• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Future Remakes

Not happy about RE4 if it's true. Code Veronica definitely needed a remake more by far. Also M-Two being assigned to do it over division 1? That's a mistake. RE3 was a much shorter game than RE4 and they still butchered it and cut out a bunch of content. I expect even more stuff to be cut out of a remake of 4. ?

Hell yeah.

I agree with everybody's views on this so far. Capcom are just doing this for a quick buck. :rolleyes:

It really is sad. This series was way better on the PlayStation and GameCube, and that's somewhat sad, considering that hardware is so retro by 2020. But at least those games had been made with a passion. Over the years, it has just been plodding along with bad spin offs and sequels, that have unfortunately been too action heavy, and not all that creepy. Even games like The Evil Within do a better job at capturing that old survival horror feel. And it's funny how even games like Days Gone and The Last of Us, and all that, are heavily ignored. They may not be that scary either, but they have a lot of character behind them, and some pretty well done cinematic moments.

According to same sources of this 4 Remake, Shinji Mikami gave his blessing and can be sort of an advisor to the project. This can be really good after all and since those games are reinventions this new remake can serve as way to tie Wesker or The Third Organization to Blue Umbrella and actually make 7 and 8 more connected to the previous story (and perhaps give more credits to the Wesker Impersonator theories from Umbrella Corps).
Also i would not rule out Code Veronica Remake coming sometime later, maybe late 2025 or early 2026 more or less in the middle of PS5 generation, as a way to comemorate the 30 years of the resident evil franchise.
Think about it, if the old fans are pissed about RE 2 and 3, maybe after a masterful RE 4 Remake with Mikami they´ll more prone to a classic game Remake, like Code Veronica, so yeah it´s odd but maybe that´s their strategy, make lots of revenue and success with 4 Remake while also make good ties with newer games like 7 and 8, then they are good to go for a Code Veronica reimagining.

For anybody asking about a Dino Crisis remake...

If Capcom cannot even code crows and spiders for their precious RE Engine, how are they gonna design dinosaurs in this decade? :ROFLMAO:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Ok so ı know that ı said ı dont care about " remakes " at this point ( Wont buy any of those games, not to mention ı'm starting to dislike re2 remake more and more these days. ) but remaking re4 BEFORE remaking recv ( A game that has one of the best stories in the series; especially when compared to re4's barebones story. ) sounds VERY stupid.

Like how are they gonna remake re4? If they would make it a survival horror game; then it would be a complete butchery of re4 and it wouldnt be a remake at all. Mainly cause re4 is an action horror game that focuses on action more than horror ( Sure re5 and re6 are more action oriented and less horror oriented than re4 but re4 still focuses on action more than horror. ) and it's a completely different experience from pre-re4 main re games that focuses on horror more than action. I thought the main reason why capcom remade re2 and re3 are mainly cause they are survival horror experiences ( People complained about re5 and re6 being very action oriented so capcom made re7 " return to the roots " ( Dumb statement if you ask me. ) and remade re2 / re3 while those 2 games got re7'd in many ways. ) and ı kinda was expecting them to remake recv since it's a survival horror entry like the pre-re4 main re games. But no; they are remaking the games just for quick buck and re5 / re6 are gonna get re7'd too. Another thing; how's re4's story gonna end up like? Re3 remake cut the epilogues from re3; re4 followed leon's epilogue in re3 and he became an us government agent while working for usstratcom. If we took re2 remake's story and ending into account; then this means he's gonna be an fbi agent now? Like how's the story gonna happen exactly?

( Not gonna talk about re5 right now; ı want to talk about re6 instead. )

About re6; this is where ı'm gonna immediately jump in cause ı love the game ( Unlike everyone else. ) and ı've been thinking about re6 remake now that re4 remake is confirmed. Like how are they gonna remake re6? Re3 remake cut the epilogues from re3; ( Benford and simmons were in there. ) this means they are going to throw leon's and sherry's character developments in the game into trash? Benford and simmons getting cut from the game? Re2 remake doesnt connect to re6 either; how can it connect to re6 when the game's scenarios cant even connect to each other unlike in re2 and re6? Not to mention leon doesnt even encounter sherry until the end. ( Unlike re2's leon b scenario and memories of a lost city where leon encounters sherry very early in rpd. One of the re6 files talks about this where it's been stated that leon considered committing suicide in raccoon mainly cause he thought claire and sherry needed him. In re2 and memories of a lost city; this makes sense while in re2 remake it doesnt. ) How's the game gonna connect to recv ( Where t-veronica is introduced and used in c-virus' development. ) and darkside chronicles if recv isnt considered to be remade? Are they gonna create an entirely different game that isnt accurate to the source material one bit? Wouldnt be surprised if they did that and ı think people would be happy by this, no need to mention the reason after all. The game is 2nd best seller in the franchise after re5 and it sold more than re4, re4's sales still cant beat re6's sales despite being available in more platforms than re6. Not to mention they ported the game to other platforms while improving the game and making it easier for other people. So these might be the reasons why they might remake ( and butcher the game more than any previous remakes. ) the game after re5 got remade.

The more ı think about this; the more ı got annoyed with capcom's direction for the series starting with re7, the issues ı have with re2 remake and re3 remake were available in re7 and ı think they are gonna be available in future remakes as well.

That wouldn't be so bad, I suppose, had they actually kept the canonical side of things intact in these newer games, instead of butchering their biggest cash cow, one year at a time. For example, not to use the name of a popular YouTube channel here, but...where's Barry? :giggle:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
If capcom's gonna remake re6; then ı think they are gonna cut the campaign connecting aspect of the game just like they did in re2 remake. That's one of the big reasons why from the action horror trilogy; it's my favourite one just like how re2 is my favourite one from pre-re4 main re games.

