• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:4 "Luis in RE4 Remake is a test for RE5 Remake!"

I hope they don't remake RE5, to be honest. I didn't even see the need to remake 4. But it does look impressive, admittedly. So maybe I'll change my mind. However, skipping CV is silly because then they've remade every sequel with fixed camera angles except that one. The absolutely best one for the save room music and it's one of the more atmospheric entries.

Sure, they could remake it afterwards. That still doesn't explain the reason for ignoring it and rushing out 4 first.

But I think they just knew CV wouldn't bring in the dollars the same way RE4 would, being that CV is outdated and 4 is the game that basically made third person shooters become highly successful.

Sometimes, I get so polarised talking about RE4, as it's a great game for what it offers, but it's certainly not in the same league as the pre-2005 era.

I hope they don't remake RE5, to be honest. I didn't even see the need to remake 4. But it does look impressive, admittedly. So maybe I'll change my mind. However, skipping CV is silly because then they've remade every sequel with fixed camera angles except that one. The absolutely best one for the save room music and it's one of the more atmospheric entries.

Sure, they could remake it afterwards. That still doesn't explain the reason for ignoring it and rushing out 4 first.

But I think they just knew CV wouldn't bring in the dollars the same way RE4 would, being that CV is outdated and 4 is the game that basically made third person shooters become highly successful.

Sometimes, I get so polarised talking about RE4, as it's a great game for what it offers, but it's certainly not in the same league as the pre-2005 era.
RE4 getting the remake first because it was more critically and commercially acclaimed does make sense, but it could also be that Capcom may have a new direction for the mainline story, which I've mentioned in general before.

Code Veronica did and does deserve the remake treatment before 4 with our current knowledge. It's my favorite entry out of the OG pre-GameCube fixed-camera angles era. I love its music and atmosphere, too. I thought the story beats and characters would shine greater than they did in the original, easily taking out all of the unintentionally goofy stuff.

An improved Steve much like the improved Carlos we received...
Exploring Alfred's mental illness and his actions because of it...
HUNK and his training history...
Alexia being this superpowered being rivaling Wesker...
A more comprehensive history on the families of Umbrella...
An HD version of Chris that actually isn't stupid because he's not getting his allies killed...

We might realize that there were other reasons at play for this decision from Capcom from a narrative standpoint once we play RE4R.

If it was up to me, Code Veronica would've been made out to be the new RE4 and I would've called current RE4 remake, RE5. Then the RE6 to come after those titles would be a completely new game entirely, probably involving the final chapter with Wesker and his Umbrella.

Another great reason I wouldn't rule out a completely new (not remake) RE5 is because of the success of Dead Space remake and the developers of that game surveying fans if they want to see remakes of Dead Space 2 and 3.

Dead Space 3 is notoriously hated by most in that fandom, so to think that THOSE devs won't be reimagining a Dead Space 3 remake in completely new form is unlikely. The same can be done for 5 with Capcom, while still preserving the narrative consistency of their newer RE Engine titles. Maybe Code Veronica, somehow, would become the new 5 and start the great story schism from the previous titles post-4, like I've been hoping for. Village is far from a perfect narrative, but at least it wasn't the game to kill off the main series antagonists too soon. So nay to a 5 remake and its shit.

Even though I agree with you that RE4 doesn't land within the same spectrum of the games that came before it, I still view it as a near-masterpiece up there alongside with my personal favorite, RE1R. They're honestly the two titles in the series that I still think stand above the rest as far as entertainment goes. They're both incredible games in their own right, and I think RE4 does ITSELF well enough with some Resident Evil aspects, that I'm fine with it being a part of the lore and the overall series experience. It just needs to be more survival horror in design, which is what we might be getting!

Last edited:
Since my connection is so slow, the demo is taken ages to install. It was available after 11 PM for me to download, but the site went down for maintenance.

The showcase was good. Besides RE4 being showcased again, we also got a glance at Jill in the new CG movie. The funny thing is, Jill is still wearing her blooming same clothes. Why? :p

Since my connection is so slow, the demo is taken ages to install. It was available after 11 PM for me to download, but the site went down for maintenance.

The showcase was good. Besides RE4 being showcased again, we also got a glance at Jill in the new CG movie. The funny thing is, Jill is still wearing her blooming same clothes. Why? :p
"Why" is because these movies should never be taken seriously, just like most of the RE-related lore and media created after the original RE4. They're basically non-canon to me and go against Mikami's original vision, so I ignore them entirely. Couldn't even make it through all of Infinite Darkness, it was so bad.

Thank God for my head-canon and my mostly consistent approval of the aspects within RE Engine games, otherwise I wouldn't be here right now.

I think the demo is well worth it. Can't stop playing it. They did an incredible job.

Performance at 4K is a little iffy, though. Looking forward towards the Digital Foundry re-cap.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Dont you have anything better to do other than acting like a hypocritical re4 fanboy? Stupid genre elitist, go get some life you dumbass.

No, because RE5 is dogshit.
Then you should hate RE4 too, my guy. They play exactly the same. I have never noticed any real difference with how they play, besides the fact 5 introduced co-op in a mainline entry.

That's something else I don't understand. 😔

I think GaMeStuH had a point. Although I do like Dillon in the Details. But in general, a lot of people just like any game with Leon, while saying Chris is terrible. But Chris started the series. Not Leon. 🤜 🌋

Hence the Leon Kennedy Syndrome reference. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom