• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE6 Happy Birthday RE6!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Was browsing through some re6 videos' comment sections and saw these replies which are captain redfield / bioevil's.

They are very old but they still aged well; couldnt agree more with them:

" RE moved on, the B.O.W's are there since RE1 and now they are a global threath, the storyline makes all the sense and its getting better and better, stop living in the past and quit being a hardcore survival horror fanboy. RE is much more than that, but the problem is.... YES, the survival horror fanboys! :) "

" Great rant.. when i saw the amount of dislikes i thought "I bet this guy said some good and valid points about the game and these hardcore horror fanboys are pissed off.." Man, this is a fact, survival horror fanboys are the dumbest thing in the universe.. "

" COD clone? LOOOOOOOOL you haters never come up with good reasons xD thats funny. "

" Yes they did, stop acting like a survival horror fanboy, "ohh this is not horror this sucks, i enjoyed horror better! :(" please, don't.. The storyline evolved way too much, its not a creepy mansion with robotic controls anymore, its global bioterrorism, at least understand the logic of the storyline before posting nonsense comments. "

" Couldn't agree more. Resident Evil fans are a bunch of nostalgia idiots, glad i'm not stuck in the past and believe me... RE2 marked my childhood but there's no need to dismiss all RE games that come out. Capcom should add a mini-game like mercenaries called "Shoot the haters" I would have a blast playing it ahah "

" "I hate this game, you should hate it too or fuck you!" that's how you sound. "

When the game first came out, I really liked it. I remember, even on various Russian gaming sites, I defended it from people who called it garbage because of the lack of "the essence of Resident Evil" and the roots of horror. But after the release of Resident Evil 7, which became a very personal game and a very personal experience for me, I saw a barrage of toxic criticism from fans of Resident Evil 6, so I held a grudge both against them and the game itself. If I had decided to voice my opinion about Resident Evil 6 on this forum a few years ago instead of now, I would have been the loudest person in the room. But since then, I've gotten over myself and learned to separate games from players, although sometimes I still manage to do it with difficulty. Now I can safely play the game and talk about things I like and don't like. However, if I had any love for this game, it was irrevocably lost due to my reflex interaction with the series community.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Thank you for sharing your opinion about the game, russident.

For me; the " opinion change " happened with re7.

If ı remember right; ı liked re7 a lot in the past.

At that time; ı was still new and ı was simply enjoying the games without any expectations.

However by replaying the re games multiple times as well as checking people's opinions related to the game; my enjoyment for the game started to decrease and ı started to grow disdain for re7.

The criticisms for re6 also caused that as well.

I've seen some toxic opinions against re7 but ı've seen more for re6 and that game seems to be the most despised one from the time ı've spent time on community.

And one thing ı dont like for re7 is, when the game gets praised; most of the time it's followed by bashing on re6.

As if re7 was made for the criticism of re6 which seems to be the case.

Re2 2019 also seems to be made for re6 criticisms and ı guess that explains why the scenarios in that game dont connect to each other, ada's theme dont come back, it has the most story connection issues with re6 than the others etc ı can go on.

I'm sorry to hear that the toxic opinions for re7 annoyed you but the toxic opinions for re6 annoyed me as well.

Though at the same time ı'm not surprised by this since the opinions about re6 / re7 are basically different sides of the same coin.

When one dislikes re6; chances are that person would like re7 since that game is made for the criticisms against re6.

Of course this isnt always the case.

I remember an herb sandwich and captain redfield saying this for both of those games and while ı agree; at the same time ı disagree cause while re6 is the most action oriented entry; re7 isnt the most horror oriented entry, re1 is.

I think pre-re4 mainline entries are more horror / survival horror oriented than re7.

So re1 and re6 are different sides of the same coin imo when it comes to being most horror / action oriented.

But anyways; with that being said, ı still think re7 is a good re game.

The only game in the series that's not a good re game is umbrella corps and that's cause it's not called resident evil.

I'm not a big fan of re1, rerev, re7, re2 2019, re3 2020, ( Never played this one and ı didnt like what ı saw. ) survivor spinoffs, gaiden and reorc but they dont suck and they have their moments.

Meanwhile umbrella corps is crap.

It could have been a spinoff based on re6's combat system instead of being uninspired.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont like how agent doesnt have his own campaign in the game instead of him being forced to ada's.

