• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General New Bioweapon Spit Balling

Post your ideas about what kinds of new viruses, Plagas, or whatever you'd want to see in the future of the series.

One idea I've thought of is making a virus based off the phenomenon of thousands of years old bacteria that's been uncovered in the permafrost of Siberia. And maybe, based off that, make a new game set in the frozen wastes of Siberia.

Or even more creative, make a virus based off of the real life viruses that actually prey on other viruses and infect them (virophages). That could be really interesting when combined with the super, mutating viruses in the RE universe.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to see c-virus in rerev3 similar to how uroboros is used in rerev2. It should also be improved in that game with more new monsters.

Special type of Bioweapons similar to the Ajin - Demi Human (manga/anime). It could work like this: humans that bond at celullar level with a special virus are granted enhanced strength and regenerative powers, plus some way to summon a strange tall creature that is very fast and different from the Ajin creatures of the manga, the creatures of the game are visible to naked eye.

An old idea I had before Vendetta introduced the a-Virus was a t-Virus strain incorporating Plaga genes. At first, hosts are identical to Zombies. But over the course of of two hours the virus converts organs and other internal biomass into a deformed Plaga creature. This parasite is red like muscle tissue, and exposes itself as it continues to devour the host, wrapping itself around the body and even fusing to it. The host itself looks similiar to and behaves like a Crimson Head, except the entire jaw is replaced with Plaga mandables.

These creatures are controlled by a single Queen, and were developed in order to create controllable Zombies. Being half Plaga, they can be stunned by bright lights.

In this senario, failed test subjects which were created by injecting adult Plaga with T are also encountered. They grow too large to infest bodies, and so function similar to Webspinners.

A concept I've come up with for a future BOW is based off the concepts of Gaiden's main monster and the Mimicry Marcuses from 0. Since the concept of a shapeshifting BOW has some potential, but not to the OP extent Gaiden and 4D-Executer showed.

I'd call them the Skinwalkers. They're able to take on the appearance of another person in order to infiltrate and kill targets. They'd also be able to mimic the subjects voice as well. Mostly by killing and replacing them. But the main weakness is that they can only repeat what they've heard the target say, because they're not capable of making their own, like a parrot. Which results in stilted and repeated dialogue when the jig is up. Skinwalkers also can't get the mannerisms of a person right either, like the distinct facial changes or social cues, which sets off suspicion among those it's trying to fool. Or if it gets hurt somehow while in disguise its true blood color is revealed.

I imagine it sloughs off its "skin" when it changes back into its real form. When it's disguised its "skin" and "clothes" feel off if you were to touch it, since it's producing it from its biomass.

Once it's attacked it sheds its disguise and takes its true form. Vaguely human like, imagine the Raskapanje-whatevers from 6 mixed with the Licker concept art from 2 and 5. But standing upright most of the time. They do a fair amount of damage, but they're not the most sturdy of BOWs, with most of their power going into their disguise ability.

a27d24_f688a13e0bf6483fac7d0a723c37dd99~mv2.png

a27d24_ff8341e6cc874776acebe6b50fd3d143~mv2.png

a27d24_4863a36e18a14216b35c14755e296f86~mv2.png

A while ago I tried to think of how the Family could find a practical use for Enhanced C, and I thought of a solution similar to that used with dominate and Type 3 Plaga.

C-2 (tentative) is created by splicing elements of Enhanced C into regular C. The desired effect was to create a strain capable of bypassing Anti-C. It succeeded in this regard, but new symptoms developed that both enhanced and harmed C's effectiveness:

For one thing, infection is greatly improved. Not only can C-2 J'avo spread infection themselves, but the Family developed a gas capable of spreading this strain (which is red instead of blue. This gas creates C-2 J'avo, not Zombies).

C-2 J'avo are much more aggressive than regular J'avo, making them insane and feral. While C-2 works as a blind weapon, it's ability to create obedient soldiers is eliminated.

C-2 J'avo develop an intense twitch, making them shake unnervingly.

C-2 is still in the prototype phase, with researchers attempting to solve the issue of control. But an outbreak happens before that can be accomplished.

The Family also develop at least 3 new CMS based on C-2:

1. CMS using bat and wolf genes on a human host. Wolf head and hind legs, bat arms/wings, human torso. This creature goes through two stages of development. While young, they are hairless and move on all fours, but can use their wings to fly for several seconds at a time. When adult, they are covered in hair, stand on two legs, and can fly for longer periods.

2. CMS using lobster genes on a human. This creature can pull it's upper body upright to attack, and crawl on the ground to move quickly. It has many centipede-like legs, and two claws with very thin, very sharp blades resembling scissors. It's top body is covered in a shell made from human bone, and it's underside resembles red muscle tissue. It can only be harmed by hitting it's underside when it rears up to attack. It's "face" is soley comprised of a human mouth with no lips under the shell (think Xenomorph).

3. CMS wild mutation that uses plant qualities from t-Veronica. In the Chrysalid stage, the black shell is replaced with a moss-like substance. When prey approaches, the top half of the "chrysalid" splits open, with the body folding open like a flower. Inside the creature are hundreds of small teeth. It has a tongue that is as long as a licker's, but much more human-like, capable of grabbing the player and dragging them into it's mouth. It can move using the moss-covered legs, which tear at the sides to reveal exposed muscle.