I'm starting to wonder if me entering the franchise in 2013 was a luck, curse or both...

I wouldn't mind these latest remakes if they were just like the 2002 Resident Evil 1 remake; same graphics and gameplay. But no, we get Resident Evil 7 gameplay instead.

Well, to be fair, your name on Biohaze is "ResidentEvil7". :D

Original RE4: WHAT ARE YA SELLING? WHAT ARE YA BUYING? AH; I'LL BUY IT AT A HIGH PRICE!

Remake RE4: Sorry, friend. You do not have enough money to complete this transaction. Find yourself some jewels to sell to me!

:poop:

Gee! I wonder if the merchant will even make the cut, knowing how lazy Capcom is these days with omitting everything, and all. :unsure:

Ok so ı know that ı said ı dont care about " remakes " at this point ( Wont buy any of those games, not to mention ı'm starting to dislike re2 remake more and more these days. ) but remaking re4 BEFORE remaking recv ( A game that has one of the best stories in the series; especially when compared to re4's barebones story. ) sounds VERY stupid.

Like how are they gonna remake re4? If they would make it a survival horror game; then it would be a complete butchery of re4 and it wouldnt be a remake at all. Mainly cause re4 is an action horror game that focuses on action more than horror ( Sure re5 and re6 are more action oriented and less horror oriented than re4 but re4 still focuses on action more than horror. ) and it's a completely different experience from pre-re4 main re games that focuses on horror more than action. I thought the main reason why capcom remade re2 and re3 are mainly cause they are survival horror experiences ( People complained about re5 and re6 being very action oriented so capcom made re7 " return to the roots " ( Dumb statement if you ask me. ) and remade re2 / re3 while those 2 games got re7'd in many ways. ) and ı kinda was expecting them to remake recv since it's a survival horror entry like the pre-re4 main re games. But no; they are remaking the games just for quick buck and re5 / re6 are gonna get re7'd too. Another thing; how's re4's story gonna end up like? Re3 remake cut the epilogues from re3; re4 followed leon's epilogue in re3 and he became an us government agent while working for usstratcom. If we took re2 remake's story and ending into account; then this means he's gonna be an fbi agent now? Like how's the story gonna happen exactly?

( Not gonna talk about re5 right now; ı want to talk about re6 instead. )

About re6; this is where ı'm gonna immediately jump in cause ı love the game ( Unlike everyone else. ) and ı've been thinking about re6 remake now that re4 remake is confirmed. Like how are they gonna remake re6? Re3 remake cut the epilogues from re3; ( Benford and simmons were in there. ) this means they are going to throw leon's and sherry's character developments in the game into trash? Benford and simmons getting cut from the game? Re2 remake doesnt connect to re6 either; how can it connect to re6 when the game's scenarios cant even connect to each other unlike in re2 and re6? Not to mention leon doesnt even encounter sherry until the end. ( Unlike re2's leon b scenario and memories of a lost city where leon encounters sherry very early in rpd. One of the re6 files talks about this where it's been stated that leon considered committing suicide in raccoon mainly cause he thought claire and sherry needed him. In re2 and memories of a lost city; this makes sense while in re2 remake it doesnt. ) How's the game gonna connect to recv ( Where t-veronica is introduced and used in c-virus' development. ) and darkside chronicles if recv isnt considered to be remade? Are they gonna create an entirely different game that isnt accurate to the source material one bit? Wouldnt be surprised if they did that and ı think people would be happy by this, no need to mention the reason after all. The game is 2nd best seller in the franchise after re5 and it sold more than re4, re4's sales still cant beat re6's sales despite being available in more platforms than re6. Not to mention they ported the game to other platforms while improving the game and making it easier for other people. So these might be the reasons why they might remake ( and butcher the game more than any previous remakes. ) the game after re5 got remade.

The more ı think about this; the more ı got annoyed with capcom's direction for the series starting with re7, the issues ı have with re2 remake and re3 remake were available in re7 and ı think they are gonna be available in future remakes as well.

If they remake RE6 over Code Veronica just cancel the series no one other than you
Likes that game it is the worst in the series and I mean worst than any other game.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
If they remake RE6 over Code Veronica just cancel the series no one other than you
Likes that game it is the worst in the series and I mean worst than any other game.
For me; re7 is the worst mainline entry, not re6.

Yeah, ı'm starting to consider " cancelling the series " . I dont like re7's direction anyways.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
You know ı've been thinking about this:

Re1 got released back in the day and it was in fixed camera angled style.

Re1 got a remake and it was in fixed camera angled style too.

Re1 got a retelling in umbrella chronicles and it was in 1st person style.

Re7 feels like a re1 reimagining and it was in 1st person style too.

Re2 got released back in the day and it was in fixed camera angled style.

Re2 got a retelling in darkside chronicles and it was in 1st person style.

Re2 got a reimagining and it was in ots style.

Re3 got released back in the day and it was in fixed camera angled style.

Re3 got a retelling in umbrella chronicles and it was in 1st person style.

Re3 got a reimagining and it was in ots style.

Recv got released back in the day and it was in fixed camera angled style.

Recv got a retelling in darkside chronicles and it was in 1st person style.

Rerev2 feels like a recv reimagining and it was in ots style.

Re4 got released back in the day and it was in ots style.

Revillage feels like a re4 reimagining and it was in 1st person style.

I guess when capcom recreates re4; they will make it fixed camera angle style? If they did that; it would be one hell of a shock. Or better yet allow all 3 camera options and design the game around that.

Now that ı think about it; ı'm surprised capcom didnt try to recreate re1 in ots style. The closest it got was re5 lin but it's a short episode. I wonder if capcom will make a re1 reimagining in 1st person camera style.

Top Bottom