• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE9 Do you want RE9 to be co-op?

With all of the open world rumors it has me thinking RE9 could go back to co-op?

What do you want from the next entry, pure single player or optional co-op?

I think they could do co-op in a much better way all these years later with the new tech and engine we have, but not sure which I want yet.

425b8d9072c2ace360eb41462e91d655.jpg

For an open world game, it would be cool. Although some say survival horror games are best played when one is alone.

Generally, I agree that having help can hinder the creepiness. But characters in RE with how people are more aware of the threats, characters typically have partners or a team of military personnel, meaning the option is always there to have a tag along.

Days Gone having co-op would have been amazing. The same with other horror or pandemic themed games of a large budget where a NPC is usually nearby.

I'm definitely hoping the RE9 main game is single player, or at the very least no AI companions if you play it solo for maximum survival creepiness. I think it's the AI companions that I'm not a fan of, if you choose to play with a friend that of course can be awesome too.

It's okay to have character interactions sometimes, but RE to me I feel is no longer a straight-up horror series. Even other horror things that used to be scary now depict zombies as being like extras, rarely making you feel overwhelmed as they used to. There is also too much action.

If you're playing Chris, you are probably going to be feeling chilled because his experience with bioweapons makes him too battle hardened. Whereas these Harry Mason or Ethan Winters sorts are not accustomed to these environments, so the story feels more in keeping with someone who just enters an unknown place full of dangers. And this intrigued me more, especially if they have an indirect link to it all which must be learned of through unraveling.

I'd prefer single player for RE9 personally. While I wouldn't mind a co-op mercenaries mode, I think the single player experience should remain the story mode outside of maybe an AI companion joining up at parts (I.E. Luis in RE4 Remake).

Top Bottom