• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Inventory

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
For me;

Re4 > Rerev2 > Recv > Re6 > Re2 = Re3 > Remake > Re1 > Re7 > Re5 = Re2 2019 > Re0 > Rerev

The only inventory system ı dont like is rerev's.

It's a more survival horror oriented game than 4 / 5 / 6 and yet there's barely any management other than lame ammo bags and weapon limiting.

Even re5 and re6 have more inventory management than rerev's.

Plus no herb combining or 1st aid sprays; ı dont like rerev's healing system either.

The design looks so boring too.

This might be unpopular but ı like re6's inventory system.

I'm aware there's barely management in the game but this feels more like a good thing rather than a bad thing since the game is extremely action oriented and focuses most on action / combat compared to every other previous mainline entry so unlike rerev's case; re6 being very streamlined in this aspect helps.

The special huds for characters and being able to modify it in options menu is also nice.

Weapons also have their own slot and grenades / 1st aid spray can be equipped in a separate way.

I also like the ability to carry all weapons all the time though weapon shortcuts / being able to remove some weapons from inventory would help.

Thankfully rerev2 improves in this aspect from re5 / rerev / re6.

Re4's attache case system is definitely the best, it's classic even though the inventory system is streamlined compared to pre-re4 mainline entries' inventory systems.

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I have my own reasons about not being a big fan of re0, re5, re7 and re2 2019's inventory systems.

For re0; it's due to hookshot. Despite being a key item; it takes 2 spaces at inventory and it's required multiple times. I dont mind the removal of item boxes, ı found this a nice change of pace but hookshot gets on my nerves.

For re5; it's the quick reload trick. I dont think it belongs to action horror entries. I mean it makes reload upgrades pointless ( Other than unlocking infinite ammo. ) since you're allowed to combine ammo with the weapon from inventory. Not to mention; the game seems to be designed more around online rather than single player and this includes inventory system. And the design looks boring compared to re4's and re6's inventory systems. You also cant combine a g+g mix with another green herb for some reason. I'll give it more benefit though; you can exchange items with partner while in re6; this is only allowed in split screen. ( Meanwhile; this is completely impossible in rerev though partners gave you items at specific points which is rare. )

Re7 is a mixed bag. I like how ethan's watch is shown when you go to inventory and the inventory looks nice, more so than re2 2019's lame looking inventory system. But it still looks boring compared to most of the pre-re4 mainline entries' inventory systems as well as re4 and re6's inventory systems. Though there's no red ( and blue herbs since this game feels like a classic re game in structure and pre-re4 mainline entries have poisonous monsters along with blue herbs. ) herbs and instead there are bottles which arent that interesting. Plus ı dislike the steroids item; it's stupid, especially in not a hero episode.

As for re2 2019; it's very low on my list cause of how lame it looks; especially when compared to re2's inventory system. I've checked ruby of blue's video and the devs apparently planned a different inventory system for the game. It looks so much cooler than the one released in the game.

" Why was that canned? "

" I didnt like it. "

But some of the fans did.

Regardless; ı enjoyed all of them with the exception of rerev's. That game's inventory system is so, so lazy.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Man; ı wished they brought back re6's hud customization system in a future entry.

Like the way you can make it stay in either one side or completely remove it for a challenging experience is pretty nice.

Depending on where the hud is; ( Right or left ) the inventory also changes a bit.

Personally ı modified it so that it constantly stays on right.

Oh and shoutout to being able to change hands which is another nice feature.

Though the animations are simply mirrored unlike re5 where sheva has different reload animation from chris. ( Even though normal reloading feels pointless in the game due to quick reload trick. )

Like the way she reloads the s75 rifle looks nice.

You can also change between crosshair and laser and this feature only appeared in rerev2, after that it didnt get followed up upon.

Crosshair feels useful for long range battles ( If there isnt any sniper at inventory or if it's out of ammo. ) while laser feels useful for short range battles.

I mostly stick to laser though ı sometimes change to crosshair; during these times, there arent any monsters around.

I played the game on pc so ı wished there was a shortcut that allowed changing between crosshair and laser on the fly similar to skill set changing on the fly with f1-8 keys.

I don't know them all, but I liked Director's Cut first. I hated the inventory screen in Outbreak because you're only able to use 4 spaces (unless you're playing as Yoko).

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I don't know them all, but I liked Director's Cut first. I hated the inventory screen in Outbreak because you're only able to use 4 spaces (unless you're playing as Yoko).
I agree that the outbreak games' inventory systems can be pain sometimes. Though this thread is about mainline entries and not spinoffs.

Top Bottom