The complaints hurt the game's potential, thankfully not as much as re5's racism complaints.

This comment got me:

" Ghost aka Agent: Ma'am...I am a real person!

Ada: What was that?...probably nothing. "

I don't think I'm going to discover America here for anyone, but in Chris's storyline, I particularly like the way that Piers is a reminiscence of Chris himself as a young man. He is not only similar in appearance, but also has a similar character, including a habit of arguing with his superiors.

I understand that he was invented to replace Chris, but Piers himself and his death look like a storytelling tool. In a sense, he is more of a metaphorical character who came into the story to remind Chris of himself and bring him back to a former state that was lost. The steak moment especially highlights this change.

But even going back, Chris is still who he is: he's a junky who only knows how to fight. His struggle will never end, so this is a soldier who will never return home. No matter how hard he tries to be true to himself, he will either go mad one day or die. Unfortunately, I don't see a happy future for Chris.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Yeah; piers looks like remake / recv / chronicles chris and in re6; the devs considered killing chris ( The game even leads up to it. ) before scrapping the idea and killing piers instead. I got the idea that they would make jake kill chris ( The bullet even hits chris' cheek. ) or make chris infected with enhanced c while swapping the roles between him and piers. Personally ı would have preferred if neither of them died and chris retiring to pass the torch to piers since that's what he wanted.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I think this is a good way to play re6 in chronological order:

C2, J1, J2, A1, L1, L2, A2, L3, J3, C1, C3, J4, L4, A3, A4, C4, J5, C5, L5, A5.

Can you imagine that Resident Evil 6 was released eight years ago? So much has happened in this period of time that sometimes it seems to me that the announcement and release of this game happened in another life.

I remember that shortly before the game was announced, my mother, my younger brother and I were living quite poorly. Our family had problems with housing, money, and even alcohol. It was a very dark period in my life: I remember that I was a difficult teenager who was very bad at school, quarreled with teachers and skipped classes.

But no matter what happens to me, I've always had the Resident Evil series in my life. This is an important part of my life experience that I can't let go of. My vulnerable spot that inspired me as an artist and as a person. Although being a fan at that time was hard. Especially being a fan from a Russian province. Back then, the Internet was not very popular in our place, and many people still bought illegal copies in different stores. To somehow follow the news, I set up the Internet on my Nokia 6303 Classic and spent all the accumulated money on it to download images and videos in 320x240 resolution. That's how I found this teaser:

The fact that this teaser is fake, I found out much later, when I had the opportunity to check any information. But then I was very excited. I went to school and showed all my friends this teaser.

In addition to this teaser, I also had enough money to download this trailer:

I still love this trailer. If anyone asks me, this trailer is one of my favorites in the series.

But then there were some changes in my life. Once my situation at school and my conflict with my mother got out of control. She and my grandmother decided to send me to live with my father for "re-education". My father has a large and friendly family, and along with this, a normal financial situation. There was even a shared computer with Internet access in their house. It was still the same city and I went to the same school, but I needed time to get used to the situation. I started to get more involved in modern life by studying the Internet. So one day I just happened to see this trailer:

I went crazy when I saw it. Leon is back, Hunnigan is back, Chris is back, zombies, new "Raccoon City" and everything looks so big and exciting.

I could barely sleep that day. I wondered if Adam was Ashley's father. I thought about what the story would be in this game. I found and downloaded 2 GIFs: the first with Chris when he hides behind a barricade; the second with Leon when he slides. After that, I looked at these pictures at night and showed them to my friends. For some reason, I even once imagined how Leon could return to Spain so that I would visit familiar locations with these new mechanics. Moreover, I read somewhere that in the new game Leon can shoot both guns, which seemed very cool to me.

Further, my life and family situation only continued to improve, and Capcom did not cease to please me with trailers. For me, the second trailer was especially exciting, where Leon goes into battle with Chris to protect "Ada":

Here's another trailer that I really liked:

I never told anyone, but Resident Evil 6 was my very first game on Steam. I always knew I wanted to buy a licensed copy to keep the box on the shelf. For me, the release of the game was a special event, especially given the fact that I did not have a console, so I had to ignore all the videos on YouTube and wait for the release of the version for computers. I will never forget the day I went to the store and bought a game.

I would like to end my story with the game on such a good note, but this is not the case.

