• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Future Remakes

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Alright, I was able to ask Dusk Golem personally about CODE: Veronica just a few minutes ago.
He said the game is not in development right now a few weeks ago (which is true) but today I asked him if he was withholding something and if he knew that the game was being considered and he said it probably is but there's also stuff being considered that he has no idea about. He ended the topic by saying he won't talk much about anything else with RE3 being only 3 weeks away, he doesn't want to draw unnecessary attention now or something along those lines.
Prior to my question he even said that CODE: Veronica Remake might very well happen after the supposedly next 2 main entries (RE8 and some other game).
He also posted other stuff related to past releases, it was a long Tweet wall. Just check his Twitter to know more about it.

Despite no confirmation from the most reliable leaker I believe Dusk is still withholding info about it. Remember that two people that I know already reported CV being considered? I truly believe that's the case.
Development and launch will probably take a while. I seriously hope they remake the last classic game, fingers crossed we'll get set in stone infomation in the upcoming years since everything is very unclear at the moment.1131

Tyrant

BSAA North America
Well thanks for asking for us! It would be crazy for CV not to be at least considered. Still excited for RE8 and the mystery title. Want to get more answers about Chris and Blue Umbrella. REV3 would be a perfect title to do some "revelations" regarding those two topics.

Does Dusk Golem frequent Biohaze anymore?

Been a while since I have been on, seems like every time I come back, Biohaze has an update. I miss the old forums board, lol. But this is better than the last one.

Captain Redfield

Yes, PS5 for sure. RE3 will be the last game this gen. Despite no confirmation, yes, I'm still as confident as ever regarding CODE: Veronica and trust me, it will happen.

I don't know if he's still around Biohaze, he's mostly active on Twitter.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
This might be weird for me to say this but after seeing re3 remake getting released and seeing the cuts for the game; my interest for future remakes seriously decreased. If capcom's planning to remake more entries in the same way as they did re2 and re3; ( Cutting things, making unnecessary changes, realism excuses etc. ) then no thanks. I wont be interested.

Also ı never understood people finding the pre-re4 main entries outdated. I can go back and replay them very well; ı dont have that much problems with the games. The only pre-re4 mainline entry that ı didnt find aged well is the very 1st game in the series but the remake for it is so good; the cuts for it is extremely small when compared to the last remakes. Plus the chronicles retelling for it is decent.

( The only things ı dont like for the 1st remake are the parallel scenarios ( Should have used re2's scenario system. ) and rebecca's weird behaviour. I prefer rebecca in re0 over the 1st remake, wished the game connected more to re0 tbh. Like ı think some of the files should have mentioned marcus. The reason why ı think remake doesnt connect to re0 that much is cause of mikami hating rebecca. She's apparently submissive to him. )

That being said, ı would like to see a dmc1 remake though. I wonder if itsuno will be interested for it.

Yeah. The on-rails games may have been shite, but they remade the older games way more faithfully. It was like Capcom just didn't want to bother recycling the classic storytelling for the casual action market.

When Raccoon City blows up at the end, I didn't feel any emotion like I did some 20 years ago. The first campaign for RE2 is bad too. It just ends. The scenes were well done. Don't get me wrong. But they just lacked that special fan feel.

Nah. I think CVX, if remade, will suffer a similar fate with chunks of the game being neutered. CVX shouldn't be remade either and especially RE4, but I think Capcom are gonna keep running back to the well and poisoning greatness when they aren't working on developing sequels or bad spin off titles. Do they even care about their legacy at this point?

Also, they really need to move past 1998. It's not even funny by this point. Get off my bus, shitbird! ?

Yeah. The on-rails games may have been shite, but they remade the older games way more faithfully. It was like Capcom just didn't want to bother recycling the classic storytelling for the casual action market.

When Raccoon City blows up at the end, I didn't feel any emotion like I did some 20 years ago. The first campaign for RE2 is bad too. It just ends. The scenes were well done. Don't get me wrong. But they just lacked that special fan feel.

Nah. I think CVX, if remade, will suffer a similar fate with chunks of the game being neutered. CVX shouldn't be remade either and especially RE4, but I think Capcom are gonna keep running back to the well and poisoning greatness when they aren't working on developing sequels or bad spin off titles. Do they even care about their legacy at this point?

