• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE8 MASSIVE RE VILLAGE LEAK - Enter at your own risk

I’m starting to feel more and more the series should have ended at RE5 if this is the best they can come up with. New ideas are FINE.. but they shouldn’t undermine established lore. We haven’t even explored the rest of the branches of the BSAA yet or the dozens of loose ends other games left behind. If the developers are bored with the franchise and want to make drastic changes, they should just make a new IP.

Imagine if Devil May Cry was the version of RE4 we got, it would of have been so far removed it would alienate the rest of the series. That is what RE8 is starting to feel like to me.

So we didn't get Resident Evil 4, which forever changed the face of the series and divided the community?
You missed my point, the game we almost got had magic, mythical demons running around and was a hack n slash. The RE4 we got was a necessary evil, it saved the franchise and the gameplay was revolutionary for its time to both RE and the gaming industry. This franchise would of been dead and buried without it.

For some reason, you missed the slow-paced horror version with Spencer's castle, the Progenitor virus, and a rival company.

The game we got was not a necessary evil. This was not a forced measure, and the series did not need to be saved. It was Mikami's personal initiative to change direction. He took this step consciously. And we got a great game, despite major changes in every aspect. However, it changed the series forever. Moreover, this game is one of the main reasons why the new part looks the way it does.
Well just have to agree to disagree on RE4. Honestly 3.5 looked like it was going to be even more alienated from the franchise with its hallucinations and teleporting hookman. Las Plagas was at least still cemented in reality and plausible even if it was OP. I still prefer it over anything Uroboros or Progenitor.

RE8 won’t hold a candle to RE4.

Heavy knight armor controlled by parasites is much more realistic than hallucination? Give me a break.

It turns out that you prefer some unknown parasite to the Spencer family, the development of the storyline of a rival company and the virus that was the source of the threat of all the classic games in the series, but you are concerned that the developers do not bring anything "meaningful" to the mythology of the series? Do I understand you correctly?

Apparently, the game won't affect the industry as much as you described it, so you won't be able to justify any changes. Apparently, this is the reason why you liked Resident Evil 4, and not because you liked the game, despite the minimal connection to the established storylines.

What, Capcom, do you have a bio-organic weapon that looks like a folklore creature? Well, no. Resident Evil 4 can show ogres, because this is a "revolutionary" game.
RE4 is a revolutionary game whether you like it or not. Get over it. I don’t like the story as much as the classics but it tried something new. I’ll take an ogre over a giant fly or T-Rex. Also, the rival organization was touched on a little more in RE4 before its collapse and its activities through Wesker, so dissing anything pertaining to RE4 lore wise feels contradictory.

It’s ironic how you whine and complain about toxic fandom when you are the one berating and being a narcissist. Don’t come at me like I am an enemy or this discussion is over.

Last edited:
Yep. These spoilers are giving me a lot of RE4 (and Alice from the movies) vibes. Is that good!? LOL. ?
Maybe Rose will be Alice 2.0 and she will fight Natalex on the moon in Resident Evil 9: Phoenix😆

I get this has been a hard year for everyone but I won’t be talked to that way. What did I even do besides stating RE4’s relevance to the franchise and the industry? Almost every single game is important to the overall lore (some more than others) and we are seeing how much RE8 has taken inspiration from it. It’s cool we may get more backstory to Umbrella and Spenser, maybe we’ll get another big revelation much like how they found Progenitor Flower in Africa. It’s sad I am more interested in the history of the areas in RE8 more than the actual Ethan story.🤷‍♂️

We are even getting a potential remake for RE4, which I am more excited to see what they do with the story and how Las Plagas contributed to the creation of one of the best monsters in the series, Nemesis. (If they even go through with that, who knows.) I just pray they won’t rush it like RE3.

Anyway, that’s all I have to really say until these games release. I’m not going to contribute to a flame war where all people do is attack others opinions. We need to be more respecting of each other for a healthier forum and fandom going forward.

You didn't do anything wrong. Whatever your opinion, I shouldn't have started arguing.

Although I'm having a tough time in my life, being emotionally unstable and confused is no excuse for how I express my emotions.

That's one of the reasons I want to leave. I thought I should write this before I left.
I hope you feel better and take care of yourself. Sometimes it’s good to take a step back and reflect on our lives and interests.

