• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General It’s time for Albert Wesker to return.

I make no secret of my admiration for the best villain in gaming, I love me some Wesker. When he returned in CV it made the franchise feel like it was building on an epic almost comic book like story with super villains that come back from the dead and heroes who are tied to them. I found this way more compelling than a faceless organization and the evil scientist of the week formula. A great heroes need great villains and Wesker fit that role perfectly.

I was big into the RE mythos for a long while. I was like some of you who researched every morsel of story from any medium. But after RE5 that kind of ended for me, RE5 felt like the culmination of the story that was building from RE1. The death of Wesker left a void that to me has not been filled. I remember many plot points of RE6 but I can’t tell you in detail who was doing what for whom. Revelations 2 brought in the loose end of the Wesker blood line and it was a great game but still felt like some off shoot. The CG movies have stories that mean nothing to me. I can’t seem to bother to care about where this story is going mainly cause we lost our main antagonist.

I say bring him back. “But he’s dead!” This is a series with monsters, clones and all sorts of insane shit, who cares how you bring him back just do it. This happens all the time in comics, people die, they return and the story continues. I would also bring him back with a vengeance, have him kill a major character, have him torture our heroes in new ways. The best villain stories push the heroes to the brink of breaking. So if they really want the RE mythology to keep on running with no end in sight bring back the legend, Chris needs someone to punch that’s his equal.

I devised a theory that would make heads spin... Remember how RE 5 wesker's ship crashed and he cranked open those uroboros missiles/canisters to finally mutate and start the final battle of the game? the high temperature could be a problem but i think somebody could have retrieved traces of uroboros and Wesker dna from one of the canisters...
Others might disagree and say both the ship and dna traces of Wesker (like his coat) got lost in a big chasm or were burned to crisp. Even then, there is another big thing that most likely contains blood from Wesker and for all intents and purposes is not located in the lava ... during the battle at the hangar (the battle where you fight Wesker in the dark) its the vaccine needle that can be clearly seen while blood spurts from his torso and Wesker throws this bloodstained needle in the ground, and after that Wesker go to the ship , while Chris/Sheva run to get inside the ship too...

and the pg67 a/w shot that overdosed/poisoned him, should ironically become his best shot at Resurrection.
The hangar must have been cleaned after the Kijuju incident by Terra Save or any Organization, but nothing can confirm the final destination of Wesker's dna sample contained in that needle.

Assuming Enhanced C-virus is stronger than Jake Muller if they find a way to bring back Wesker Uroboros version with the enhanced C-virus... Carla became Ada Wong with C-virus, but anyone could be used as a test subject to become Wesker: Chris Redfield, Jake Muller, Hunk... Or they could try and experiment molded baby with Wesker dna and use a woman to deliver the baby, like Jill, or Ada.

Last edited:

Yama

Owner
I personally think Alex Wesker could have filled that void and was wasted in a side title like Rev 2, I’d much rather have seen her as a main character in RE6 or beyond. The point she was just another one shot as well (something this series does far too much) was a huge disappointment.

The point she was just another one shot as well (something this series does far too much) was a huge disappointment.
Indeed.
So much wasted potential there with what could’ve been our great next villain.
We did get some exposition with her in Heavenly Island but yeah, absolutely agree with this.

I was also very disappointed with the way they handled Alex, this series needs a new main stay villain (either in the form of Wesker returning or someone in the same vein). Something tells me Wesker is indeed coming though. As much as I detest the game, if Umbrella Corps is indeed canon, it seemed to be hinting that Wesker was still alive and running things from behind the scenes once again. Hopefully RE8 will have the return of Wesker.

No, just no, not anymore. I love Wesker as everyone else here, but his time is up. What Capcom needs to do tho, is to introduce new overarching villain. Right now I hope Blue Umbrella will serve that role, with someone from its management hopefully takes the prime spot line.

I´m sure a good number of RE fans might reject this idea of Wesker returning, though in my view there are plenty of ways to use Wesker (maybe not the exact same Albert Wesker since did die) as a means to tell a great story.

Suppose in the world of RE a new technology becomes available that opens portals to the past and just like in Avengers Endgame a portal to any place or moment can be opened...

Now this technology is first used by darkside of Natalia, her "Alex" side to bring to RE main timeline an ancient evil, the ancient Ndipaiya King with powers just like Uroboros. Somehow the King and Dark Natalia become allies, she becomes his new Queen, so now we have 2 frigging super-villains that are so powerful the heroes have no chance against them.

And then the US government was keeping his own experimental tech of this same portal technology. And they try to use it to save the world from Dark Natalia.
They send Jake Muller to persuade an Albert Wesker from alternate reality to come with him, to fight the Ndipaiya King... but this Albert Wesker had not devised his Uroboros plan yet, actually he hasn´t even killed the STARS yet... so he has zero powers, no progenitor virus.
And no one is allowed to tell him how the "other" Wesker became a ruthless villain bent on reshaping the World... Jake just says that from where he came his father died in july of 1998 but they need his expertise to stop a new bioweapon.

Why has the Government resorted to this? Well they have no other options since both Leon and Chris won´t be there to pursue the villains.

