• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Future about RE series.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
What ı think will happen in the future?

I think capcom will continue making more fps survival horror main re games similar to re7; at least 2 of them. I'm not sure how they will continue in terms of story; ı just hope they dont create stories similar to re7 ( and re4 ) where the events mostly feel disconnected to canon re lore due to extreme focus on isolation. They of course will continue to create remakes; at least re3 remake anyway. ( Hopefully more of a remake type and less of a reimagination type. ) As for characters; if they decide to create new characters; ı hope they wont be generic ones like ethan and 3a7. As for the previous characters; again ı have no idea who would be used although jill might be used at least in a cgi movie according to cvxfreak. There's also ampo's special project that will happen in future.

What ı would like to see in future?

This will be an unpopular opinion of mine so here we go:

1. Main re games: I think future main re games should focus on more action than horror similar to re4, re5 and re6. I mean there were 3000 bioterror incidents in 2009 and the number of them increase as time passes. I would like to see the gameplay mechanics of re6 ( Dodging, sliding, quickshots etc. ) and the weapon upgrade system of re5 ( Re4 is outdated, re5 is better. ) along with an improved melee system of re6. I always liked the over the top nature of re franchise. Their stories should be mostly connected to canon re lore ( No story like re4 and re7 please. ) . I would also like to see campaign types that connect to each other very well in terms of story similar to re6 and rerev2.

2. Rerev games: I think rerev games should be more similar to rerev2 than rerev; improve the gameplay of rerev2 if necessary. %50 action-%50 horror survival horror type re games imo similar to 2 rerev games. Their stories should be mostly connected to canon re lore ( No story like re4 and re7 please. ) . I would also like to see campaign types that connect to each other very well in terms of story similar to re6 and rerev2. Rerev3's story should be highly connected to re6 imo similar to how rerev2's story is highly connected to re5; also ı want to see c-virus used again.

3. Fps survival horror re spinoffs: I think re7's style should be used as a spinoff; minus canon content like not a hero and end of zoe of course since they increase action and main re games already focus on action so these types would be as closer to a survival horror experience as possible. Their stories can be mostly disconnected to canon re lore for the sake of isolation; ı wouldnt actually mind this if this happened in this type of spinoffs unlike re4 and re7.

4. Other type of spinoffs: No idea about this but ı think capcom should increase the variety in spinoffs. Hopefully no bad ones like reorc and umbrella corps.

5. Remakes: I think capcom should remake re3 and recv. Hopefully more of a remake type and less of a reimagination type.

6. Characters: For returning characters; ı think jake, jill, natalex, sherry and chris should be used. ( These ones come to my mind right now; maybe more. ) Hunk might also be a good one to use ( As a villain ) ; maybe kill him in the next re game that he appears or maybe not. As for new characters; if they decide to use some, dont make them generic like ethan and 3a7. Give them some backstory and character development.

7. Characters part 2: Another characters ı would like to see in a future re game or cgi movie are helena, moira ( Maybe add barry too to the game / cgi movie she appears. ) , rebecca ( I know she's in vendetta but she isnt used that much in that movie. ) and hunnigan. I think helena can get more character development in a future re game / cgi movie if she manages to appear. As for hunnigan; ı think she can work as a survival horror protagonist in a rerev game; she isnt that experienced against monsters unlike leon.

8. Extra stuff: I think unexplained plot threads like the family should be explained in future re titles. I also want a team up of chris, claire and sherry ( even better if jake teams up with them too. ) in a future re title or cgi movie cause they are in my top 3. Speaking of cgi movies; ı think they should exclude leon at least from the next one; he's used way too much; give more screen time to other characters plus leon needs some rest.

Yama

Owner
I feel it should stick to a unified style and run with it. RE:2’s mechanics, atmosphere, puzzles, conservation and visuals are a perfect combination of making something old new again (story withstanding). I’m fine with some additional mechanics (dodge or something of the like), but nothing too far from this formula. Give me new and unique stories to go with this formula though, not just remakes.

I'm hoping they halt the remakes. I don't care for them. Sequels-wise, they have to make them super creepy again. I don't like the action heavy ones. That could still be used for certain parts, but not from start to finish.

Top Bottom