I am sure it will be a good game, but I hope we get to see what Ethan looks like. I am also not happy that this could be Chris Redfield's final mainline game, considering we still haven't seen Jill and the others in ages. If they do a ninth mainline game, with Rose Winters, I think they will make it first person again. I was seriously looking forward to this being the last one, so they could go back to third person. Basically, I think characters introduced in first person viewpoint games may not branch over to games outside of that perspective. 👀

Capcom has a funny way of handling things. Like, I also don't see Alex Wesker being in a numbered sequel, because she made her first appearance in a spin off, despite originally being mentioned in a file in RE5. 🤨

But whatever. Each new game they develop will probably make everything more convuluted anyway. 🙄

I am sure it will be a good game, but I hope we get to see what Ethan looks like. I am also not happy that this could be Chris Redfield's final mainline game, considering we still haven't seen Jill and the others in ages. If they do a ninth mainline game, with Rose Winters, I think they will make it first person again. I was seriously looking forward to this being the last one, so they could go back to third person. Basically, I think characters introduced in first person viewpoint games may not branch over to games outside of that perspective. 👀

Capcom has a funny way of handling things. Like, I also don't see Alex Wesker being in a numbered sequel, because she made her first appearance in a spin off, despite originally being mentioned in a file in RE5. 🤨

But whatever. Each new game they develop will probably make everything more convuluted anyway. 🙄

It’s hard to stay focused on a story that’s over 20 years old. Having a bland protagonist carrying the torch doesn’t help either. If the time skip ending is true then I think that will be one of the worst things ever. It’s as bad as Umbrella being thrown under the rug in the intro to RE4. It’s not earned and feels like Capcom’s writers want to run away from all the unresolved plotholes that have been left behind by other games/movies.

I was playing The Last of Us Part II over the past few days, trying hard to skip all the tedious flashbacks, except a few of the good ones, like when Ellie discovers that Joel was lying about other people supposedly being immune. But the whole time, I kept thinking about how it's a well made game, if not as frustrating as all hell. After all, I died a lot of times.

Now imagine if Capcom put that same sort of care into developing a 25 hour Resident Evil game. You know? Something spectacular, that doesn't feel half-baked and whatnot.

Yes. RE4 was like that in that generation, but I don't know what to think of that game, personally. It's like the John Cena of RE titles. But in all seriousness, Capcom lost their touch, and over the last few decades, they've just been kind of plodding the whole RE series along. And quite frankly, I wonder what they're gonna do when they cannot do any more remakes. Like, okay. Maybe they will actually remake the remake, and make it like the RE2 and 3 remakes. At that point, I know I would truly want to give up on RE as a whole. It's hardly making such sense any more anyway. But that? Capcom has kind of hinted at doing that before. But I reckon that would be the final nail in the coffin.

Seriously!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It looks like the page is deleted but everyone knows the leaks anyway.

The only thing ı liked was the dragon boss tbh. Other than that; just generic just like re7 which was also generic imo.

Still cant believe chris' retirement leak along with time skip. That will make characters old and they wouldnt be able to be featured in future re entries. ( Though jake, sherry and moira might still be used. )

God it sucks that these leaks were released so early; months before the game is set to come out. Now I'm dying to get my hands on it!

So it looks like the dragon lady is Mrs. (or Madam?) Dmitresk and that the robe/bird lady in the "Ethan dies" cutscene is Miranda, the main villain. Looks like she's also the old lady with the staff from the trailer. I'm assuming that they're trying to use Ethan's daughter for some sort of ritual or something. Even after channeling these spoilers, though, I'm still left wondering a whole bunch of things. Who is the Mia doppleganger who Chris shoots? Is it Miranda? What's keeping Ethan alive after getting his heart ripped out? Also, why is the serum from RE7 back in the game? Why does Eveline hint at him where to find it during the illusion scene? Is she helping him? What's with the GIANT heart in that cave-looking area? Is it Ethan's? So many questions! 🧐

I've read that the entire plot was also leaked online. Does anyone know where that can be found, if it's still out there? I really don't care if I spoil it all for myself. We already know like 40% of the story based on these leaks and I'd really like to piece them together.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Forget to say this but if they want to make chris retire; then ı think the game should have either claire or jill ( or even both ) in it. Otherwise it will be lame. ( Chris retiring just for the sake of taking care of a little girl. )

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont like how alex isnt even in the game. Why have her in resistance and not in re8?

I think it's gonna be lame just like re7 was.

Top Bottom