I was thinking of calling it "Venus".

One other B.O.W. created by C-2 is a Tyrant-like creature. This thing has the vitality of Ustanak, in addition to pores on it's back capable of releasing C-2 gas (like the original concept for the RE1 Tyrant). It has a hose attached to it's arm with tubes running into it's own body, which spray Veronica fire blood like a flamethrower.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
A while ago I tried to think of how the Family could find a practical use for Enhanced C, and I thought of a solution similar to that used with dominate and Type 3 Plaga.

C-2 (tentative) is created by splicing elements of Enhanced C into regular C. The desired effect was to create a strain capable of bypassing Anti-C. It succeeded in this regard, but new symptoms developed that both enhanced and harmed C's effectiveness:

For one thing, infection is greatly improved. Not only can C-2 J'avo spread infection themselves, but the Family developed a gas capable of spreading this strain (which is red instead of blue. This gas creates C-2 J'avo, not Zombies).

C-2 J'avo are much more aggressive than regular J'avo, making them insane and feral. While C-2 works as a blind weapon, it's ability to create obedient soldiers is eliminated.

C-2 J'avo develop an intense twitch, making them shake unnervingly.

C-2 is still in the prototype phase, with researchers attempting to solve the issue of control. But an outbreak happens before that can be accomplished.

The Family also develop at least 3 new CMS based on C-2:

1. CMS using bat and wolf genes on a human host. Wolf head and hind legs, bat arms/wings, human torso. This creature goes through two stages of development. While young, they are hairless and move on all fours, but can use their wings to fly for several seconds at a time. When adult, they are covered in hair, stand on two legs, and can fly for longer periods.

2. CMS using lobster genes on a human. This creature can pull it's upper body upright to attack, and crawl on the ground to move quickly. It has many centipede-like legs, and two claws with very thin, very sharp blades resembling scissors. It's top body is covered in a shell made from human bone, and it's underside resembles red muscle tissue. It can only be harmed by hitting it's underside when it rears up to attack. It's "face" is soley comprised of a human mouth with no lips under the shell (think Xenomorph).

3. CMS wild mutation that uses plant qualities from t-Veronica. In the Chrysalid stage, the black shell is replaced with a moss-like substance. When prey approaches, the top half of the "chrysalid" splits open, with the body folding open like a flower. Inside the creature are hundreds of small teeth. It has a tongue that is as long as a licker's, but much more human-like, capable of grabbing the player and dragging them into it's mouth. It c
Interesting ideas. I would like to see them used in a future re entry. Rerev3 would be the best place to use it as a way to make the game connected to re6.

an move using the moss-covered legs, which tear at the sides to reveal exposed muscle.

I was thinking of calling it "Venus".

One other B.O.W. created by C-2 is a Tyrant-like creature. This thing has the vitality of Ustanak, in addition to pores on it's back capable of releasing C-2 gas (like the original concept for the RE1 Tyrant). It has a hose attached to it's arm with tubes running into it's own body, which spray Veronica fire blood like a flamethrower.

Interesting ideas. I would like to see them used in a future re entry. Rerev3 would be the best place to use it as a way to make the game connected to re6.

Doesn't the Family only have the common variety C-virus though? I'm pretty sure they stated in 6 that Carla only made three vials of Enhanced C, which all ended up used and had their hosts be killed/destroyed.

In recent games, the vast majority of mutants are human-based. I'd like to see the effects of the virus on new animals that have yet to be featured, like:
  • Bears
  • Crabs
  • Eels
  • Komodo Dragons
  • Squids/Octopi (Wall Blisters don't count)
  • Shrimp/Lobster
  • Sloths

Another idea: Zombies infected and controlled by the Mold. Call them Ghouls or some other alternate undead name.
In regards to appearance, they look like regular Zombies, except the sclera of the eyes is completely black, and patches of Mold are seen growing on the skin like rashes.
In regards to behavior, they are capable of spewing a black liquid at prey that temporarily imobilizes them. They are also more coordinated, as they are controlled by a Mold Subject (like Eveline).
Some Mold Zombies which have lost limbs can have their Mold develop replacements made entirely of the fungus, resulting in Zombies with Molded arms and claws.

Besides Mold Zombies, there can also be Mold-infected Lickers and Hunters, with the same fungal "rashes" and black eyes. Even a Mold Tyrant.
All B.O.W.s controlled by the Mold work together and cooperate, and fight alongside Molded.

An advanced T-abyss would be cool.

I really like the whole Sea creatures mutants with first Revelations and I would like to see it more explored.
I love t-Abyss, and it reappearing in some form would be stellar, especially since Rev1 hinted at it's return in the future.

There is so much more potential in the sea for creating the stuff of nightmares.

I always wanted to see the effects of the G-Virus on animal species. A pack of dogs infected with the G-Virus could offer some serious The Thing vibes in terms of mutations or maybe even on a Crocodile.

Also while not specifically a new BOW, I always wanted to see more crossovers with the plagas and t-virus. Damnation was onto something but I'd love to see something akin to the old scrapped version of RE5 with zombies and El gigantes coming after you together.

Fun fact: when RE6 had it's first trailer, the quick peek we got at Ogroman had me thinking we were seeing a t-virus infected El gigante. ?

Top Bottom