• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE5 Happy Birthday RE5!

ChrisRedfield_08

Chris and Jill #1 in RE
RE5 is also my absolutely favorite game. Played it several times.

I like how the game took all the stories and tied them into that game. Not to mention that it's still one of the most visually stunning game with graphics that hold up. :)

All in all a great game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I wouldn’t exactly call it underrated since it’s still the best selling title in the franchise. I respect it for pushing the story forward and adding many tidbits of information to the origin of Progenitor.
I think it is cause it's the 2nd most controversial / divisive main title ( Re6 is the most controversial / divisive one and that game is even more underrated to me. ) and it seems to be considered one of the worst due to its focus on action. Re6 also gets the same criticisms except it gets even more when compared to re5.

At least that's what ı understood after spending time on other resident evil related forums.

Glad both of those games got appreciated more over the years though.

One of my favorite in the franchise, and truly underrated.

I think it has one of the best stories in the series, it ties RE1, 3, CV, 0 and Umbrella Chronicles together, with the best portrayal Chris had in the series. It also has an amazing soundtrack and the game still looks good to this day.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
So this is 1st time ı'm saying this but ı never actually beat jill's canon dlcs on veteran and professional difficulties.

Idk how those experiences are in those difficulty modes. I dont like how the weapon stats are fixed in those dlcs either. I wished buying / upgrading stuff was possible just like separate ways and re6's multiple campaigns.

I beat the main story on all difficulties and ı gotta say; the pro is seriously punishing.

Ugh; one hit and you basically " die " . Re4 and re6's hardest difficulties feel more balanced than re5's which feels unnecessarily unforgiving in some areas. Vests dont work that much either; you would still enter dying status with one attack in pro difficulty. I think with all vests; it's possible to " survive " an arrow attack from a town majini's crossbow though.

Qtes are very punishing too; they are randomized and by pressing the wrong button, you basically doom yourself with very high damage.

I played 4 / 5 / 6 with keyboard and mouse and the button prompts in re5 feel more weirder than re4's and re6's.

Despite re6 having unnecessary amount of those things; they feel more comfortable to perform and feel modified for easier success. Especially when compared to re5.

Ndesu boss battle and jill boss battle when wesker leaves come into my mind when it comes to re5's pro qtes.

I think ı beat pro in re5 with infinite ammo for highly powered up weapons. I also remember receiving some help online.

Partner aı is very slow in that difficulty mode.

But anyways; ı want to ask a question.

What are your thoughts on re5's jill dlcs' harder difficulties? How are those experiences in those difficulty modes?

So this is 1st time ı'm saying this but ı never actually beat jill's canon dlcs on veteran and professional difficulties.

Idk how those experiences are in those difficulty modes. I dont like how the weapon stats are fixed in those dlcs either. I wished buying / upgrading stuff was possible just like separate ways and re6's multiple campaigns.

I beat the main story on all difficulties and ı gotta say; the pro is seriously punishing.

Ugh; one hit and you basically " die " . Re4 and re6's hardest difficulties feel more balanced than re5's which feels unnecessarily unforgiving in some areas. Vests dont work that much either; you would still enter dying status with one attack in pro difficulty. I think with all vests; it's possible to " survive " an arrow attack from a town majini's crossbow though.

Qtes are very punishing too; they are randomized and by pressing the wrong button, you basically doom yourself with very high damage.

I played 4 / 5 / 6 with keyboard and mouse and the button prompts in re5 feel more weirder than re4's and re6's.

Despite re6 having unnecessary amount of those things; they feel more comfortable to perform and feel modified for easier success. Especially when compared to re5.

Ndesu boss battle and jill boss battle when wesker leaves come into my mind when it comes to re5's pro qtes.

I think ı beat pro in re5 with infinite ammo for highly powered up weapons. I also remember receiving some help online.

Partner aı is very slow in that difficulty mode.

But anyways; ı want to ask a question.

What are your thoughts on re5's jill dlcs' harder difficulties? How are those experiences in those difficulty modes?

Lost in Nightmares gets really intense since the blob executioners move much faster and appear more frequently. The final part before the Wesker fight in the maze takes more strategy and communication with your partner. I’ve never done the higher difficulties with AI.

Desperate Escape on Professional is the hardest thing to do in the game. There’s so much being thrown at you, it’s honestly on par with RE6’s most actiony parts if not more insane. The last part waiting for Doug to arrive has more boss enemies and the assault rifle enemies can down you in a couple bullets. It’s hell but quite fun.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Lost in Nightmares gets really intense since the blob executioners move much faster and appear more frequently. The final part before the Wesker fight in the maze takes more strategy and communication with your partner. I’ve never done the higher difficulties with AI.

Desperate Escape on Professional is the hardest thing to do in the game. There’s so much being thrown at you, it’s honestly on par with RE6’s most actiony parts if not more insane. The last part waiting for Doug to arrive has more boss enemies and the assault rifle enemies can down you in a couple bullets. It’s hell but quite fun.
I see. Another thing is the map dont show blobs' locations on pro.

Also ı wouldnt be surprised if pro spawns more agitator majinis ( Which drop high score points. ) in desperate escape.

Oh and those modes have randomization ( Reference to re3; meanwhile re3 2020 doesnt have that. ) and ı think the higher difficulties are affected more by that.

RE5 is NOT scary, but it's a great game to unleash your inner Rambo. Sometimes if I get bored, I play Desperate Escape because it's a mode that you can breeze through. Plus, I like that Mike 2.0 shows up to help Josh and Jill. His name is Doug, but he's basically a similar side character who thinks he can hide behind his firepower, which proves to be a foolish mistake. ?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
How would you rank handguns in re5 from best to worst?

For me;

M92f > Sig p226 > M93r > Barry's samurai edge > Wesker's samurai edge > Px4 > H&k p8

Last edited:
Top Bottom