• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Announcement Trailer

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I'm quite late for the party. What's up Biohaze? ;)

I tried to avoid anything RE3-related but seeing the trailer made me come back here and express my thoughts.

Jill looks tolerable. She surely isn't Julia Voth (still don't understand Capcom for not using her likeness but I suppose they love to troll their own fanbase) but it's okay. Her outfit is unfortunately a copy/paste of Claire's, though, that was given if you consider how much people bitched about her tube top/miniskirt combo. Too bad she lost her individuality.

Nemesis looks silly with that nose. Now I'm afraid that I'll laugh my ass off if when I encounter him.

Carlos, as N7 said, looks a lot like Chris, save for the wild hair. Nicolai and Mikhail both look awesome and I'm wondering about Barry's look.

Trailer looks good and promising, like the slightly more action-oriented approach even though RE3 was always a bit more on the action side. RE3 was the first RE game I played myself, so I hope they'll not mess this up.

I actually forgot all about Barry. He's the original bearded warrior, and I'm sure he'll be in the real ending, as opposed to an alternative one this time. ;)

Plus, I doubt they'll ever explain if Nicholai lived or not. This is a remake, after all. But that kind of bugs me to this very day. :sneaky:

I'm sure nothing else will really change. Brad will still die. I'm sure Jill will go to the police station. Nemesis will gradually morph into more grotesque versions, until the grand last fight. It would be cool though if we also got to visit some places that were featured in the Outbreak games. It looks like we'll be dotted around town much more than we were in RE 2, which was more so linear.

Hopefully the clock tower section will stay in. I wouldn't worry about the water puzzle and all that jazz. Likely, they'll keep the puzzles fairly simple. I've noticed with recent RE games that they've not really had much in the way of difficult puzzles. In RE 4, it was merely just a case of pushing a bust onto a square, and having another character as a placeholder. I think they realised that few people really liked those brain teasing puzzles.

Some puzzles are fine, but when you're at it for 20 minutes and getting nowhere, that's when you get bored quickly. I want to keep the action consistent.

I also think this game will have you using up your best ammo on Nemesis, so you'll mostly have nothing much left for the other enemies, so you'll have to plan your way around with limited ammo. The city itself could be like a puzzle, so to speak, with you having to figure out the safest route, and you'll probably be needing to free up a lot of slots for cranks, and stuff like that again.

Ok a bit late since I had to get some sleep after the trailer dropped but after sleeping on it here are my thoughts:

As everyone else has said, not a fan of Jill's redesign and will most definitely be playing through the game with the classic costume. Her voice does sound off too, I agree. She doesn't sound womanly and much too young. Carlos looks fantastic though. I'm digging the new voice and look. Nemesis I'm still not sold on. He does not look remotely intimidating anymore and looks comical, especially with that oversized mouth and nose. Hopefully he looks better in motion. It's quiet but you can hear him utter "STARS!" after he crashes through the ceiling and right before Jill turns and runs and jumps out of the burning hallway. Sounds ok, definitely better than Umbrella Chronicles at least.

Brad, I'm not sure on. Seems like he's gonna have a bigger role this go around which is fine but his nickname being "chicken-heart" certainly does not match up with what I'm seeing. He needs to be more terrified, this is the guy that took off and left STARS Alpha team behind after all. Hopefully he still gets brutally killed by Nemesis as a form of karma for that. Mikhail looks great, as does Nicholai from the small glimpse we see of him. Curious if Dario will be returning as well?

I'm loving the music remixes so far. You can hear a remix of Nemesis' theme in the trailer during the first person segment and it's more atmospheric but still recognizable. Raccoon city looks huge and seems like it's definitely going to be an Evil Within 2 situation with a giant hub you can explore. I like how we can see some civilians running about during the outbreak. I wanna see more survivors dying and struggling to survive as I'm running through the streets. Also seems like we're gonna be seeing more of the infection come into play if that scene with Jill looking into the mirror is anything to go by.

I NEED that collectors edition to go with my RE2 CE, especially that Jill statue so I can display her with my Leon. Pumped that RE Resistance is coming with it for free too. Doesn't seem like they really listened to much feedback after the beta though. That UI looks the exact same.

Mr.PajamaPants06

Writer, Director. Self-Proclaimed Comedian.
I feel like we all have sort of the same opinion about the redesigns. We're alright with them, but they're not the best. Also, not the absolute worst.

I'm a huge Jill fan, so being back with her is a lot of fun and alone just enough to make me excited, but I'm most excited about the story about this game. It really feels like Jill will find herself in some sort of position of leadership with survivors and other cops and this won't just be about her trying to escape alone. I always wanted to see Raccoon fall apart and I never understood why they never showed that. I'm just really interested by the scenario along with the emphasis on action.

Mr.PajamaPants06

Ok a bit late since I had to get some sleep after the trailer dropped but after sleeping on it here are my thoughts:

As everyone else has said, not a fan of Jill's redesign and will most definitely be playing through the game with the classic costume. Her voice does sound off too, I agree. She doesn't sound womanly and much too young. Carlos looks fantastic though. I'm digging the new voice and look. Nemesis I'm still not sold on. He does not look remotely intimidating anymore and looks comical, especially with that oversized mouth and nose. Hopefully he looks better in motion. It's quiet but you can hear him utter "STARS!" after he crashes through the ceiling and right before Jill turns and runs and jumps out of the burning hallway. Sounds ok, definitely better than Umbrella Chronicles at least.

