• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Name Things You Love About Resident Evil

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
" We're up against the people who really run this country... "

" ...in a very dangerous game and if you dont play your hand right... "

I love this quote of ada in re6.

Yeah. I think having a spooky and atmospheric feeling is better than the gun battles, that define the series today (although they're slowly getting back on track).

As a matter of opinion, I have underbed storage boxes that can hold probably over 30 games each. But I have games from the 90s up to 2004 in one box, and anything after 2005 kept out of that other box, because it just doesn't feel like it belongs side by side with the original wave of survival horror.

This is symbolic to me. Anything from 2005 onwards, with a few exceptions, is action horror oriented.

I think Capcom needs to bring back Ada. I know that RE6 was considered to be disappointing, but that game was set in 2012. Now in the franchise, we should be in 2022. So that all occurred 10 years ago. But unfortunately, Jill fans have it worse, because we're being denied her in sequels.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Leon shooting curtis' mutant form in his forehead while hanging from a railing as well as holding angela is so badass.

I like his quote a lot too:

" If you dont try to save one life, you'll never save any! "

Leon shooting curtis' mutant form in his forehead while hanging from a railing as well as holding angela is so badass.

I like his quote a lot too:

" If you dont try to save one life, you'll never save any! "
Then flashforward to Vendetta and he’s literally blowing up civilian cars in a highway lol.

I like the Hunters.

I think a lot of the well known creatures have just went whoosh out of the franchise. But if you played Revelations, then you'll know about the type that go kind of invisible. The toxic ones were great as well. They were called Sweepers. Then in the RE3 remake, they were their deadliest yet...

RE:3 Hunters are perhaps the most deadly in the franchise. They definitely got those right when they saw the originals, definitely the highlight to the game for me was the hospital. (Except for the siege part but oh well).

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont like the hunters in re3 2020 that much. I find them cheap and very annoying. I also dont like their design, they dont have red tumors on top of their heads like the ones in og game have.

My favourite hunters are the ones in rerev. They are pretty cool and fun to fight, especially farfarello which are pretty interesting due to them being able to become invisible.

Yama

Owner
RE:3 Hunters are perhaps the most deadly in the franchise. They definitely got those right when they saw the originals, definitely the highlight to the game for me was the hospital. (Except for the siege part but oh well).
I'd definitely agree, the expanded hospital was by far the best addition to the game. It didn't quite make up for the cut Clock Tower and to a lesser extent Raccoon Park, but it was welcomed and also one of my favorite areas in the game.

I hope we get some news about RE8 tomorrow. Chris is one of my favourite characters in the games, but I haven't been feeling him for the last several years with how they keep changing his actor, and downgrading his heroism.

I also hope that they will reveal DLC about the BSAA headquarters in Europe, but I also wouldn't mind seeing DLC for Ada, so they can make it closer to RE4 than ever.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I love the ampule / capsule shooter in outbreak games. Former is exclusive to decisions, decisions scenario and it can be loaded with daylight to use against thanatos. Outbreak file 2 improves this by making george start with the weapon right from the start as well as allowing it to be loaded with various types of pills. The most useful type is anti-virus pills which can damage monsters, one will usually instant kill a zombie. You need to manually aim otherwise you'll auto target your teammate. Playing as cindy and having george on your team is a good idea since you can start with 6 amount of anti-virus pills by fully combining all herbs and giving them to george so that he can make anti-viruses.

Re6 references this with carla's special gun which is loaded with a virus. She uses that to shoot marco after iluzija wipes out chris' team in china. She also has a needle grenade which explodes and releases multiple virus syringes that turn chris' team in edonia into monsters. I wished those weapons could be used in gameplay though, it would have been cool.

Edit: I forgot about that j'avo who also wields that weapon and shoots simmons with it before getting shot to death by his agents. That's very satisfying.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
In damnation, ı like the final moment between leon and buddy. Leon's speech is so well done imo. Followed by him saving buddy's life by shooting the plaga in his spine before he could have killed himself.

Damnation is my favourite cgi film. I enjoy the characters a lot and ı like the way plaga is utilized in it more than re4 and re5 tbh. The way ganados act feel more creepy than the monsters in re4 and re5 as well ı think.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I love carla's speech that he makes for simmons before he mutates. He also shares it on her aircraft carrier.

" Can you feel it spreading through your body yet? I'm just giving you exactly what you gave me, simmons. At 1st you'll be afraid, but dont worry. You're just becoming the monster you always were. You and everyone else on the planet. You and your family may have shaped the world into what it is today, but starting tomorrow... It's all going to change. "

She was surely right with her last sentence since she was one of the factors that caused the family to be exposed due to fos hacking com between simmons and his men.

And while haos was stopped, she still managed to cause chaos all over the world. I think she's the most dangerous antagonist in the series due to her chaos vision, especially when compared to umbrella researchers who were pretty much obsessed with evolution and nothing more.

Top Bottom