• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Manga Manga

I like Prelude to the Fall since it's the most relatable to the games and leads up to the events of End of Umbrella.
we get to see the black market Delta Hunters in it and Chris's custom Samurai Edge as well which is pretty cool stuff.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I like Prelude to the Fall since it's the most relatable to the games and leads up to the events of End of Umbrella.
we get to see the black market Delta Hunters in it and Chris's customer Samurai Edge as well which is pretty cool stuff.
What do you think about the other 2?

I think Prelude to the Fall is the best one. Unfortunately even Capcom forgot about it since it was never mentioned again.

My throughts on Marhawa Desire and Heavenly Island is that they are both awful. Marhawa being the least bad because it's nice to see more of Piers, but both of them have too much of an anime vibe, and they don't have what I would call an interesting story.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Marhawa, for the first time we saw an actual place filled with life slowly falling apart. We also got to see some behind the action interactions between the BSAA and even their bootcamp. The story itself was interesting and totally ties-in with a game in the series, something that even the CGI movies barely do. It was the most relevant story outside of videogame material to me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Marhawa, for the first time we saw an actual place filled with life slowly falling apart. We also got to see some behind the action interactions between the BSAA and even their bootcamp. The story itself was interesting and totally ties-in with a game in the series, something that even the CGI movies barely do. It was the most relevant story outside of videogame material to me.
Yeah, marhawa desire connects very well to re6. I like it as much as the game too. What do you think about the other 2 btw?

Marhawa has some interesting tidbits on the T-Virus vaccine.
It was cool seeing Chris and Piers combating giant freaking spiders in a mall too.

Indeed it would seem out of all the supplemental media the most relevant entertainments are Marhawa Desire and The Stage.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I like them as well, the 3 mangas are great but Marhawa is just more relevant.
Indeed Weskers Report, it was nice to see an event taking place in 2010 even if it was such a small one like the Web Spinners attack at Kobra Mart Shopping Mall. Outside of it we got nothing on 2010.

Heavenly Island is the best to me in terms of both structure, pacing, and characters. Marhawa dragged way too long until the action with zombies happened and it really suffered by putting the two characters (Chris & Piers) that people bought the book to see on the backburner away from the rest of the cast and plot until the very end of the story.

HI balanced their star characters and the original cast better and made them both interesting and a part of the story.

Prelude is ok. It's not the most amazing story that could be mangaized, but it does its job in leading into Umbrella's End. And I'll never say a Chris & Jill story is boring or terrible.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Marhawa is my favourite. I'm glad it's a re6 prequel and ı would say it overall has the best characters. I like how it ties into re6 well. Plus ı ship piers and merah. It also has better story than the other ones.

Heavenly island is also good but ı started to get more disappointed by it recently. It should had been a rerev games reunion. Really weird that parker appears but not jill. Plus raymond and jessica could have appeared too; rerev's cliffhanger.

Pttf is ok but too short. Wished it was longer. One thing that's weird to me is chris never brings up the events of this manga in re5 when talking to sheva ( Wesker is encountered in this. ) even though he mentions these events at the end of umbrella's end with " He's still out there. " line. The re5 files dont mention the events either. Odd. Since both umbrella chronicles and re5 are written by the same person.

Top Bottom