• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Name Things You Love About Resident Evil

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Wanted to create this after seeing one about hate being created.

In this thread; feel free to list things you love about resident evil. You can post any amount you want, there's no limit here.

I will give 10 examples. 5 by writing, 5 by videos.

In no order...

1. Leon and Ada's relationship.

2. Jake and Sherry's chemistry.

3. Voice acting of Alyson Court, Paul Haddad, Paul Mercier, Matthew Mercer, Sally Cahill, Courtenay Taylor, Catherine Disher, Patricia Ja Lee, Roger Craig Smith as well as the voice actors of RE6 that I didnt mention.

4. Krauser, he's one of the best parts of RE4. I liked that he came back in Darkside Chronicles with the same VA voicing him.

5. Helena and Piers, they were great partners for Leon and Chris.

As for video examples:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I want to say that ı like wesker in umbrella chronicles. Imo it has the best version of wesker due to the fact that he's the main character of that game since retellings are told by him.

The fight against ivans are one of the best parts of the game. Not to mention the tyrants wear sunglasses in style with cool colors just like wesker.

1. The cheesy tone
I will never get tired of "Jill sandwich" or "Your right hand comes off?" It gives a tone that is almost unique to Resident Evil.

2. Enemy designs and names
Disregarding 7 and 8, the enemies all feel unique and typically have fitting or ironic names. Naming the enemies in Revelations after demons or the like from the Divine Comedy, naming a giant snake Yawn, a creature that just will not die until he gets S.T.A.R.S., and a creature with a chainsaw made from its ribcage on its hand that contains its heart? Hell yeah.

3. Progression
Most of the games have different areas that you can differentiate from each other pretty well. As soon as you enter a new area, you know that its going to be a little bit harder and there will be new enemies. It gives a sense of progression obviously, but when you grt into an area you've never seen before you get a little spark of wonder and curiosity that you can never get back on a second play, but it still feels great.

4. Weapons
Grtting a new weapon in Resident Evil is like getting a present. You know you are going to have fun now that you are more equipped for certain enemies. Handgun running low? Use a shotgun to take out 2 to 3 in one hit. Boss wont go down? Magnum turns the tide.

1) The virology of the series.

2) Almost all the characters from the 1998 era.

3) The music and atmosphere is top notch.

4) They are fun to memorize and figure out paths on how to get past obstacles and monsters.

5) The iconic monsters that almost every game has, especially G-Birkin.

1. The horror. Something the pre-action ones did so well.

2. The story. Very compelling.

3. The characters. Some of the best in gaming. ;)

4. The longevity. That is to be respected. :)

5. The community. Some of the funniest in all of the Internet. No one really agrees on anything, which leads to hilarious battles online. :p

1. The horror. Something the pre-action ones did so well.

2. The story. Very compelling.

3. The characters. Some of the best in gaming. ;)

4. The longevity. That is to be respected. :)

5. The community. Some of the funniest in all of the Internet. No one really agrees on anything, which leads to hilarious battles online. :p
It’s like arguing apples to oranges I have found out. Back in 2009 I would get in heated arguments about RE5 and how it ruined the series. In a way it has come full circle for me with RE8 but if people enjoy the game I don’t want to take that away from them. RE is like a candy shop, there’s something here for everyone. Would I have preferred the series to have a more focused and tight story like RE0-CV? Absolutely, but that’s just my opinion and the series could be dead today if it kept that format.

I am going to sink with this ship even if RE9 has ghost aliens with Rose swinging from rooftops like Spider-Man. This is a video game series that needs to be entertaining and make Capcom money, they don’t owe us anything. RE may never be the same but at least it has survived past it’s brethren horror IP’s, so many didn’t make it past the PS2/Xbox era.

Yeah. I honestly don't bother arguing with people about the series anymore. We all have our personal stance on the franchise sometimes, but Capcom is just going to do what they want, so complaining about it won't make a difference.

Of course, it also comes down to new trends as well. Capcom has changed the series to be in line with relevancy. I still think they rip off things and I do think their ideas are questionable. But everybody these days is probably doing the same thing anyway.

It would be unfair to single out only Capcom. I do think once Outrage is announced, Capcom will be forgiven again...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I have read your article, it is very informative and helpful for me.I admire the valuable information you offer in your articles. Thanks for posting it.
Are you a bot or something? Why are posting vague things rather than posting about the topic at hand?

It's probably that Australian tosser, James Berich.

I get bothered by him a lot on other sites, and he also responds to his own crazy videos on YouTube, because nobody cares about him.

He was Nemesis556 on Capcom Central, and James on The Horror Is Alive. He is rather creepy, and I wouldn't be surprised if that's him.

1. The characters. They're some of the best and most iconic ever.

2. The evolving plot. It's very exciting to follow with the exception of RE7.

3. Gameplay. I love a good survival/shooter game and RE always provides thrills!

4. Extra game modes such as Mercenaries and Raid Mode

5. Throwbacks to previous games

6. RE6, it's forever my favorite

7. The Revelations titles. Very underrated masterpieces.

These are the main things I love, there's more of course but I'll end it here.

I love being pleasantly surprised by Capcom with new RE content, from time to time.

However, Monday's reveal could be for the new Street Fighter game instead. There's a lot of us who wanted it to be an announcement for the DLC for RE8.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

In umbrella chronicles' beginnings scenario, the theme that plays is a remix of experiment room track from re2.

Top Bottom