• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games Fatal Frame | Project Zero

Yama

Owner
One of my favorite horror series of all time. Kind of like what happened to Silent Hill, the original trilogy (and to some degree the fourth despite the localization mess) hit quite differently than the later games. Sadly the Nintendo exclusivity really hurt the series in the long run, through limiting hardware at the time and localization mishaps through out. The original trilogy still stands tall however, especially when emulated at 4K at 16:9. I still hope to see the series return one day.

Never got into this series.
I have always been one for conventional weapons where as this game you point and click a camera to defeat your enemies.

That's kind of what I didn't like it about it either. You couldn't run, or moving around the rooms was too slow. But with Japanese games, the atmosphere and quietness is usually what happens in place of gore, guns, and bad language. I can't say this series ever "sold out" though, unlike RE. RE hasn't stayed true to its roots throughout its duration, but Project Zero has.

Yama

Owner
Never got into this series.
I have always been one for conventional weapons where as this game you point and click a camera to defeat your enemies.
I actually really liked this feature as it had lots of depth. The upgrading reminded me a lot of RE4’s weapons, so that was kind of addicting to me. I love leveling up and upgrading things. The just frame mechanic for Fatal Frame was also really addicting, kind of like a fighter timing wise. The controls in the original were a bit wonky when in first person using the camera, but the Xbox releases eventually added normal FPS controls for the camera. That’s when it really came full circle for me.

Yama

Owner
just curious question why the games are exclusive to Nintendo?
The IP is currently co-owned by Koei Tecmo and Nintendo. Really the worst thing that could have happened to it. :cautious: Nothing at all against Nintendo as a company, but they obviously have little ambition when it comes to this franchise.

Top Bottom