• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games "Next Gen" Games you waiting for?

So besides Resident Evil what similar genre or another type of games are you waiting for this year?

I'm on the fence for Elder Ring, but to be honest I don't know if its age or how game industry is nowdays but I'm not excited for new games anymore.

I never got Biohazard 7 or Village, but I got the Remakes for 2 and 3, a new RE game would be bleh for me, like ok cool? but ill be very picky into getting it.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The only game that ı'm really curious right now is god of war ragnarok. I doubt ı'll play it since ı didnt play god of war 2018 as of now but ı'm really wondering about its story and how it will follow from the game.

I'm not interested for trying more re engine re games either. I still played re7 and re2 2019 a good amount and ı also played re3 2020 once. However ı dont think ı'll ever touch them again, ı feel burned out from them. I wont bother with revillage either which doesnt look interesting to me.

Though ı would like to get another new port for re6 other than pc and ps3 versions. I'll probably get xbox one version so that ı can play it on a console with 60 fps. I dont want to get it on ps4 cause from what ı've seen, some cutscenes dont look properly, ı mean some characters' phones dont view well. The plane crashing cutscene in leon's campaign also looks oddly different for some reason.

That's if ı would get the console. If ı would get that, ı would also like to buy dmc5 on it as well. I cant play it on my pc anymore. I tried to play it but the button prompts for my gamepad dont work properly. Idk how ı would solve that nor that ı'm interested really.

I try Reverse and it was dumb filled with the same type of people that main the girl character, a bit obnoxious type of gameplay, really needs more balance and polish.

I don't know if that game is getting an overhaul or just cancel, I feel the concept is awful, worse than RESISTANCE*.

Last edited:
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Spider-Man 2 mostly. Have some catching up to do after getting a PS5.

Yama

Owner
Outside of Biohazard definitely TLOU Online and the first games remake leading the pack. Bungie's new IP Matter. FFVII Part 2 and XVI. Bomb Rush Cyberpunk (Jet Grind style), GRID Legends (finally a simcade racer like PGR4). B4B and Infinite were big ones for me but came out already.

Outside of Biohazard definitely TLOU Online and the first games remake leading the pack. Bungie's new IP Matter. FFVII Part 2 and XVI. Bomb Rush Cyberpunk (Jet Grind style), GRID Legends (finally a simcade racer like PGR4). B4B and Infinite were big ones for me but came out already.
I have the first The Last of Us but I didn't like the pace of the multiplayer.

Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Spider-Man 2 mostly. Have some catching up to do after getting a PS5.
Those games feel a bit isolated, do you have another favorite franchise? I do like Monster Hunter but I find the gameplay way too old, to the point you are just doing the same on each version of the game, and the new one to top originality they just used Japanese folklore like wow so unique, same for the new pokemon game, wooow so original, more generic folklore games.

The one I truly enjoy being old Japanese folklore was Toukiden games but it's because they were sold as that, they didn't shift to that style to reach webbs.

I wouldn't mind a new Psycho Break (The Evil Within) if for no other reason than the second one deeply disappointed me. Ghostwire Tokyo is the only one I listed not part of a well established franchise as of yet but Tango Gameworks did very good by their first game even though its sequel felt lackluster and the yokai concept has always fascinated me. A new Watch_Dogs could also be nice as there is always room for more with those games. I know these three won't happen, but the absolute best thing would be either a new Half-Life as I don't count that VR grandstand Alyx that needlessly broke the timeline, a new Demon Castle Dracula (Castlevania), or a new Legacy of Kain. These have the greatest Horror potential unless CAPCOM finally realises how terrible RE Engine has been and goes back to a REV2 model. I am also always looking forward to Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
I know, but I think they realized killing off Joel was a blunder, because now they lost the appeal it began with. Everybody is still mad that Abby was spared, when Ellie had her where she wanted her. :D

Or they're becoming money grabbers. Maybe both. :(

I know, but I think they realized killing off Joel was a blunder, because now they lost the appeal it began with. Everybody is still mad that Abby was spared, when Ellie had her where she wanted her. :D

Or they're becoming money grabbers. Maybe both. :(
I don't think the developers have any regrets, didn't they won sooo many awards and got sooo many reviews.

I think The Evil Within games are better than this Harry Potter horseshit that defined RE8. But look on any other forum online. Who even talks about those games? Nobody.

It's kind of sad, because Bethesda did a splendid job. It was like you were walking in Silent Hill, but the gameplay was like RE4.

Give genre fanatics what they ask for, and people still find something to moan about. Like, you can tell that they're never satisfied.

I think The Evil Within games are better than this Harry Potter horseshit that defined RE8. But look on any other forum online. Who even talks about those games? Nobody.

It's kind of sad, because Bethesda did a splendid job. It was like you were walking in Silent Hill, but the gameplay was like RE4.

Give genre fanatics what they ask for, and people still find something to moan about. Like, you can tell that they're never satisfied.
this is proof that Resident Evil only sells because of brand name, I would have to say the 2 Evil Within were very good games, but they weren't a "Resident Evil" game, you would be surprised how much.

I play horror type games to be scared, though, and I adored the atmosphere in those older games. But after 2005, Capcom just messed up the series. It doesn't even have anything to do with the camera angles either. I'm able to adapt, but they're just not games I can identify with any longer.

No offense to users who like RE6 or any of the action heavy sequels, but that run and gun hockum deviated the series away from the core beginnings. The same with 4 and 5. But I am not going to totally dismiss them and say people cannot still enjoy them. But they just aren't horror games. That's the thing.

If I wanted action, I would play an action game. Once RE became that, it was all but ruined. Then with RE7, I could see Capcom was once again copying trends, since first person games were becoming increasingly popular, especially around the time that Silent Hills was cancelled. But they at least made it horror.

I'm not a big fan of 7, but it was a great effort. When 8 came out, they went backwards again. But 7 sucks because of how they made Chris look nothing like Chris, and Ethan is so bland. I do think they could have not hidden his face, the way they did.

But I don't like the remakes or most of the other trash they release, like these movies and online games, and mobile games. They've really kept on milking RE, and I hate the fact they go back to 1998 so many times. These days, I don't even like to talk about it on other forums, as you can tell they are populated by arse lickers, and even YouTubers lie through their teeth, just for the sponsorship. They're likely to deny that, but it's the truth.

YouTube was better when users could just be honest, and not go around saying things that are asked of you for a juicy pay packet, or a free copy. That's false. That's being dictated to.

Going to sink alot of time into Horizon II: Forbidden West and Elden Ring when they launch later this month. I am betting will get around 100 hours between both games so won't have much time to think of anything else haha.

I still haven't bought a PS5. I think it came out around October of 2020. A lot of games got released on the PS4 anyway. If there was a reason to rush out soon for one, I would reconsider. Right now, there is nothing. Nothing whatsoever. I think I will get one by the end of this year, though. Just have a hunch.

Yama

Owner
Dying Light 2 has been a breath of fresh air, really enjoying this game. The world is gorgeous and it's a good co-op experience, jump-in and jump-out.

I think there's not gonna be any more RE games on the PS4. I think Village was probably the last one. I'm definitely gonna have to get a PS5, probably by the end of this year, or possibly in the early months of next year.

Top Bottom