Also, they really need to move past 1998. It's not even funny by this point. Get off my bus, shitbird! ?

The fans need to calm down and realize RE 3 Remake won't be set as the standard approach for reinventions or future Remakes. I think yes if some disliked that Capcom took too many liberties with this 3 Reinvention they should tell Capcom so. I feel that it was a huge endeavour for Capcom start "RE 3 Remake" almost when "RE 2 Remake" was late in development cycle, and this pushed Neobards to help them to make RE 3 happen sooner. Later on I will give my opinion of how they should approach a Code Veronica Remake.

First of all we have to acknowledge that there's not a single clue yet if another Remake has been greenlit for production...
There were talks that Capcom could Remake old game properties like Dino Crisis but other than that
I think they might be talking internally about another RE remake, but they are also checking RE 2 and RE 3 reception and sales first before making it happen.

For what it's worth even though RE3 Remake missed or modified several interesting things from the original (things which indeed proved to be disappointing to long date fans) I still regard it as a fun action-horror game.

I would say overall it's not that bad, since the original 3 was also focused more towards action gameplay so Capcom intentionally made the focus of this new RE 3 the action and removed most puzzles, and that change is what made the RE Engine remakes have their own identity, while the new RE 2 felt more as the classic RE2 game and the new RE 3 felt a bit less RE 3 (not for lack of action and explosions) but because Nemesis appearance's and the tension he brought with his encounters during 1999 classic got somewhat diluted throughout this new RE 3.

Now to why Code Veronica fits so well as a Remake:

1) Code Veronica premise completely tied to RE 2.

RE2 REmake Claire's campaign made an effort to show during Claire's campaign that the reason she is there is to find Chris, but her brother is not around since he apparently went on a vacation trip to Europe, and Code Veronica begins just 3 months after RE 2 events with Claire Redfield back as the protagonist.

I think this even facilitates for Capcom so they can hire the same voice actress and still use RE Engine model templates from RE 2 Remake's Claire and basically just make a few adjustments that reflect she's still the same character having just a few costume modifications.

2) Code Veronica Remaster for PS3 and Xbox 360 just not enough to do justice to CV's classic characters.

Classic young Leon, Claire and Jill got modernized RE Engine versions but young Chris and Wesker is his prime super-human villain persona are waiting for their face-lift. As for voice actors, they could try and bring at least DC from the old ones, maybe the same Chris voice actor from RE 7 if he can make CV's Chris sound as a younger Chris.

3) Code Veronica just as RE 1,2 and 3 is important, since all these games featured retellings for Umbrella Chronicles+ Darkside Chronicles.

They should end this Remake's/Reinventions cycle with Code Veronica just to stick with their own internal consistency.

4) Use Code Veronica X as the definitive story for the Remake, avoid trying to mess the key points within it

This one is key factor for their strategy and the success of Code Veronica, and I would also consider splitting up Code Veronica's 2 campaigns if they need time to complete the Remake, maybe not as 2 separate games but maybe launch Claire's up until the point she's Captured by Alexia in the Antarctic then like six or 8 months later have a DLC Chris's campaign with the rest of the story.
Maybe some people would argue over that but look how Final Fantasy VII Remake has used that option of splitting the game(but as completely separate packages) I think Code Veronica should be one entire game not to be split as two games but I am willing to understand if they don't release both of it's segments - campaigns in one go, and take their time to release Chris campaign as DLC/.
Think of it as they did with RE 7 where you could buy the game's Season to get the full package. This way people would get all riled up waiting to see the ending of the story and that would generate even more interest for the game.

5) With what they learned from all their past games with RE Engine assemble their best team for a CV remake like this

It's clear it's really though to make any RE title Remake since fans always have big expectations, but now they can use the expertise from the best RE 2 2019 and RE 3 2020 staff, cast and crew (and think big and bold as to not disappoint all fans).
I think this game is probably starting serious development only after RE 8 gets released so they can use all they have learned with previous titles plus whatever elements that get positive feedback from the players can be further used by Capcom so they can develop this CV Remake much better. They will have fully matured RE Engine, and that can benefit them too.