Brad, I'm not sure on. Seems like he's gonna have a bigger role this go around which is fine but his nickname being "chicken-heart" certainly does not match up with what I'm seeing. He needs to be more terrified, this is the guy that took off and left STARS Alpha team behind after all. Hopefully he still gets brutally killed by Nemesis as a form of karma for that. Mikhail looks great, as does Nicholai from the small glimpse we see of him. Curious if Dario will be returning as well?

I'm loving the music remixes so far. You can hear a remix of Nemesis' theme in the trailer during the first person segment and it's more atmospheric but still recognizable. Raccoon city looks huge and seems like it's definitely going to be an Evil Within 2 situation with a giant hub you can explore. I like how we can see some civilians running about during the outbreak. I wanna see more survivors dying and struggling to survive as I'm running through the streets. Also seems like we're gonna be seeing more of the infection come into play if that scene with Jill looking into the mirror is anything to go by.

I NEED that collectors edition to go with my RE2 CE, especially that Jill statue so I can display her with my Leon. Pumped that RE Resistance is coming with it for free too. Doesn't seem like they really listened to much feedback after the beta though. That UI looks the exact same.

Have you ever heard of or read the RE3 Chinese Manhua comics? Brad is in the story, but he's actually pretty badass and his flaws aren't really that he's a chicken, but more so he's just selfish and sells out and leaves everyone in the dust. I feel like that interpretation of him struck me more and made more sense. Perhaps they're going that route here? After all, Kevin Ryman couldn't make STARS. How did Brad?

Brad was a minor character in the original. He flies off at the beginning, and gets redemption later, by saving who's left. He was basically in RE3 just so Nemesis could make an example of somebody associated with STARS. The others from STARS in RE1 were just fodder for the creatures you faced.

so is capcom are going ignore Rebbeca? since the last movie established that she survived the raccoon city outbreak this is the biggest opportunity to bring her and billy back.

Have you ever heard of or read the RE3 Chinese Manhua comics? Brad is in the story, but he's actually pretty badass and his flaws aren't really that he's a chicken, but more so he's just selfish and sells out and leaves everyone in the dust. I feel like that interpretation of him struck me more and made more sense. Perhaps they're going that route here? After all, Kevin Ryman couldn't make STARS. How did Brad?
I've heard of them but never read them. That makes sense though, I could see it. I always assumed since he was just the dedicated helicopter pilot, his skill requirements were probably lower than the rest of the squad since he wouldn't really be in the field for combat.

I wonder if this time they'll actually spell/pronouce Nikolai's name correctly now that they're doing RE3 over again or if they'll just continue using the botched translated version.

The new Jill does look like Milla from some angel. Anyone?
So looks like there will be a lot of scenario change to the original. Like Nemesis chasing Jill out of her apartment. That makes the encounter with Nemesis at RPD not the first time.
I like the new scenario for the birth of Nemesis. That could explain why his limiter looks so temporary instead of well designed like the Tyrant.
In the BH3 HK comic, Jill went back to the Mansion in her nightmare when during infection. It would be cool if there is some controllable session in Jill's infected nightmare in this one!
Hard to say much about Resistance right now. But at least that's some innovation on extra campaigns, besides the Mercenary mode.

Mr.PajamaPants06

I've heard of them but never read them. That makes sense though, I could see it. I always assumed since he was just the dedicated helicopter pilot, his skill requirements were probably lower than the rest of the squad since he wouldn't really be in the field for combat.

Oh, that’s a good point. I forgot he was the pilot.

While I understand and agree with the too similar to Claire's outfit argument I'm still happy they opted for a practical costume this time. No one here can say capcom wasn't just pushing for fan service in the original. It's a costume that hasnt aged well. And hey, at least the classic costume option is actually a faithful recreation unlike claires.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
In the English version, wasn't it Ginovaef?
Yep, but it's completely incorrect. Nikolai's real name in Russian is Николай Зиновьев (transliterated: Nikolaj Zinoviev. Nikolaj is the Russian form of Nicolas, btw.)
But it looks like Capcom took the 'japanized' version of his name for the English version: ニコライ・ジノビェフ(transliterated: Nikorai Jinobyefu). Since Modern Japanese doesn't know 'zi' they went with 'ji' because it's the closest equivalent of 'zi' (Classical Japanese had 'zi', though). It's a common practice there. How the 'a' in Ginovaef come into there remains a mystery to me ?

Source: I'm Polish but I understand Russian thanks to my fiancée. She's Russian. I also understood the J'avos in Edonia as they spoke Serbian. ? I also studied Japanese, modern as well as Classical Japanese, at my university.

Last edited:

Nero Sparda

Jack!POT!
Yep, but it's completely incorrect. Nikolai's real name in Russian is Николай Зиновьев (transliterated: Nikolaj Zinoviev. Nikolaj is the Russian form of Nicolas, btw.)
But it looks like Capcom took the 'japanized' version of his name for the English version: ニコライ・ジノビェフ(transliterated: Nikorai Jinobyefu). Since Modern Japanese doesn't know 'zi' they went with 'ji' because it's the closest equivalent of 'zi' (Classical Japanese had 'zi', though). It's a common practice there. How the 'a' in Ginovaef come into there remains a mystery to me ?

Source: I'm Polish but I understand Russian thanks to my fiancée. She's Russian. I also understood the J'avos in Edonia as they spoke Serbian. ?
Can I ask what do the J'avo say? I've been wondering that for a long time.

Top Bottom