• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Announcement Trailer

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
*Watches RE3make trailer*

Me:

Love it! Looks like Brad will live longer than a few minutes. Also, more survivors this time around. I'm a bit sad she didn't keep her skirt, though. Now her outfit is almost the same as Claire's but other than that, I love it and can't wait till April 3rd

Now... for my thoughts on the trailer and producer's comments. ;)

Not surprisingly, this game will have more action. That's not to say it's "another RE 4". The original was also very action heavy as well. And why not? Nemesis is a bad dude, after all.

I do like that this is a totally different take on the original, with Jill also helping other survivors. It would be cool if Dario Rosso is among some survivors in the subway, being all awkward.

From the collector's edition, I seen we get a map of Raccoon City included. Very cool!

Jill looks incredible. Looks like you'll have to make every bullet count.

I still don't care about Resident Evil: Resistance.

Brad and Mikhail look cool. Carlos looks different, but you cannot really expect the samey-stuff from the original, considering it's a remake.

A point of interest: The RE 2 remake didn't have the ivy plants, but this spin off does? Weird.

I hope the Hunters etc are in. Please, God!

Yeah. I can't say I'm overly fond of Carlos' redesign. I don't think it's as bad as Chris' was. But still - I don't get it. If you look at the original game's Carlos, there's no major resemblance anymore.

But I was kind of expecting a lot of changes, considering well, there's the RE Engine factoring into everything. I just think he doesn't need the beard. He's already manly enough.

o_O

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I like many things from the trailer and I wouldn't want to make this too long so I'll say what I didn't like lol

Jill's outfit is pretty much the SAME as Claire's when she wasn't using the jacket with the only difference being the color. Same shirt, same jeans and oddly similar boots... Meh.
Jill's face also looks a bit off when seeing her in motion, sure nothing like Weirdfield but could've been WAY better.

Yeah N7, Carlos looks like he could be Chris's younger brother LOL He looks more like Chris than that atrocity from RE7, ironic.

My RE Engine looks ranked thus far:

1- Claire;
2- Leon;
3- Jill;
100- Chris;

Come to think of it... yeah. Carlos looks more like a BSAA agent than Chris did in RE7. In RE7, he looked like a helicopter pilot or some generic soldier. Not a wimpy looking guy by any means, but absolutely NOT like the same Chris from most of the prior, action heavy sequels.

Jill's face does look a bit... meh. Her outfit is fine, but I do think they cut and pasted it from Claire in RE 2. It also looks like the zombies are kind of similar to those in RE 2 as well, and the original RE 3 was actually unique in that it had all kinds of zombies, from fat ones to deceptively fast ones. So I hope that trend will continue.

Brad saying Nemesis has a hard-on for them was a bit... corny? I kind of liked the original game's delivery a bit more. Like cheese on toast, deadpan.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Jill's outfit is pretty much the SAME as Claire's when she wasn't using the jacket with the only difference being the color. Same shirt, same jeans and oddly similar boots... Meh.

Yep, major gripe here as well. I understand Capcom aims for more realism this time, but c'mon they could've given her an outfit, much different from Claire. Pretty sure most will switch to Classic Jill once the game's out. Otherwise, no complaints from my side. This Jill may not be Julia Voth but it's definitely an improvement over Revelations Jill, by far the worst iteration of her, if I've ever seen one.

Carlos definitely looks more like Chris than Chris himself. :cautious:

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Come to think of it... yeah. Carlos looks more like a BSAA agent than Chris did in RE7. In RE7, he looked like a helicopter pilot or some generic soldier. Not a wimpy looking guy by any means, but absolutely NOT like the same Chris from most of the prior, action heavy sequels.

Jill's face does look a bit... meh. Her outfit is fine, but I do think they cut and pasted it from Claire in RE 2. It also looks like the zombies are kind of similar to those in RE 2 as well, and the original RE 3 was actually unique in that it had all kinds of zombies, from fat ones to deceptively fast ones. So I hope that trend will continue.

Brad saying Nemesis has a hard-on for them was a bit... corny? I kind of liked the original game's delivery a bit more. Like cheese on toast, deadpan.
But Remake 3 reusing assets from 2 was something I was expecting. CODE: Veronica will be the most unique Remake! :p

Chris in RE7 was a disgrace to be honest, not only he looked nothing like Chris, the model itself looked like some poster boy and the military stuff just doesn't fit his face... Literally NOTHING to do with Chris. You know it is time to give up when Carlos Oliveira in his 20's looks manlier than Chris in his 40's lol

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!

Well, in the special video they did mention that Carlos was supposed to look like a reliable ally for Jill so...

The line was okay but it sounds a tad bit juvenile. I mean in RE2make they cuss a lot, too.

N7Valentine

It's my turn now, Bitch!
Anyway. People are already suspecting that Jill is infected from the get go because of this

But I suspect she's reliving her nightmare from the Mansion Incident, perhaps she suffers from PTSD? Or it could be a nightmare from the time when she was infected and unconscious.

I am disappointed by Jill's design. As to be expected. Like Cap and N7 mentioned, her outfit's too generic and similar to Claire. I also don't like her face now that I can see it clearer, that combined with her new voice make her sound like a teenager instead of an adult woman.

The ending with Nemesis gave me Anderson movie flashbacks so I have a bad feeling when it comes to Nemesis and any expansion on his lore. Speaking of Nemesis the caution tape on him is really dumb. I had hoped that was just part of the poster design, but no.

That whole zombie Jill scene may be just for aesthetic and trailer shots and not too deep. We know they've done such things before for the sake of cool visuals. Carlos still looks wack. Mikhail I'm ok with, same as Nicholai (so long as they don't make him a raving psychopath like in ORC anyway).

Brad having more a role in the story and seemingly making an actual effort to do his job as a police officer is interesting. Though I feel it clashes with what we know of his personality and character.

In the end, I am not very wowed by this. It feels like more of same as RE2 '19, something I don't want nor am interested in. If this is what there going to do for all RE games from now on, I'm pressing the snooze button on this one.

Top Bottom