Chris is put under heavy surveillance and indicted for giving Barry the tip to locate Dark Natalia, and Barry tried to fix the situation but he ended up being imprisoned by Dark Natalia and she used Barry to locate Moira, which was now working in the labs where the portal technology was first developed, so that´s why she was able to open the portals to begin with.
Leon is also not to be found since he is in an investigation to find Mary and the Los Illuminados Remnants during this time, maybe in hopes of also finding Ada once again.

But i forgot to add that the US government portal tech is a little unstable and while Albert Wesker successfully cross the portal, Jake doesn´t.... And though the scientists try to bring Jake back, they fail to open the portal again - later in a sidemission DLC they send Sherry to find Jake and bring him back.
And now with Chris and Leon being decomissioned and left in the dark, Albert Wesker calls for a STARS members he had just briefly encountered is his old timeline while in Raccoon City... a woman named Jill Valentine...
and she can´t tell Chris nor anyone about it, but will she be able to work with this man that looks so much like the same Wesker that put her into so much trouble and pain? Will Albert Wesker once again find a way to learn the truth about his death? Dark Natalia has Alex memories and eventuallly will cross paths with her "brother" once again - Even though Albert still has no clue he is part of the "Wesker Children" and that he has a "sister"?

I kind of disregarded Wesker being the guy from Umbrella Corps with this theory though... But really the Umbrella Corp mastermind could be anyone at this point just impersonating Albert Wesker.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
I'm with Dark_Chris, there's no need to bring Wesker back.
In my opinion doing something like that would make the series lose its concept of death. Yes, these viral agents can achieve a lot of goals but there's no magic or time travelling in the series... There's only so much you can do for a man that was decapitated by missiles, body destroyed in the subsequent explosion and most of the tissue consumed by lava.

Wesker does not need to return, but that doesn't mean he can't be used as a plot device for some future company or individual, for RE 8 or 9 maybe a hint that some failed attempt of resuming Wesker Children project down the line will result in casualties, or even deal with a bioweapon that can mess with people head so should Jill or Chris face such creatures their minds are manipulated as to feel trapped inside a nightmare scenario and they believe Wesker is back, etc.. I guess that wouldn't necessarily be damaging and if done with the right tone would certainly be a good addition to the story.

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
I'm with Dark_Chris, there's no need to bring Wesker back.
In my opinion doing something like that would make the series lose its concept of death. Yes, these viral agents can achieve a lot of goals but there's no magic or time travelling in the series... There's only so much you can do for a man that was decapitated by missiles, body destroyed in the subsequent explosion and most of the tissue consumed by lava.
Not to mention that his revival would lessen the impact within the series... But yeah, RE isn't about paranormal activities or magic.

Not to mention that his revival would lessen the impact within the series... But yeah, RE isn't about paranormal activities or magic.
a rebuttal to your statement with a quote from Arthur C. Clarke's Third Law: Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic. The scientific themes will remain as core to RE, but you got to understand its all "sci-fi" at the end of the day. So as i explained earlier there are lots of ways for Capcom to work with old concepts like Umbrella and Wesker and they are in fact considering the idea based on how 7 still makes a point to bring back relevance to remnants of the old Umbrella as Blue Umbrella and Wesker influence like the special pistol and HCF tying into Eveline's creation.

I literally just referenced this thread. The series is in dire need of a meaningful villain at this point, if somehow it was Wesker I'd accept it, but even if not just some kind of mainstay.

Well, Hollywood always makes it that if somebody bad dies, they get their evil ass replaced by their son, niece, or whatever, for the next cash-grabbing sequel that gets churned out at some stage. That's getting kind of pitiful with movies, but nothing will ever replicate the man himself.

:censored:

In fact, Wesker was the glue that kept the old games together. Even if the games were becoming kind of shitty with their co-op and shooting tone, Wesker returning to cause trouble always got me suckered in anyhow. You genuinely liked having him as the top villain. But after they killed him off, I was like meh. The story just sucks now. None of the villains even matter at all, and him having a son named Jake was just so that Sherry Birkin could have a sidekick with a similar background in one horrible, action oriented sequel. "Our daddy(s) made viruses" - and nearly destroyed mankind with it.

Um... okay! LOL. Capcom will likely never bring back Billy, Sheva, Jake, or Carlos. And it kind of gets you wondering if they should bother now. :oops:

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
Dear God, no. I apologize to all the Wesker fans of which I consider myself one. But the character has run his course, and came back to life once before. The point of submerging him in lava and introducing two rockets into his temple was to close one chapter of this saga and breathe new life into the franchise going forward. They still haven't fully retired the Wesker name which is why we have a Wesker Jr, Wesker sibling and Wesker weapon. But there will come a time when he should be remembered fondly as one of the great antagonists of the series and not merely a fan favorite tool to pull out when something seems broken or crumbling.

If anything (and I say this from a storytelling perspective with love for the series and characters) Capcom should start considering the retirement (or death) of more characters, including main protagonists from the first three games. This is a survival horror series and you start to lose sight of the survival and horror elements if everything turns out hunky dory for our lead characters.

Wesker returning would assure complete fanatic glorification. But you know? I don't really see Capcom pulling an Ellen Ripley like stunt here. But then again, who knows?

Who's the villain in that God awful Umbrella Corps pish meant to be? Is that him, or his clone or something?

Top Bottom