

Raccoon City looks nice. It seems to me that the train might be used to traverse the city in chunks instead of how the original was one big puzzle. This demo area has much more detail than anything in RE2's streets. Looks claustrophobic punctuated with neon lights here and there. I like the vibe. I cannot recall if the Kite Bros. was mentioned in any RE other than Outbreak, but nice to see the series' history being culled. I have to explore to find other details.

Nemesis. He's much more agile and given the dodge he's gonna have some sweeping attacks. I saw him literally warp in front of me, but I think he'll be less threatening than he initially appears. I mean he is relentless at first. I would hope his first appearance in the full game is majestic, because the helicopter being lifted in RE2 by Tyrant is iconic to me at this point.

The demo is awesome. And by the way, this isn't "RE4 in Raccoon City" whatsoever. It's a survival horror game on par with the original! ;)

I streamed the demo on Twitch around 10 minutes ago.

There's a lot of things I enjoyed in that demo, like the look of the city or how there's an emphasis on exploration to collect ammo and health items and also the gunplay for the handgun. Even the soundtrack blows RE2 Remake's out of the water from what I've heard so far. From the save room theme reminiscent of the original game and the ominous droning sound during gameplay reminding me of "The Forest Trail" song from Silent Hill 2. Damn, I even like Jill's model in game whereas I wasn't really sure what to think about it when the first trailers launched (though if she could turn down the wittiness a bit it would be great). I hope there will be more zombie variety in the final game.

Pros - old knife instead of breakable defence weapon, classic dodge and environment items return, save room music
Cons - still too much lame modern/edgy language in both dialogue and files
Q - is the zombie bullet sponge damage the same or rebalanced?

Thoughts on R3make's demo.

Pros: Making the knife how it originally was in the other games as a permanent weapon and not a breakable PoS like it was in Remake 2. The colors in the city are more vibrant than in Remake 2, which is good since a lot of the color scheme in Re2make blended together and made everything look drab. I like Mikhail's voice actor. The return of the dodge mechanic. The little easter egg of RE2's credit music playing in the donut shop actually made me smile once I recognized it, which is a hard thing to do. Nemesis and his new headcrab zombie maker move is weird but interesting. He seems to operate like an even more persistent Mr. X, which is to be expected.

Cons: The dialogue is still garbage, I just do not understand how the dialogue quality has gone so downhill since 7. Everyone still sounds annoying and edgy like in Re2make. I still do not like Jill or Carlos' VA's nor their new designs. The zombies still appear to be the annoying, jenky bullet sponges they were in the previous game with the same unskippable lunge attack. Shoot a zombie point blank with Shotgun does the same damage as a handgun. Absolute tripe. And from what I hear, they still haven't made a good soundtrack for these remakes and have an allergy for music tracks that are actually audible.

Last edited:
Is there actually more than 10? I can't find more.

Just tried a few things. Nemesis has like a funny warp area when you go near the hydrant and he vanishes. Takes a couple of grenades to get him to go down for a minute. There's a stupid zombie door blocking your way if you try avoiding his arrival. Seemed to be more music in the train area than my first try? But I could be imagining things. It feels wrong not to be able to pick all those yellow locks.

There's a few around, so I guess either classic lockpick or something new. Also I noticed a clock at the top of the stairs that looks a lot like the old park jewel puzzle, so I wonder if that's a clue or just inactive.

As I played it, I felt like I had to make every bullet count. No auto-aim means you'll miss the heads of zombies a lot. But that's a good thing. It makes it more realistic not being allowed to aim in comfort. The only problem is that Nemesis seems quite unrelenting, and it's hard to counter his many attacks. It's also not fair, because you can still have nearby enemies, and he's just not giving a shit about that. :D

Top Bottom