• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games Cyberpunk 2077

Amazon has updated its listing for The World of Cyberpunk 2077, revealing the cover of the hardcover book, which is based on the videogame Cyberpunk 2077, coming out April 16, 2020. The book is to be released little later on April 21, 2020 in the U.S. region.

The description of the book from Amazon.com:

"Step into the year 2077, a world dotted with dystopian metropoles where violence, oppression, and cyberware implants aren't just common--they're necessary tools to get ahead. Delve into incisive lore to discover how the economic decline of the United States created a crippling dependence on devious corporations and birthed the Free State of California. Explore the various districts, gangs, and history of Night City. Learn all there is to know about the technology of tomorrow and research the cybernetics, weapons, and vehicles of Cyberpunk 2077.

Dark Horse Books and CD Projekt Red present The World of Cyberpunk 2077--an extensive examination of the rich lore of Cyberpunk 2077. This intricately assembled tome contains everything you need to know about the history, characters, and world of the long-awaited follow-up from the creators of The Witcher video game series."

Hardcover: 200 pages
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1506713580
ISBN-13: 978-1506713588

Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiple difficulty settings. One of them is Hardcore mode that turns off UI completely. I read this news from the Gamespot.com and the full interview with the developer CD Projekt Red I read from wccftech.com. The interview is kinda long, but gathers lots of info of the upcoming game.

I personally think this is something I want to try. I don't usually play 1'st person games, but some are exceptions like Cyberpunk. To be honest I would've preferred third person mode to this game as well, so there would've be something to everyone. I also read about the game including strong references to different religions that "may offend the sensitivity of some". I'm really starting to like this game even more, I like when we can take any subject and use it, because nowadays everyone gets butthurt from a tiniest little "offensive" thing. Sometimes it feels like people want to just sweap things under a rug, propably thinking if no one talks about them or they aren't used in any movie/cartoon/game/etc. it will disappear and everything is OK again.

I just realized that I'm little bit overhyped by this game and after reading this Cyberpunk 2077: 10 Harsh Gameplay Truths You Need To Know I should calm my myself down. Mostly the new games I play they are bad and not what I expected, and I'm afraid this will go to the same box. Expecially new AAA titles from big developers. Indie games always seems to be much better, even though they are motly much shorter. I'm already afraid to review this and getting people after me.

Yama

Owner
I just realized that I'm little bit overhyped by this game and after reading this Cyberpunk 2077: 10 Harsh Gameplay Truths You Need To Know I should calm my myself down. Mostly the new games I play they are bad and not what I expected, and I'm afraid this will go to the same box. Expecially new AAA titles from big developers. Indie games always seems to be much better, even though they are motly much shorter. I'm already afraid to review this and getting people after me.
I was really excited by this game as well at last years E3. This years showing was also pretty solid though the actual gameplay brought it down to earth some. Still excited to try it as I lover the style and concept, but like you, lowering my expectations a bit.

Yet another article I came across with CDPR: Cyberpunk 2077 Has No Pre-Order Bonus So That Everyone Can Get The “Same Content”

Cyberpunk 2077 seems to follow the same trend as The Witcher 3. There were no pre-order bonuses for The Witcher 3 and CD Project Red is continuing the trend again with Cyberpunk 2077.

When one fan asked them if there are any pre-order bonus for CP2077, they wanted to know what kind of bonuses the fan was asking to get in the game. When he explained that it was regarding pre-order bonus, CD Projekt Red explained why they don’t have any for CP2077.

“No, we don’t do that,” said the PR behind the CP2077 Twitter account. “Every person that buys the game gets exactly the same in-game content, no matter if they buy it in pre-orders, on release date or 2 years later.”

While there are no pre-order bonus available for CP2077, there will be some special editions sold for the game including a Collector’s Edition that is worth $199.

The new thing is these pre-order bonuses and 3 day early access -type of things. I think it was with the latest Tomb Raider game that I bought the version that let me play it 2-3 days earlier, but I think it cost around 90-100€. I dunno why the hell I payed that, but maybe it was some kind of hype. They always inventing something new to rip off the gamers and the gaming industry has grown crazily in past years. I really appreciate CDPR decision with this and just doing normal version and the Collectors Edition, and not like 5 various Standard Edition, Gold Edition, Diamond Edition, Give Me All Your Money Edition... ugh.
It normally wouldn't bother me, but many games I'm fan of have been this way, plus they are very expencive just to be digital copies and nothing physical.

Top Bottom