• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General I'm Going For My Old NES, SNES, Genesis, Wii Games Back

About a year and a half ago, I had an estate sale to sell off my deceased father's stuff, and most of my stuff that my mom didn't think would fit into my current coach house studio where I moved to (above the garage behind her main house). Some of the stuff that had to be sold at the estate sale was my old NES, SNES, Genesis games; although I was able to sneak in my old consoles (even though they haven't worked in many years). To raise money for my PS3 at the time, I sold my Wii and games, but I'm going for those back as well.

So when I get my next disability check, later this week and I pay off my bills, I'm going on eBay for my old games that I want back, along with a HyperKin RetroN system that supports the NES, SNES and Genesis games in HDMI.

The following games are the ones I'm after:
NES:
Ninja Turtles 1989
Ninja Turtles II The Arcade Game
Ninja Turtles III The Manhattan Project
Mega Man III
Legend Of Zelda (Gold)
Legend Of Link (Gold)
Little Nemo The Dream Master
Super Mario Bros W/ Duck Hunt
Super Mario 2
Super Mario 3
Dragon Warrior
Ultima Exodus

SNES:
Ninja Turtles IV Turtles In Time
Pit Fighter
The Legend Of the Mystical Ninja
Mortal Kombat I
Mortal Kombat II
Donkey Kong Country
Donkey Kong Country 2
Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Sega Genesis:
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic & Knuckles
Ninja Turtles And The Hyperstone Heist
Tom and Jerry Frantic Antics
Monopoly

Wii:
Resident Evil 0 - I didn't have before for the Wii
Resident Evil Remake - I didn't have for the Wii
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - I didn't have for the Wii
Resident Evil The Umbrella Chronicles
Resident Evil The Darkside Chronicles
Wii Sports
Tomb Raider Anniversary
Tomb Raider Underworld
Mortal Kombat Armageddon
Call Of Duty Modern Warfare Reflex (Maybe, because I have the PS4 HD Version)
Other Call Of Duty games for the Wii I didn't have before

Some games I had before I won't be going after are and for the reasons:
Ghostbusters (NES) - too short and I was never good at it. I never made it past Zuul
Mickey Mousecapade (NES) - The game should of stayed in the past
Sonic 3D Blast (Genesis) - the intense movement made my stomach sick
ECCO The Tides Of Time (Genesis) - The movement made my stomach want to throw up
Super Mario All Stars (SNES) - I think this updated NES Mario games should of stayed with NES

Thanks, but I'm not going to get them all at once, because that would stress my charge account and my SSI disability deposits. Plus I have other things to pay for.

Well, 6 games have come in and they all played well. Some of my current games, I haven't played in years, kicked my ass but good. Last night, I played the first Mortal Kombat for the SNES and as Johnny Cage, I almost made it to Goro, but I failed and gave up so I can play another game. I then played Street Fighter II World Warriors edition (I ordered Super Street Fighter II, but got the wrong version) and as E. Honda, I won the game and got first. Pit-Fighter sucked when I played it, because the game only gives you one life and whatever life you drain, it stays with you for the whole game. I couldn't even get to the second match without getting KO'ed.

Lastly, I played Genesis Monopoly and even though I lost, I had fun mocking the CPU character whenever it landed on my houses and sent to jail.

It feels good being a gamer of the past again. Next month, I'll be getting the remaining NES, and Genesis, SNES games I didn't yet this month. Then the following month, all my Wii games plus a new system with a HD converter cord.

Yesterday, my Nintendo Wii came in, along with a few game both related and not related to the Wii. Since it's been many years since I last played a Wii system, I almost forgot to do the sync function on the system and remote. I tried Wii Sports first so I can create a Mii character to play as. I tried out bowling and got a 167 game (if only I was that good in the real thing).

Then I put in Umbrella Chronicles, and again, since it's been like 12+ years since I last played it, I forgot how to, even with the annoying on-screen instructions on the first Train Derailment level. That game kicked my ass, but good! It took me 3 or 4 tries just to complete the first scenario. Yes, I know; I'm a bit rusty. So to spice up the gameplay, I downloaded game saves that gives me unlimited ammo on all guns and transferred it to the Wii. Now with the Magnum fully upgraded, we're cookin' with gas as I'm going to be having fun with this game.

I didn't realize just how hard and aggravating it is to set up Wii game saves from PC - SD Card - Wii is. I didn't know you have to start a small series of folders: private-wii-title-[code name folder]-data.bin on the file. I found out via YouTube how to format the files. Also didn't know you have to start the game on the Wii to make the saves able to be copied from the SD card to the system. This kind of sucks because there's a handful of Wii games I still need and will get next month with my next SSI deposit. Such games are: Darkside Chronicles; Donkey Kong Country Returns; Tomb Raider Underworld; and Mortal Kombat Armageddon.

The other games I got that are not Wii related are: Donkey Kong Country (SNES); Bad Dudes VS Dragon Ninja (NES); Dragon Warrior (NES); Little Nemo: The Dream Master (NES); Tomb Raider Anniversary.

Top Bottom