Last edited:
Thankfully, I believe CVX will likely be the last remake. I don't want it personally, but I don't mind if others do. Just don't expect it to be like the original. I think that's the one cash cow they have left, besides shitty Fortnite type stuff. Also, I cannot see them remaking RE4, yet if it's being included in these polls they occasionally put out for everyone's feedback on where to go next, it's bound to happen eventually. I don't see the need to remake 4 since it's already only just 15 years old with the style that became Capcom's trademark for most of the series by this stage, and if they were to remake that, then some fans would probably be asking for a remake of 5, and while I doubt 6 would ever be touched, I think a pattern is forming here, so who knows?

Captain Redfield

I respect your points guys but I still think CODE: Veronica should be remade and that is it. The last game on the same scope as the recently remade classics to wrap up that classic tetralogy for good.

From 4 onwards there's no need for Remakes. But we never know, love it or hate it, RE4 is the most popular game in the series, even a masterpiece like RE1 Remake is overshadowed by it... There's no need to remake RE4 but Capcom sometimes makes some questionable decisions and I wouldn't be surprised if they decide to Remake RE4 as a quick cash grab due to its popularity... If that happens count on RE5 as well, it was Capcom's best seller for 10 years and still is the franchise's best seller, it is easy cash for them.

All I know is, I won't be here to support Capcom in case RE4 happens. I don't support such practices, remaking what's new is the same as saying to me "Hey clown, we need your money because we're out of ideas! 4 and 5 are popular and sold well so buy these almost similar versions of them with dumbed down gameplay and a totally unnecessary graphical overhaul!" No thanks, Remake CODE: Veronica and everyone will be happy... Skip CODE: Veronica and do RE4, I'm out... Do CODE: Veronica and then do RE4 and I'm still out lol

For a remake to exist, there has to be passion behind it, there has to be a justifiable reason... A Remake should NEVER be a fucking cash grab.
I just hope Capcom takes the right decisions, otherwise I have a feeling this will terribly backfire at them. It kinda already did with RE3.

I know you said in a prior post you'd be pissed if Capcom remade RE4. ;)

I really have no idea how they could really add to or take anything from that game. Except for Ashleigh, or is it Ashley? Hint, hint. :D

But as far as remakes go...yeah. They could definitely do a CVX remake that will please fans of RE2 / Claire in general. That way, we have a full deck of cards to play with, and that can conclude the remakes.

After that, I don't know where they'll go next for to make those mega bucks. I really don't care much for these one dimensional spin off games. In fact, I have little desire to play any of them. Something like ORC may have sounded fun on paper, and if done right, it could have been a really decent co-op game. But they failed to impress anyone.

I think a co-op game where you split up more and explore dark areas with a stalker creature and general zombies acting as roadblocks may be a good idea, but I don't see Capcom being that bright. In a game where you just shoot zombies in a group, it's like...what? You don't feel any tension. I like that in RE. I want to feel like the city is closing in on me.

And Capcom may be money grabbers, but if they didn't make money from sales, there couldn't be any more justification to make more without the backing of the games they already released. Catch-22, much?! :p

This might be weird for me to say this but after seeing re3 remake getting released and seeing the cuts for the game; my interest for future remakes seriously decreased. If capcom's planning to remake more entries in the same way as they did re2 and re3; ( Cutting things, making unnecessary changes, realism excuses etc. ) then no thanks. I wont be interested.

Welcome to my POV since RE2 2019.

If CVX gets remade, what places do you think they will remove? Certain labs? Alfred's Psycho like house? Antarctica? You know something is going to be removed!

LOL. :D

Also, LOL at this.

if chris going be villain why not make him the stalker enemy?

he is strong enough to punch boulders im sure he can take some bullets to head.

Because he'll be the villain for (at least) fair share of the game.

Also

Uh! April Fool's Day has already past for another year, man. Something tells me you're being serious, though. o_O

@Captain Redfield

I'd imagine you're probably feeling like this right now...

ARGH!

*JUMPS OFF THE SHIP!

Is anybody surprised that Capcom would do this, though?! :poop:

Top Bottom