• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 New RE:3 Details: Game changes, cast, new trailer, unannounced game

Dark Side Of Gaming writes:

by John Papadopoulos

Capcom has revealed some new details about the upcoming Resident Evil 3 Remake, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis. According to the team, the remake will have bigger changes and will not stick as close to the original as Resident Evil 2 Remake did. Not only that, but the developers may also change some story events.

Moreover, Capcom aims to make the game’s cast more interesting. Dario from Resident Evil 3 will also have a much larger role. The developers have also reimagined the Hunter enemy for the modern era and gameplay style, so they could make Hunters more interesting for a modern audience.

Capcom also plans to release a new trailer for Resident Evil 3 Nemesis in early 2020.

What’s also interesting here is that Capcom may be also working on another, unannounced Resident Evil game. Or at least that’s what the latest RE Ambassador program hints at. As the email clearly states:
“Also, as limited offers to Ambassadors, we have invitations to a play test session of our unannounced title*, and priority seats at our game show booth.”
Do note that in this very same email, Capcom names both Resident Evil Resistance and Resident Evil 3 Nemesis. So yeah, it remains to be see what this unannounced Resident Evil game is (perhaps Resident Evil 8?).

Stay tuned for more!

(Collector's Edition Jill Statue shown off, looks to be about a foot or so tall. Resetera)

(Sources: dsogaming.com, Resetera )

Attachments

• 072ff9bb768c6420ce7df82ebfd025c0.jpg
    072ff9bb768c6420ce7df82ebfd025c0.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 0
As long as they don't do stupid lines like in Remake 2 scenario B ending, I'm totally OK with more changes.
I think Remake 3 might have chance to do better story telling than Remake 2, because it does have more characters in its source materials to cook with.

Yama

Owner
I actually want this from the re-imagining, to see the city expanded and more open ended without technical limitations will also be nice.

Yeah. There has been an outpouring of support for a remake of Dino Crisis for a while. If they invited RE fans though, I think it could be a new spin off. I'm hoping it's Revelations 3. I actually like Revelations 2 a lot.

I'm fine with them making changes and expanding upon the original but I hope they keep the basic story beats the same for the most part.

As for the unnnanounced game: as much as I want it to be a new Dino Crisis, it doesn't make sense to me to only invite RE ambassadors. I'm thinking it's either RE8 or an Outbreak remaster. Revelations 3 seems unlikely unless Capcom really has all these RE games in development at once.

IkariKH

B.S.A.A.
I'd love for it to be Outbreak, but I've been burned on hoping for Outbreak and not getting it so many times now that i've kinda given up a bit.

Just have to wait and see what it is.

Top Bottom