• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Other Mercenaries 3d

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Did anyone play this game? This is the only re game that ı didnt play. I've literally played the garbage umbrella corps but not this unfortunately.

But anyways what's everyone thoughts about it?

I think it looks cool; reminds me of re5's mercenaries a lot though.

I think the feature ı like most is claire. She's pretty cool in this game and her melee attacks are badass.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
If claire comes back in a future re game; ı would like capcom to take inspiration from mercenaries 3d when it comes to her melee moves; they look pretty cool. I think it would have been fitting in timeline since she survived enough incidents already.

It's a nice game but Leon and Ada should have been added to the chars roster. I think Capcom should consider doing a mercs game for the Nintendo Switch now, but more refined and with more chars.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It's a nice game but Leon and Ada should have been added to the chars roster. I think Capcom should consider doing a mercs game for the Nintendo Switch now, but more refined and with more chars.
I agree but why only for switch? It should be available for other platforms as well if capcom decides to release something like this. This is one thing ı dislike about this game and due to this; ı couldnt play it.

I would like to see something like this in the future.

I agree but why only for switch? It should be available for other platforms as well if capcom decides to release something like this. This is one thing ı dislike about this game and due to this; ı couldnt play it.

I would like to see something like this in the future.

Sure, they could do a multi-plataform release... It's just that a casual RE that has zero plot, and conveniently made for quick playing sessions would very much fit perfectly for on the go gaming style of Nintendo Switch, so I guess they should make another Mercenaries game but not with Uber powered PS5 and Scarlett power in mind, something like the new RE engine might be running too sluggish on Switch, so porting a new Mercenaries game developed with RE engine to Switch is not a good idea, but Switch is the ideal candidate for a new Mercenaries in my opinion, so if they ever get to do a sequel they should optimize it so it runs slick as greased butter on a Nintendo Switch

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Sure, they could do a multi-plataform release... It's just that a casual RE that has zero plot, and conveniently made for quick playing sessions would very much fit perfectly for on the go gaming style of Nintendo Switch, so I guess they should make another Mercenaries game but not with Uber powered PS5 and Scarlett power in mind, something like the new RE engine might be running too sluggish on Switch, so porting a new Mercenaries game developed with RE engine to Switch is not a good idea, but Switch is the ideal candidate for a new Mercenaries in my opinion, so if they ever get to do a sequel they should optimize it so it runs slick as greased butter on a Nintendo Switch
You have a point about quick playing sessions fitting perfectly on the go gaming style of switch but ı still prefer multiple platforms releases.

Making it exclusive to one platform would have hurt the game's sales and popularity just like what happened to remake and re0 for example since they were exclusive to gamecube for a long time until capcom ported those games to other platforms.

However with multiple platforms; ı think the game would be more popular.

Last edited:
Multi-plataform release certainly could generate more sales and nowadays most game engines are built with that in mind, so the costs get minimal so yeah, they can make more money this way, but a one-year exclusivity deal for a RE title is not a bad idea too, Capcom could cut a deal like this and get some millions while Nintendo could extend interest on Switch, since the console soon has to compete head to head with PS5 generation so it would be a win win situation there.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Forgot to say this but ı wished this game was released for other platforms just like how rerev did. That way ı could play this game since ı cant find a way to emulate it and ı'm not interested in buying a 3ds console.

I never bought it due to all the recycled content and the drastic reduction of enemies on screen so the 3DS could run it well but I always wanted to just for Claire since she was entirely new. I wish they did a new one on consoles with double the characters and maps, some being entirely new.

It's a good game.
Probably the RE game I played the most in last 10 years, because I could take it with me on business trip and play on planes.
Got all the badges except the ones require online play.
The only pity is Leon not in it.

Top Bottom