• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Resistance Leaked Project Resistance Images

Fantastic news, guys.

;)

I don't think this is a remake of Outbreak, but it could have a similar premise. Maybe Capcom has finally started listening to us, and saw the error of their ways with their trashy co-op games of the recent past.

I'm really glad this game has a big budget, although some screenshots can be misleading. The screenshots for The Ghost Survivors looked awesome and that, um... was not that good at all. It really wasn't the greatest DLC I've played. But anyway, I'll be relieved to see some gameplay soon. I'll judge it better then, but I do like what I've seen thus far, and I hope this is a move towards the future of co-op horror games. :)

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Fantastic news, guys.

;)

I don't think this is a remake of Outbreak, but it could have a similar premise. Maybe Capcom has finally started listening to us, and saw the error of their ways with their trashy co-op games of the recent past.

I'm really glad this game has a big budget, although some screenshots can be misleading. The screenshots for The Ghost Survivors looked awesome and that, um... was not that good at all. It really wasn't the greatest DLC I've played. But anyway, I'll be relieved to see some gameplay soon. I'll judge it better then, but I do like what I've seen thus far, and I hope this is a move towards the future of co-op horror games. :)
RE5 is one of the best co-op games of all time. Let's hope this is RE5 type of co-op and not some uninspiring crap like UCorps.

Yeah, I meant the spin offs. RE5 may not be the most terrifying of the RE canon, but it's a fun game to unleash your guns on everything! :D

Every now and then, I like to play "Desperate Escape" and disable the music.

Captain Redfield

The screenshots look cool and all but I still won't judge until we have some more info and see actual Gameplay footage. The only thing that might mess this up for me is it being an online only game more like L4D and less like Outbreak.
Hopefully they are clear enough at TGS.

Damn. It definitely looks more like an Outbreak game. Stoked :love:

Yeah. It is probably likely something like that. Hopefully it is canonical, with a story. If Capcom truly learns from these past mistakes of theirs, then I am all for supporting them for years to come. This year, I did pull a bit of a Chris and began to wonder if it was all worth fighting for. Ha-ha...

But... I would hate for this to end up being a forgettable game where you just shoot and loot the heck out of everything. I have really been put off by that type of stuff in some of the modern day RE games. Great atmosphere is highly important, as is a great plot. But never again do I want to see anything in the vein of garbage like ORC, and especially the turd that is UC. It can be hard to do that successfully in multiplayer games, as the emphasis on horror can often be radically reduced with too much gunfire coming into play. But here is hoping Capcom understands that, and takes it in their stride. Dead Space 3 really let people down because of the switch from atmospheric horror to hooking up with a buddy, and shooting everything that moves.

Like I said, I look forward to seeing some gameplay. It also doesn't have to be set in Raccoon City either. The United States is huge, after all.

So happy it's not another band of no face Umbrella soldiers and actual survivors in an outbreak. I'm hearing lots of rumors but from what I can gather, this is what I think the game is gonna be:

A 4v1 multplayer title that plays similar to RE2 Remake where a group of four survivors are dropped into locations from various RE games and have objectives they have to complete such as solving puzzles or traversing areas. Maps will be litered with items, enemies (zombies, lickers, molded, etc) while a fifth player stalks the four characters as a big B.O.W (think Tyrant, Birkin, Jack Baker, etc). Think more Left 4 Dead x RE and less Dead by Daylight.

While it may not be an Outbreak spirtual successor or sequel, I think if the actual game is anything like what I described above, I'll be playing this game to death with my group of friends.

Last edited:
It's set in Raccoon City 1999. I'm already in. Really want to explore more Raccoon City built with REngine!
Just 2 more wishes then I will be totally satisfied!
1. Can play Solo too
2. Have some classic character or even character from Outbreak as NPC

That shotgun and I are gonna be best buddies. I'm trusting no one! LOL. :)

Remember in the Outbreak games, not every NPC was helpful?

Maybe this game has functional co-op, but also a 'I'm going it alone' option too.

Captain Redfield

That shotgun and I are gonna be best buddies. I'm trusting no one! LOL. :)

Remember in the Outbreak games, not every NPC was helpful?

Maybe this game has functional co-op, but also a 'I'm going it alone' option too.

There are rumours about it being a 4v1 competitive multiplayer game. I'm telling, don't put your hopes too high people and getting ahead of yourselves by calling it the new Outbreak.
Let's wait for further info.

4v1 means someone gets to play as a B.O.W.. That could be awesome.

Right now, I don't really have an opinion on it; way too vague. I have to wait until Sep 9 to see if it's anything too interesting.

Top Bottom