• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Random Thoughts

Me neither, because it's absolutely shit in any case, and people seem to get bent out of shape if you flame Capcom. But I would say Capcom kind of deserves it for half-assing their games, and going back to Raccoon City more times than a monkey picks nits from its mate's hair.

After thinking about this for a long time, ı'm gonna continue to post here more. But ı dont have the interest to discuss the storyline of the series anymore. Rather than doing that, ı'm gonna publish more videos to my channel as a way to show substantial evidence from my playtime with the games. So far ı only uploaded videos from re games but ı've been thinking about branching to games part of other game series. After uploading enough, ı might do that but right now ı'm more focused into re games that ı still play and enjoy.
Welcome back! Hope everything is alright with ya. Yeah sometimes it’s best to move on to greener pastures and refocus our lives on what is more important. In terms of story, I am also pretty exhausted of it myself and am not interested in the X-Men/internal mind stuff they been injecting into the games. Until RE9 is released, it’s hard to say what direction they will take the franchise going forward, but my guess is 10 more years of reimaginings. This will be the only video game IP with so many and it has really undermined the importance of the earlier games and their influence on the industry.

Covering the same old pish is pointless anyway. At the end of the day, we did our part and spoke up against Capcom, and were sometimes unruly for a reason.

Unfortunately, the demographic for games and just media as a whole has changed for the worse over the last couple of decades.

It's only gonna get worse. Just enjoy the shit you like and don't worry about opinions on generic post boards like GameFAQs.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I didnt want to ask this but how do you make your signature show on the forum? I want to share my channel under my posts as well as put an image with another addition but when ı check my posts, my signature doesnt show.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Nevermind ı did it, ı needed to enable " Show people's signatures with their messages " again. The signature doesnt show when logged out of an account but ı dont think that matters.

The reason I don't upload avatars or that is an OCD thing. I feel like I could leave a site all of a sudden, and never return.

Lately, I have been noticing that a tangible amount of inactivity is putting me right off from posting any more on the relatively few message boards I do visit, and a weird stalker has been bugging me for ages. But I cannot be arsed explaining about that nonsense.

Plus, I lost my mum under shite circumstances in September. So since she was my primary support person, you can imagine how empty life feels now.

All things considered, I believe that the 2020s era of the survival horror genre we love so dearly is awfully meh as a whole. Sometimes, however, it's great. Other times, it's rubbish. You know?

The reason I don't upload avatars or that is an OCD thing. I feel like I could leave a site all of a sudden, and never return.

Lately, I have been noticing that a tangible amount of inactivity is putting me right off from posting any more on the relatively few message boards I do visit, and a weird stalker has been bugging me for ages. But I cannot be arsed explaining about that nonsense.

Plus, I lost my mum under shite circumstances in September. So since she was my primary support person, you can imagine how empty life feels now.

All things considered, I believe that the 2020s era of the survival horror genre we love so dearly is awfully meh as a whole. Sometimes, however, it's great. Other times, it's rubbish. You know?
I find it funny that all these indie devs have been influenced by the RE2 Remake, so we are seeing a flood of that style again, albeit it’s pretty lukewarm. When you stick to a hobby for a long time you see the 1’s and 0’s unfortunately and can’t enjoy things the same way. I envy those who can enjoy the newer RE’s more than me but I will always place the classic trilogy as the best, with the exception of RE4 for different reasons.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Did anyone else play helldivers 2? I saw that game being compared to re5 and re6 before and it made me very curious about the game itself. It's quite expensive here so ı cant buy it right now but ı found the game interesting for what it is.

I haven't heard of it. I'll look it up on YouTube later.

With how nice the weather is becoming lately, I really wish I had a bike to cycle to Penicuik or to Roslin. My dad got my old bike out of the loft last year, but one of the tyres popped on the way home. It's way too small for me now anyway, as I noticed my knees were nearly colliding with the handlebars.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
A game ı was thinking about visiting on pcsx2 emulator was medal of honor frontline. When ı used to have a ps2, ı remember playing this and thinking about that feels so nostalgic. During a younger age, ı was playing more war themed games from different series and medal of honor frontline was one of them. I dont have my ps2 anymore but ı thought about getting a new ps3 before so that it would play ps1 / ps2 games as well as read my physical ps3 discs that my current ps3 doesnt do anymore.

Nowadays whenever a war themed game gets mentioned, it can go like " Ugh call of duty! Shoot, shoot, shoot! Regenerative health! Toxic fanboys! " . Facepalm...

That's why I cannot be arsed covering survival horror anymore. Even when great games come out, it seems like if Capcom didn't touch it, people just whine that it's copying another game or something. Yet don't the same people find themselves being bored when no new RE content is available?

Just seems kind of hypocritical to get something one wants, then they find a reason to moan about it anyway. You either wish it or go fish it. So to speak!

Like I said, try watching old horror films. Their age doesn't bother me. They are entertaining, and influenced countless of these type of games. They set the bar very high, which is why I appreciate old school actors.

To be honest, I don't bother with YouTube any more, simply because of this Australian asshole called James Berich who spams like a tit, and acts in a peculiar manner. Nobody was really tuning in anyway. It's also very inactive on a lot of online forums, just because people flock to Facebook and X these days.

Hopefully your channel will grow, though.

Top Bottom