• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games Dino Crisis

it's cool we see a fully grown adult allosaurus compare to the fallen kingdom which was a kid.

now if only adult dilophosaurus got the same treatment.
Praying we get to see a full grown Dilo in Jurassic World 3. The teases are getting too much between the hologram in JW and the hoots in the bushes at the beginning of Fallen Kingdom.

I've not played any of the Dino Crisis games in years. I did enjoy the first two, but I can't say I was daft on them or anything. The third one was a steaming pile of dinosaur faeces, so big, that Jeff Goldblum would be proud of it.

To be honest, I wonder why Capcom didn't continue the series, because I hate open-ended games. Regina was supposed to rescue Dylan and Paula, when the big explosion occurred. I don't really want to count Dino Stalker, as that was just a side story.

Capcom to ‘awaken dormant IPs’ after ‘indisputable’ success of DMC 5

Metro.co.uk writes:

by GameCentral, Friday 18 Oct 2019

After years in the wilderness, Capcom has had a real turnaround in their fortunes recently, starting with the release of Monster Hunter: World early last year.

Despite being a more than decade old franchise the game finally became a hit in the West, encouraging Capcom to make more titles that weren’t afraid to hide their Japanese origins.

That led to the Resident Evil 2 remake and Devil May Cry 5, which a new financial report (warning: .PDF) has classified as an ‘indisputable success’.

The report goes further though, and says that ‘Resident Evil 2 and Devil May Cry 5 were both indisputable successes, having been developed in-line with the highly stringent, world-class quality standards that drove the success of Monster Hunter: World.’

By the end of Capcom’s financial year in March 2019 (so it will have sold even more by now) Resident Evil 2 had sold 4.2 million copies, while Devil May Cry 5 sold 2.1 million, with the later described as ‘successfully re-establishing the series’.

The most exciting bit for fans though is Capcom’s three-point plan for the future, which is to 1. strengthen digital sales, 2. increase the length of support for existing titles, and 3. ‘awaken dormant intellectual properties’.

Although no names are mentioned another part of the report also mentions promoting ‘utilisation of dormant IP and remakes’.

Capcom currently does not have any major releases scheduled for this year or next, just a few Mega Man re-releases and compilations. So clearly they’ve got some major announcements waiting in the wings, with a remake of PlayStation 1 game Resident Evil 3 now almost a certainty – not to mention Resident Evil 8.

But Resident Evil isn’t a dormant franchise, thankfully, so what else are they thinking of doing? Onimusha is perhaps the most obvious guess, as it recently had a remaster, presumably to gauge current interest in what was, at one time, one of Capcom’s biggest sellers.

Dino Crisis is another popular guess, given how well it’d fit the Resident Evil 2 remake formula – even if it’s only the first game in the series that was ever really popular.

Beyond that it could be almost anything, from Bionic Commando to Viewtiful Joe, Okami, Dragon’s Dogma, Breath Of Fire, Strider, Ghosts ‘N Goblins, Final Fight, and dozens of others (although we admit we’re kind of hoping we’ve seen the last of Dead Rising).

Marvel Vs. Capcom is also fairly likely, as there have been rumours of Capcom attempting to make a proper Marvel Vs. Capcom 4, and sweeping Marvel Vs. Capcom: Infinite under the carpet.

(Sources: www.metro.co.uk, Youtube [1] [2] [3] )

Imagine if Capcom added a Regina costume for Jill to the 3: Nemesis remake, like they did in the original 1999 version. That would definitely get everyone talking. :cool:

It's really only a matter of time before Capcom formally announces a Dino Crisis remake. I'm sure!

This should light a fire under Capcom's asses to do a full DC reboot. ?

The same as when those indie people worked on REborn, or whatever it was called.

This was instrumental in us getting the RE 2 remake, after begging them for years to do it officially and here we are, with RE 3.

While it's cool to see the fan remake coming along, I gotta be honest that it just makes me want a real Dino Crisis remake even more. That Regina model is ROUGH to say the least and they're seriously using the Ark T-Rex model? Yuck. The environments look nice though.

While it's cool to see the fan remake coming along, I gotta be honest that it just makes me want a real Dino Crisis remake even more. That Regina model is ROUGH to say the least and they're seriously using the Ark T-Rex model? Yuck. The environments look nice though.
honesty I hope capcom confirms that Dino Crisis REmake/REboot is in development with RE engine in mind that would be awesome.

There is a rumor that Capcom is preparing to revive two old franchises.
God I hope they're Dino Crisis and Onimusha.

And no feathers plz!
Dino Crisis just makes sense and I hope it really does happen soon.

And I'll join that no feathers squad. I don't care if its realistic or not, give me my damn scaly Jurassic Park dinosaurs please.

Top Bottom