• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Oh dear!

Indeed! ;)

Why can't Capcom just bloody move past 1998 forever, instead of milking the tar out of it? My God. The garbage they churn out is just flat out ridiculous.

OK. We understand that's the most popular era in terms of the plot, and so on. Capcom obviously knows that 1998 is their primary golden age for the whole damn franchise, so the pay piglets (as in, us) get excited about what they keep on showing off. Usually, I'd say we do get curious, no matter how much we do moan about them doing it. But for crying out loud, here. You have to move forward at some stage, Capcom.

Raccoon City is gone. It has been gone for well over 20 years now. GONE. GONE. GONE. We don't need 3521 remakes and 3882 spin offs featuring Raccoon City, and all of the related bland crap covering the year 1998 repeatedly. Resident Evil 2 was technically remade 10 years prior to the real remake, with The Darkside Chronicles. So it's time y'all just move on over there at Capcom, and well, focus on 2020 now, or something.

Jesus H. Christ, people. Milk! Milk! Milk! :D

???

???

Aren't they also making a reboot of the live-action movies (the terrible ones by Constantin Films)? They released the cast last week; I saw it on the RE Wiki. Unsurprisingly, the casting choices are horrible. ie. Avan Jogia as Leon? Wtf? Granted he's a good-looking man in his own right and I'm sure he's a decent actor but he just doesn't fit Leon.

But at least Paul WS Anderson is gone for good this time so who knows, maybe these ones will be decent.

I'm not absolutely certain, but I think both the live action and CGI series are linked to the games. Maybe the live action series is about Chris trying to implement Umbrella following the mansion incident. Until Capcom reveals more information, it's unlikely we will know any sooner.

Top Bottom