I think by studying the Internet, I discovered its worst sides as well. I started registering on websites and asking what other people thought about what I liked. This can hardly be called a desire to find an alternative point of view. I think I felt a certain connection with the game, so it was important for me to find people who would share these feelings with me. So when I saw a solid negative, I started arguing with everyone. Day after day. Day after day.

I noticed that this experience was highly reflexive. I understood that people don't like Resident Evil 6 because they prefer the classic games in the series. I'm also a big fan of these games, because they are very important to me, but in disputes I began to downplay their quality in order to protect Resident Evil 6. It wasn't my honest opinion, it wasn't fair. I was driven by emotions. But I couldn't find support and was left alone. At some point, I even started to believe that I was wrong. I thought I was trying to justify the game and couldn't accept that the series was dead. The announcement of The Evil Within and the positive reaction to it only made my thoughts worse.

The turning point for me was the announcement of Resident Evil 7. I was absolutely thrilled after the trailer. Since I grew up on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre and approved of modern survival horror games, I deeply appreciated the decision to recontextualize the first game in the series with a modern game design and fresh context for the series with new characters.

But the announcement was also met negatively. I was particularly surprised by Resident Evil 6 fans, whom I almost never met, but who now constantly wrote nasty things, compared Resident Evil 7 to Resident Evil 6 and behaved toxic. At first, I either argued with them or ignored them. But then I started unconsciously projecting my annoyance on Resident Evil 6. When Resident Evil 7 came out, I became a member of a fan community on a Russian social network. People there really liked Resident Evil 7, but they really disliked Resident Evil 4, Resident Evil 5, and Resident Evil 6. And I didn't even notice how I began to share their opinion in everything. I believed that these games were bad, disrespectful to the series, and each time I found a new reason to criticize them.

You may not even know how years of negative judgment can change a person's mind. I literally couldn't play Resident Evil 6. When I started playing the game, I was constantly visited by negative thoughts about how terrible this game is. Thoughts about how wrong people are when they say it's better than Resident Evil 7. I usually ended one chapter and turned the game off because I couldn't play it anymore. It was a terrible feeling.

But then there was a remake of Resident Evil 2, which I also liked, although the game was not so personal for me. But people from the community didn't share my opinion. The people I defended Resident Evil 7 with suddenly started insulting me just because I don't think it's a terrible remake and I don't think it strongly contradicts lore.

It was only then that I thought I was doing something wrong in my life. I wasn't being honest with myself. Instead of enjoying something and ignoring these assholes, I became confused with my own emotions. Sometimes I think I'm still a stupid kid.

Happy birthday, Resident Evil 6.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Rasklapanje is one of my favourite bows. The death scenes for them are pretty brutal. Plus you can play as them in agent hunt.

Some agent hunt footage for them.

It's sad how Capcom has quietly moved on from this game's story. Sure, the game was a critical flop, but it was still an important part of the franchise. I'd rather have that though than the nonsense Ethan and first person related plot. At least RE6 kind of felt like RE2 when you played as Leon. The rest of it was like Gears of War, I guess. Although it still kind of felt like it was RE just the same. :)

Resident Evil 6 marked my losing interest in modern games, because of the gameplay and controls. In my opinion, Resident Evil 5 was the last good game for me based on the other games I've seen. I tried Revelations, Resident Evil 7 and Resident Evil 2 Remake and I just don't agree with the gameplay. I don't mind watching the gameplay, and I prefer it that way now, but I'm no fan of the controls. Although I have to be careful with modern games, because I get motion sickness from all the game's movement.

If Resident Evil would be movies or CGI movies from now on, I wouldn't mind it at all.

Well, I personally think Revelations 2 is a very good game. It actually had zombie like enemies that could run in a funny way and it was quite atmospheric in general. Some parts of it reminded me of Code: Veronica. Many rooms had traps and torture devices, and Claire and Barry make references to Steve Burnside and Jill Valentine. Natalia's parents were also mentioned as having been killed in the city that is featured in the first Revelations. However, the game is a huge (and I mean HUGE) clone of Naughty Dog's brainchild, The Last of Us.

