• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

Virus Favorite B.O.W.

your absolute favorite B.O.W.

discuss it here.

for me by a landslide its the original Hunter from the 1996 title.

The Hunter α (Code No. "MA-121") to this date is the most fearsome mother*ucker in the series.

To this day I *hit by pants whenever I encounter these monsters in my Bio 1 playthroughs.

The camera angles in the game gave incredible strength to these beasts, also, you could not hit them during certain animations.

On top of this they had one hit decapitations and if there were 2 in one corridor God help you.

they would tag team clawing your ass until you (your soul) ended up in a better place.

I memorized how many were in each room and I counted my ammo and checked my health and gauged where I should go, that's the type of horror they unleashed, God I miss those days.

I seen a zombie before but I remember when I first saw this thing's arm opening a door and then lumbering down the hallway, I remember thinking wtf is that? and had little time to react or think otherwise as it proceeded to gore my insides with a jump attack.

we never got to see any of the prototype 120's but I always laugh in fuckin amusement at the subsequent Hunter models that followed. I fuckin laugh. their all suppose to be improvements but in game are MUCH MUCH weaker.

The Hunter II's were okay at best, they were kind of cool the way they would stalk you from motion detectors, you could see them as an improvement by the rival company even though in game they were not, but story wise at least it was somewhat believable and it was cool seeing Wesker deploy them.

The poisonous purple colored Sweepers (a la poisonous colored real life jungle frogs) were cool too. but again, these creatures that Wesker unleashed on Rockfort pale in comparison to the ones he released from the Courtyard of the Spencer Estate.

But honestly, when compared to the original 121's they were nothing.

the 121's were butchered in 0 and REmake unfortunately, they were weakened to such a great degree it was shameful. even worse in Revelations.

The Hunter B's were so fuckin weak, at least you can chalk it up to 'experimental' as they were a work in progress meant to boost mass production and they even looked all fucked up with their tumors and shit. But man you could just mow these fuckers down in the Raccoon Hospital like clockwork with Carlos's Assault Rifle.

The Hunter Y was just....meh. you have an amphibious frog like fucker that jumps around and gets shot the fuck up like there's no tomorrow, no threat.

The Hunter R only got a joke of a glimpse in the sealed off Birkin labs lying on the floor dead in the N 64 version of the game and made a robust appearance in Outbreak File 2 End of the Road but they weren't shit.

These 125's were suppose to be improvements of what exactly? I liked the mechanic of how they could fuck up your firearm though and render it useless.

Let's see, let's see, where does this leave us?

The Hunter Elite, ahh yes, another joke.

this looked like a Hunter on crack? I dunno.

how do we explain it even? Elite at what?

they just kept jumping around from side to side, true bullet sponges.

they were the worst looking model type, they looked taller and skinnier with blocky heads?wtf?

I throw my hands up in the air and give up.

Can you imagine the amount of laughter erupting from potential buyers if Umbrella would've auctioned off from the Spencer Rain? It was their plan too as well, smh.

This brings us to the biggest fuckin insult and joke in the seires for these creatures and possibly weakest and worst B.O.W. in the franchise which is the Farfarello.

this is suppose to be a vastly improved Hunter that can turn invisible.

it should have been by far the deadliest but ended up being the most laughably bad and easily killable in the series.

the Farfarello showed just how far my most beloved B.O.W. had fallen.

it was bad enough that you mowed through crowds of them in Revelations, crowds of the 121's would get cut down like NOTHING and when you finally encounter one with invisible capabilities it gets cut the fuck down like nothing by two jokers that laugh and have fun as they cut through them to investigate a crashed airliner.

Invisible Hunters was such a great idea, what a wasted opportunity, there is an invisible enemies mode in REmake but as I said, the Hunter's are so dumbed down in REmake.

(deep sigh)

I guess the Crimson Heads make up for that but don't want to go off topic here.

I don't know what else to say tbh.

While I shamefully admitted that camera angles and certain animations greatly attributed to the original Hunter's ferocity there is still no excuse as to why they could not have become as fearsome in subsequent titles.

the one hit decap could've been kept, their health could've been vastly increased, the damage they dish out could've been vastly greater etc.

can work with any type gameplay. smh.

long live the legendary original OG nightmare Hunter from 96. long live.

I adore Marguerite's mutant form. It's simple, yet the remaining human features really make her all the more unnatural looking. Her long limbs remind me of Lisa Trevor, and the way she crawls around like Mutant Alex, but she manages to be way more disgusting and "grounded" (if that makes sense). Add to that the way she "births" insect enemies, and she is one of my favourite examples of excellent RE body horror. As far as i'm concerned, she's an instant classic, and her boss fight one of the best in the series (right along with the garage and basement fights with Jack)

Yoke

Procrastinator Supreme
The Hunters are amazing! For me, most of them have stayed consistently great. Hunter R is the only one I have issues with. That being said though, they're not my favorite. My favorite would have to be the Tyrants with the T-001 as my favorite. I just love how twisted it looks and how it twitches and drools. It's so creepy!

Now just talking about the things i like about Tyrants in general. One is the progression from the T-001 to the T-103. You really don't have that with the other BOWs in the series. Another is Umbrella going nuts trying new things to create different Tyrants. Granted most look silly but I like how you don't know what to expect with each game. Also most are slow destructive forces that you need heavy fire power just to mess with. They also like fries!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm not sure what is my most favourite bow but one of my favourite bows in the series is rasklapanje from re6. Death scenes for them are pretty brutal, you can shoot their hands and destroy them using the environment and they split into 2 when you damage them enough.

Lickers. Whenever someone sees one they think Resident Evil, and they just stand out compared to the other enemies. Unfortunately Outbreak and Umbrella Chronicles made them all wimpy, but I was excited to see them back in 5, and buffed up as well. Damnation was what made them my favorite, seeing them scurry around and even squaring off against a Tyrant for a bit. The last Licker in the movie is probably one of the few B.O.W.s I feel bad for, but I kind of also feel bad for the one that had its brain crushed.

Top Bottom