• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games GhostWire: Tokyo

This is some sad news for fans of the games made by Tango Gameworks. Ikumi Nakamura, you will be dearly missed by us, the fans! :(

I accidentally posted the video by Michael Does Life, but you should check that out too, and laugh at how silly he is.

Last edited:
I don't even know what this game is about, with all the drip feeding we've had, but I don't get what Michael Does Life is saying either. Nobody has to start with RE (1) to be a "true fan" (or whatever he implies people are). He repeats that so much. You can just play RE4 first or any other sequel you want, then do the catching up. It isn't hard to do.

I'm now awfully worried about the future of The Evil Within series. Ikumi was the head designer, and she did a damn good job of bringing this series popularity. It's a sad, Konami kind of an ending, but hopefully the split was amicable, and there's not any underlying conflict going on behind the scenes. We never really know what is happening behind closed doors, and with fallen outs occurring.

It can bring a tear to a glass eye.

I don't even know what this game is about, with all the drip feeding we've had, but I don't get what Michael Does Life is saying either. Nobody has to start with RE (1) to be a "true fan" (or whatever he implies people are). He repeats that so much. You can just play RE4 first or any other sequel you want, then do the catching up. It isn't hard to do.

Does he really say that? Huh. I guess I'm not a true fan then. Could of sworn I was.

Such a silly argument to make. Even if he didn't really mean that, plenty of people say stuff like that.

Not really a good sign if she's leaving before the game has even been released. Wonder if Mikami is gonna have to take over the reigns as the creative director or if the game is going to enter limbo now.

Michael Does Life is obnoxious, I can't watch a single one of his videos. I first heard of him when YouTube recommended me one of his many "RE3 Remake leak videos" so I remember I watched it and it was 4 minutes of him repeating nonsense and essentially just being clickbait. Never again.

Yeah. I mean, people can play whatever they want. I don't always agree with the decisions Capcom makes, but even other companies like Tango Gameworks are bound to have bumpy periods in their lifetime. People are often way too demanding. YouTubers that promote nonsense though should be ignored. I don't know how they can proclaim to be a video game critic through posting misleading mumbo jumbo. I'm gonna have a lot to say though if Capcom messes up again. Not many fans will want to stick by them if they keep doing what they did previously.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
Mikami is finished.
His glory days are over.
What is the reasoning for this comment? Not upset, but just understanding the idea behind it.

There's rumor's floating around for Nakamura's departure, I haven't found any official confirmation from Ikumi Nakamura herself or Tango Gameworks. Hopefully, there will be official confirmation on the state of Ghostwire: Tokyo.

The Evil Within 2's announcement soon followed with the game's official release so I am curious how far into development the game was. Last time I heard about a director leaving the game before release was Silent Hill Downpour and Halo 4. Games that certainly had their criticisms but some would argue to be a far cry from a complete disaster (as far as the game itself is concerned).

Shinji is a top dog of the Resident Evil franchise. I wish he had stayed with Capcom. But he has been doing an amazing job with Tango Gameworks, and has yet to disappoint me.

@Smiley he just hasn’t produced anything great since REmake 2 imo.
Evil Within script was very shoddy and even it’s best parts were echoes from the past (RE) days.
Mimics of things that were done better years prior.
I actually really enjoyed Evil Within 2 more despite its low sales but he didn’t even direct that one - although he did have some heavy involvement in the early stages (according to Dev interviews).
Honestly Ghostwire just looks so bland and boring to me man.

Yeah. I do think a lot of stuff in games gets repeated, and I cannot say much about GhostWire: Tokyo. I did say that Revelations 2 massively ripped off The Last of Us. I also don't think modern day remakes are catered to "old school fans" as much as Capcom claims. It's also not a good idea to dwell on the past games versus the new ones, as that's not how gaming works today.

Smiley

The Artist Formerly Known As Mr. $miley
@Smiley he just hasn’t produced anything great since REmake 2 imo.
Evil Within script was very shoddy and even it’s best parts were echoes from the past (RE) days.
Mimics of things that were done better years prior.
I actually really enjoyed Evil Within 2 more despite its low sales but he didn’t even direct that one - although he did have some heavy involvement in the early stages (according to Dev interviews).
Honestly Ghostwire just looks so bland and boring to me man.
Mikami produced REmake 2? News to me. ;)

I liked Evil Within. Felt like a combination of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. It's the end result on if Chris Nolan turned Inception into a horror film.

There wasn't much known about Ghostwire Tokyo outside the trailer and a very impressionable director that's now gone.

Could this be Mikami's return to the director's chair?

Mikami produced REmake 2? News to me. ;)

I liked Evil Within. Felt like a combination of Resident Evil and Silent Hill. It's the end result on if Chris Nolan turned Inception into a horror film.

I mean the thought that your own consciousness stuck inside a machine even without your physical body or your consciousness ceases to exist entirely is pretty disturbing and unconformable to me.

There is also Potential Psychopaths serial killers who have superpowers and then you have creatures like Anima who always existed on stem world and heavy hints there is a sinister side to a machine that even Ruvik or Mobius are not even aware off.

Not a good sign that Nakamura left yeah. If anything, I'd predict the game is probably going through development hell at the moment. We probably won't see it for a while.

Top Bottom