Name five things you currently hate about Resident Evil...

Remakes!

Very cash grabby, truth be told, and also annoying because of the lack of care to make them like the originals, and missing creatures and areas that "cameo" in the distance, that you NEVER get to visit. Also, the mood is a bit meh, meh, meh, at times as well. If you treat them as general zombie games, then it's just like, whatever.

Re-used assets!

Lady Dimitrescu's castle is just the Baker estate, but tweaked to well, resemble a castle like environment. Same boring AI. Hen, surely to God you can jump over that table. It's really not that hard. Big claws and all, you could easily extend your reach. Mr. X is more like Mr. Never Flex. :D

RIP Chris!

Is he going senile or something? He adds that feeling of, "I'm only here so you can still call it RE" and he also acts way off nowadays. His redesign for 7 sucked monkey spunk, too.

People whining about Leon!

He is the backbone of RE overall, as much as Chris and Jill. Don't like him being in so much media that Capcom churns out!? STFU. K? Ta! ;)

1998 - I'll never forget it!

For the love of God. Capcom... STOP DOING THESE POINTLESS AND VASTLY PISH SPIN OFFS. Because 1998 ended in 1999. :(

P.S. F*ck my Android TV box, for messing up the text! :p

Tyrant

BSAA North America
- No more Fixed-Camera titles: I rather like the over-the-shoulder and first-person RE games. I just wish that there was main series games still being made in the fixed-camera style. As it is wholly original and made RE what it is. After REV3, do a new trilogy of Fixed-Camera titles!

- The inability to follow upon anything: Every main title brings a new loose thread into the fray only to be ignored in the next title by introducing another loose thread.

- Code: Veronica needs a Remake: I honestly cannot believe they are skipping over C:V for RE4, which IMO doesn't need a Remake at all. It is near perfect and still looks good on modern displays.

- Umbrella's End and Operation: Javier: I actually love these stories, I think they are super important to the overall story of the first four games up to RE4. It is a CRIME they are in crappy on-rails shooter versions of the OG games and on-rails shooters themselves.

- The movies: Not the actual canon Capcom CGI stuff. The bullshit Anderson films, and what looks to be trashy Netflix movie.

Last edited:
Alright so ı'll say that ı actually mention some of the things ı dislike about the franchise. I dont think ı'll limit it to 5 though. Now might be the best time to do this.

In terms of history

1. Mikami taking iwao's credit and causing the latter to leave the company.

2. Some of mikami's decisions within the company.

3. Remake having absolutely no writer hired for it and the game not improving from re1 enough due to being too faithful to the point the game's potential gets hurted. ( E. g. parallel scenarios )

4. Mikami being selected as re4's new director after the previous one left.

5. Noboru sugimura passing away.

6. Eiichiro sasaki being done a huge disservice by outbreak games being ignored with later entries.

7. Gamecube deal as well as lowercase font, especially for re4.

8. P30 plot point for jill in re5. Meanwhile barry and rebecca are completely ignored during story.

9. Re5 carelessly borrowing from re3,5 to the point the story script feeling lazy in some aspects.

10. Patricia ja lee not voicing jill after re5, it's a big problem for rerev btw.

11. Re6 bullying meme.

12. Re6 hate bandwagon.

13. The statements for re6 like:

a. It's a good game but not good re game.

b. It's so bad it's good.

c. You can enjoy it but it sucks.

d. You can only enjoy it in specific way.

e. You can only enjoy 1 or 2 campaigns while disliking others.

f. It's not re and you're not a fan if you like or enjoy it and say it's good.

14. Fans not being passionate about their love re6 despite capcom having fantastical sale expectations and the game not reaching the sale targets in time back in the day due to hostility from fans which happened by them behaving the way they did for the sake of it.

15. Capcom not being able to add even more canon story content to re6 due to childish backlash.

16. The devs being forced to kill piers due to jill not being in the game, the reason for this is jill getting captured and staying as wesker's slave for 3 years so it's pretty much re5's devs fault for the death of piers. ( If jill and even merah were in the game, then it's possible piers might have survived. )

17. Capcom wasting some of the planned content for re6 in rerev2.

18. Rerev2's story script, it's very butchered in localization.

19. Alyson court not voicing claire after reorc, especially in rerev2. Claire should have been in re6 so that she would be voiced by alyson court.

20. Alex wesker.

21. Shotaro suga passing away.

22. Capcom doing a disservice to eiichiro sasaki again after re6.

In terms of general

1. " True " re game statement and some entries not being considered " resident evil " even though they all are and the actual name of the franchise is biohazard.

2. " True " re fan statement.

3. " Survival horror " not being described properly by many people during conversations. It's not the actual genre of resident evil, that's action-adventure.

4. Capcom not porting some games to modern platforms while making them more accessible. For example, ı would like to see darkside chronicles being ported on steam properly so that ı would be able to play it on pc legally instead of playing it illegally through emulator method.

5. Character rivalries between fans.

6. Re6 bullying meme and re6 hate bandwagon. ( Yes, ı will include this here too. )

This is it for now. Feel free to agree, disagree or simply add more things that ı've said if you want.

Having to adjust the camera while controlling your game character. I liked it when the camera would either be still or move with your actions (like RE4, 5).

Let's face it, I'm 39 and video games are just not as appealing to me anymore like it used to. I'd be happy if Resident Evil was movies from now on, especially the CGI ones.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
6. Re6 bullying meme and re6 hate bandwagon. ( Yes, ı will include this here too. )
I totally get that, I have a lot of dislike for hatred bandwagons in other fandoms. For me, RE6 is the worst RE by a long margin. But I still play it often enough, along with the rest, and do find immense enjoyment out of it. It did a lot right. I do wish it had more limited control scheme more similar to RE4/RE5 to make it feel more claustrophobic and less QTE and explosions though. Love both Chris and Leons Scenarios. Love seeing and playing as Sherry, The Mercenaries, and the homage to Nemmy with Ustanak. Great scenarios all around tbh.

I totally get that, I have a lot of dislike for hatred bandwagons in other fandoms. For me, RE6 is the worst RE by a long margin. But I still play it often enough, along with the rest, and do find immense enjoyment out of it. It did a lot right. I do wish it had more limited control scheme more similar to RE4/RE5 to make it feel more claustrophobic and less QTE and explosions though. Love both Chris and Leons Scenarios. Love seeing and playing as Sherry, The Mercenaries, and the homage to Nemmy with Ustanak. Great scenarios all around tbh.
Glad you enjoyed the game. It's my favourite re game personally. I would rather not think about what is worst re too much but during my last marathon, the one ı enjoyed least is remake due to feeling too tedious thanks to some design choices. I'm more of a fan of re2 and re6's style.

Top Bottom