• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General Chris and Claire's Parents

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I was wondering about when the tragic info about them was mentioned for the 1st time. It seems to be found at these:

" It was also the middle of the night when I received the phone call that they'd been mangled after being hit by a large trailer. "

" I've had this late-night fear of the phone for five years now, ever since a state police chaplain called me at two a.m. to tell me my parents were dead. "

I havent fully read these articles yet but ı'll check them sometime.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Claire Praying.jpg

So here's a screenshot ı took from a video of recv's cutscenes. I never noticed this before but from my understanding, ı think claire is praying here, in regards for chris to come out safe and sound.

It feels like a neat reference to her comment for sherry in re2:

" My god has protected you. It will always be with you. "

Sugimura was such a genius...

As a child raised with a culture of paternal transparency, I do appreciate that there were at least two books that did talk about the parents (especially the father) of Chris and Claire Redfield. If CapCom put me in charge of REvisiting the Raccoon City saga, I'd expand the very biographies of their parents (especially the father); in a Chinese-exclusive Manhua comic, Chief Brian Irons briefly mentioned the biological father of Leon Kennedy by the way🧠

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
As a child raised with a culture of paternal transparency, I do appreciate that there were at least two books that did talk about the parents (especially the father) of Chris and Claire Redfield. If CapCom put me in charge of REvisiting the Raccoon City saga, I'd expand the very biographies of their parents (especially the father); in a Chinese-exclusive Manhua comic, Chief Brian Irons briefly mentioned the biological father of Leon Kennedy by the way🧠

I agree. I didnt read comics or sd perry novels but ı find that interesting. In darkside chronicles leon encounters irons with claire, ı always liked that. I would have preferred to see it in re2r but the game cuts important story details too much, it feels really empty in the process.

Top Bottom