• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Favourite Files

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
file.png

What are your favourite files throught the series?

My picks in random order:

1. Keeper's diary

One of the creepiest files in the series. It basically tells how a researcher turns into a zombie while still managing to write one. The " Itchy, tasty " line is iconic.

2. Jill's diary

One of the most unique ones. It's unlocked by collecting files in correct order. It's very interesting imo, really like how chris is pissed in it. This is also available in umbrella chronicles with an easier way of obtaining it.

3. D.i.j.'s diary

A very interesting file. It's found on battle game mode. Really like how claire is described as " valkyrie, a goddess of destruction " . It tells what the small mouse was doing throught the story. I would have preferred this to be found on story and be made available in darkside chronicles but still.

4. Bsaa file

This one is very long and explains a lot of backstory for bsaa. I find it very valuable.

5. Sheva file

This one explains a lot of backstory for sheva. It's very interesting imo. I wish this came more into play during the story but still.

6. A deal with us

This one explains what happens to sherry between 2009 and 2012 after wesker's death. Quite valuable. I also like reading simmons' thoughts, it's very disgusting and feels fitting to his character perfectly.

7. Ada and raccoon incident

This one is interesting for the extra portion exclusive to re.net. The " Requiring attention for the time being is how The Family led by Simmons will make their move. " and " But as ever, no matter what happens my true purpose remains unwavering. And it always will. " lines are very interesting.

8. Carla file

Bio for carla. Very valuable, especially g-virus and t-veronica mentions which ı love a lot.

9. Carla's note

This one explains carla's thoughts here. I like reading them plus it's very satisfying to see simmons mutate over and over. He really deserved it.

10. Carla's revenge

For this one, ı like " Did she summon the original for help as her sense of self that was still Carla couldn't tolerate her own outraged behavior, or did she call her in order to bury the original Ada Wong? No one knows her true intentions. " line a lot. Carla wasnt sure of herself as ada says " It was your conscience carla. That saw you fail. " . I find her a tragic villain due to this.

11. Chris and leon

In this one, claire introduces chris and leon to each other. It's important, especially after the events of re2, recv and degeneration which had claire surviving the events with leon or chris. Though ı dont like the " she was reunited with Chris on the Umbrella-controlled Rockfort Island. " line. They met on antarctic base, not rockfort. But other than that, ı really like it.

12. Chris and wesker

This one explains what happened to chris between re5 and re6 and his reason for becoming a sou captain.

13. Chris' career

This one mentions sheva, one of the reasons why ı really like it. Though ı wished jill was also mentioned just like her.

14. Finn file

This one is quite tragic since it shows a letter finn sent to his mom.

15. Helena files

There are 2 of them and ı like them equally. They arent as long as sheva's but ı think they do their job fine. The backstory is very interesting.

16. Hunnigan file

Pretty much the only file in the series dedicated to hunnigan. It's very valuable.

17. Jake's family situation

A very interesting file. The backstory is very interesting and reading the letter of jake's mom is very emotional. It also comes into play during the story when jake was pissed at chris for taking his chance of confronting his father.

18. Leon and raccoon incident

My favourite file in re6 without a doubt. The extra portion is very interesting to read and leon's suicide mention is very emotional. In the end, he didnt give up to save sherry's life with claire.

19. Leon file

This one explains backstory for dso. I like benford's conversation along with 9 / 11 mention. I like how it references that event. Though in localization, it's cut.

20. Lepotica file

This one has backstory for lepotica. I like it for referencing marhawa desire's events. I wished there were more references to it.

21. Life under house arrest

This one has backstory for sherry. I also like the letter claire tries to send to sherry.

22. Note left in the laboratory

This one is a tragic note of deborah. It's very emotional to read.

23. Piers' career

Backstory for piers. It's very interesting and ı like piers' hero worship of his captain.

24. Researcher's memoir

The letter of someone who became ustanak. It's very fascinating to read.

25. Sherry and raccoon incident

This one mentions rani, the little girl claire saves in degeneration. I like how sherry's friends with her.

26. Sherry file

This one has more of sherry's hero worship of claire and leon.

27. Soldiers of fortune

This one explains an important event that happened to jake and his team.

This is it for now. Overall re6 has the most interesting files to read and while ı didnt mention some here, ı like those too. I really like how re.net expands them.

Feel free to give your examples.

I'll make another reply giving my picks from spinoffs.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Now for picks from spinoffs:

1. Plant worker's diary

One of the creepiest files in the series. It basically tells how vincent's researchers cut open young kids' skulls and obtain a special chemical from their brains. The " Don't think of them as human beings. In the end, they're nothing more than raw materials for creating a Tyrant. " statement is downright disgusting.

2. Claire's note

I found this interesting cause it explains how claire had a dream after the events of recv. Her crying is very emotional to read.

3. Message on the wall

A very tragic note of steve's father. It's very emotional to read.

4. Richard's letter

A letter of richard. It explains why he joined stars. I find it very touching to read.

5. Wesker's note on mutation peculiarities

A very valuable file. It explains how infecteds' thoughts and memories can effect their mutations.

6. Darkside chronicles voice files

I always liked listening to these. They explain interesting info throught the story.

I have several, mostly from Revelations. Any of the files where you can see the mind of the author slowly deteriorate like Itchy Tasty or Maaaaaaaaydaaaaaaay are some of the creepiest yet most intersting files in my opinion.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Cool picks. I actually love piers' letter to claire a lot. Idk how ı can explain it but the soldiers being surprised after seeing claire makes me laugh a lot for some reason. It's kind of funny a bit. But ı think ı overall like the unlockable files of rerev2, ı believe they are unlocked with points. It's been a while since ı unlocked them.

I believe these are all from rerev2 right? Do you have more picks from other games that arent mentioned here?

Cool picks. I actually love piers' letter to claire a lot. Idk how ı can explain it but the soldiers being surprised after seeing claire makes me laugh a lot for some reason. It's kind of funny a bit. But ı think ı overall like the unlockable files of rerev2, ı believe they are unlocked with points. It's been a while since ı unlocked them.

I believe these are all from rerev2 right? Do you have more picks from other games that arent mentioned here?
Those are all from REV2, yes.

Last edited:
Top Bottom