In my opinion, the gameplay was also better than RE6 too, because of that fact. You could combine stuff to make explosives or smoke bombs, and the idea to see through walls, toss bricks, and have a father figure and a young girl with a special ability was massively copied from you know what. They also kind of ripped off the winter section too, and some enemies like the Vulcanblubber were clearly inspired by the Bloaters. At least in my opinion. I'm also suspicious that Barry will die soon, and Capcom will say, "Barry's story was done!" in the same way that Neil Druckmann disposed of Joel Miller. :(

OK. That doesn't technically excuse Capcom of ripping off other games, although Revelations 2 is a great and somewhat underrated game. RE6 is probably a Gears of War clone. 7: Biohazard copied P.T. a lot and various famous horror movies. Village actually seems like a game they are doing, pretty much just so they can use the same assets at a later date for their crappy RE4 remake. I say "crappy" because nobody actually expects M-Two to strike gold, considering the RE3 remake was trash. Besides, remaking RE4 is just so pointless. :p

While Village looks like a very good horror game, I must say that it hardly looks overly awesome to me. I'm sure it will be cool and all, but it still doesn't look like a Resident Evil game from yesteryear. And I mean like 20 years ago yesteryear.

Chris is probably just being featured in the trailers so fans start talking. You know? Nobody online really gives a flying frog's butt about Ethan Winters. That's why they use the main man himself to hype up the game, but he will likely be in the game briefly, unless they add in DLC. It's the same with all of these films where they start rumours about a major character returning for to gain sales. Like the girl in Child's Play 2 who showed up in the credits for Curse of Chucky. Really just some fan service cameo that means nothing, for the hell of it. Capcom is more or less just doing the same thing as a tactic to get folk to purchase the game.

Nobody online really gives a flying frog's butt about Ethan Winters.

Actually, that's not true. Many people like Ethan and are attached to him, including developers. Personally, I'm interested in seeing how this character can be developed.

By the way, Resident Evil Village will be shown very soon (in about 2-3 hours):

They showed the old trailer again. -_-

Last edited:
The loud minority were so blinded by hate that they listened to any kind of "bad news" about the game, even if it was fake news.

The most popular fake news about RE6 was that Capcom wanted RE6 to attract Call Of Duty fans.
Which totally never happened.
In the real article, Stuart Turner (falsely named "Dave Turner" by all these mirror articles) was actually talking about Operation Racoon City.
The source article has absolutely no mention of RE6 anywhere.

During the time RE6 was released, there was this news about Capcom "only having $152 million left in the bank".
Also another fable that never happened.
"$152 million" was Capcom's annual net cash but a news columnist who didn't know better misinterpreted it as "money left in bank".
Fake news but it was something haters used to fuel their RE6 hate, claiming RE6 caused Capcom's "financial crisis".

And then there's that news about how RE7 is developed by "a team of only 120 staff members".
RE6 haters were quick to latch on to this and claimed that Capcom is "learning their lesson from RE6 and scaling down development".
It went on until I pointed out to the morons that RE7's staff roll was just as long as RE6's and RE7 has slightly more outsourcing than RE6.

Hate makes people blind and you can't take people's word for it.
You have to dig into the internet and find the actual source and the truth.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
The loud minority were so blinded by hate that they listened to any kind of "bad news" about the game, even if it was fake news.

The most popular fake news about RE6 was that Capcom wanted RE6 to attract Call Of Duty fans.
Which totally never happened.
In the real article, Stuart Turner (falsely named "Dave Turner" by all these mirror articles) was actually talking about Operation Racoon City.
The source article has absolutely no mention of RE6 anywhere.

During the time RE6 was released, there was this news about Capcom "only having $152 million left in the bank".
Also another fable that never happened.
"$152 million" was Capcom's annual net cash but a news columnist who didn't know better misinterpreted it as "money left in bank".
Fake news but it was something haters used to fuel their RE6 hate, claiming RE6 caused Capcom's "financial crisis".

And then there's that news about how RE7 is developed by "a team of only 120 staff members".
RE6 haters were quick to latch on to this and claimed that Capcom is "learning their lesson from RE6 and scaling down development".
It went on until I pointed out to the morons that RE7's staff roll was just as long as RE6's and RE7 has slightly more outsourcing than RE6.

Hate makes people blind and you can't take people's word for it.
You have to dig into the internet and find the actual source and the truth.
I've also seen some re6 haters stating that the game's sales are a failure but according to capcom; the game is a success.

"From a business perspective, Resident Evil 6 was a success,"

Top Bottom