• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE7 Capcom has just made Aunt Rhody very happy!

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
It's not. Re5 and re6 still sold more when taking the ps4 and xbox one ports into account.

Also ı dont like how capcom's official site doesnt list the pc ports' sales for re5 and re6.

Really weird that re7's and re2 2019's pc sales are listed but re5 and re6's pc sales arent.

But anyways; might as well drop this cause it's more insightful than capcom's official platinum titles page.

I believe this is due to the fact that Resident Evil 5 and Resident Evil 6 were not released at the same time as the console releases, but a few months later and in a different quarter, so they are considered separately.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Yeah RE7 didn't dethrone shit, RE5 still stands as the chad of the series with 11 million copies sold.

The only real and interesting change here is that RE4 is in second place now.

There's more than a few people wondering why they are conveniently ignoring RE5G because after all "secretly winning" is not actually winning. But maybe its because RE8 is coming out soon and they want people talking about this, they certainly accomplished that.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
And speaking of switch; another weird thing is, for 4 / 5 / 6, the sales for those 3 games' switch ports arent listed anywhere, neither vgsales nor capcom's platinum titles. I believe re7 was also released for that system though it's exclusive to japan so in re7's case; it's not surprising that they arent listing its switch port sales. Plus the machine doesnt seem to be compatible with the game.

What's that other gaming news site called where they rabbit on about stuff, and have a TL;DR slideshow for those that cannot be bothered reading the whole page? ?

I guess it still gets people talking, just the same. ?

Silent Hill better be at Tokyo Game Show, or... I am losing my flying virginity next month, and going to visit Konami's headquarters myself.

Oh, darn. The restrictions concerning the coronavirus may make that impossible. The end of the world is nearing, folks! ?

They just publish sales of their releases without counting reissues. There is no hidden meaning here. I don't know why people again raise the question of which game is better or worse because of this topic.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
Without counting reissues? I don't think so, it looks like the RE7 sales cover the gold edition as well. And nobody thinks of a hidden meaning but people will speculate about intent given what they are doing is overt and obvious.

And people will always argue about what they think is best, especially with this franchise given there's too many different games for different tastes.

Without counting reissues? I don't think so, it looks like the RE7 sales cover the gold edition as well.

I'm sure Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and Resident Evil 5: Move Edition count as well.

And nobody thinks of a hidden meaning but people will speculate about intent given what they are doing is overt and obvious.

What's so obvious about that? Promotion of a new game? They counted sales in the same way before the release of Resident Evil 7. Here different platforms are taken into account, and different information is not summed up. The principle is not clear.

And people will always argue about what they think is best, especially with this franchise given there's too many different games for different tastes.

And this is great, but people compare dry numbers, although the context is not clear, and these games were released at different times in different conditions and with many different and even economic factors. It's just kindergarten when I read how people start arguing with each other about which game is better because it sold out more.

Do you think they will do a "first person trilogy" now? That'd make a lot of sense, I guess.

They don't have any quotas. They can use any camera and any characters they want, if they think it's necessary for the game and the story.

There has been a lot of talk that the first person appeared because of VR, but this is not true. VR came much later. The authors simply felt that this solution was appropriate for their vision.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
I'm sure Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition and Resident Evil 5: Move Edition count as well.
Not they're not, if Gold edition was taken into account the number would be 11 million
What's so obvious about that? Promotion of a new game? They counted sales in the same way before the release of Resident Evil 7. Here different platforms are taken into account, and different information is not summed up. The principle is not clear.
If they count all the possible sales of one game but not others it's for a reason, it's not hard to understand. And suddenly many articles float around about how much RE7 sold with click bait titles and they even clarify in the articles themselves that RE7 took first place, but not really. And I just noticed they ignore the PC version of RE5 for some reason

I know better than to pretend I can guess other people's true intent, I can only speculate, but people have different ideas as to why this is happening and it's interesting.
And this is great, but people compare dry numbers, although the context is not clear, and these games were released at different times in different conditions and with many different and even economic factors. It's just kindergarten when I read how people start arguing with each other about which game is better because it sold out more.
No not everyone compare dry numbers without taking anything else into account, personally I never ever listen or pay any attention to anyone thinking that something is a good quality product just because it sells. Junk food sells like crazy too, the highest grossing movies are trash, the most popular sport in the world is incredibly basic and boring, etc.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
I'm concerned nonetheless. I'm not particularly bothered about first person games, and we've gotten two in a row now. Oh, man, oh man.

:(
I think we'll always get different kinds of RE games, as the fandom changes the games will keep changing as well. I'm not too concerned about the future of RE I guess but I hope 8 turns out to be great

Not they're not, if Gold edition was taken into account the number would be 11 million

No, 11 million come from sales from all platforms, including the current generation of console (PS4 and XONE) and PC. I was talking about the Gold Edition on the PS3 and X360, which, by analogy with the RE7, came out in the same generation.

If they count all the possible sales of one game but not others it's for a reason, it's not hard to understand.

It is always much easier to invent own narrative and conspiracy theory. It is not clear why before the release of Resident Evil 7, the practice of such counting was the same.

And I just noticed they ignore the PC version of RE5 for some reason

This version was always considered separate, because it was released separately and in another quarter.

A. Wesker

Fortes Fortuna Adiuvat
No, 11 million come from sales from all platforms, including the current generation of console (PS4 and XONE) and PC. I was talking about the Gold Edition on the PS3 and X360, which, by analogy with the RE7, came out in the same generation.
It looks like I'll have to spell it out to you then, with the gold edition it'd have an extra 2 million. The current generation just added over 1.7 million, which is a good number all things considered
It is always much easier to invent own narrative and conspiracy theory. It is not clear why before the release of Resident Evil 7, the practice of such counting was the same.
Given your track record with this particular topic I know better than to assume you are right about Capcom's practices, but if that happened to be the case then they do what they do and 7 happened to reach this milestone now. If not then they are trying to bring more attention to 7, whatever the answer is it's fine, I can't say I care enough about this topic to talk any further about it.

And there is nothing wrong with a bit of speculation, I wouldn't dismiss people who are simply doing that as inventing their own narrative and creating "conspiracy theories" I find people who use the term conspiracy theory too much to simply not be tall enough for the ride they're trying to take.
This version was always considered separate, because it was released separately and in another quarter.
Unlike 7's gold edition?

I'm just interested in figuring it out, although I'm not trying to aggressively prove anything.

Capcom's website says that:

Resident Evil 7, which was released in January 2017 on PS4, XONE and PC, has sales of 7.9 million.

Resident Evil 5, released in March 2009 on PS3 and X360, has sales of 7.7 million.

The PC version of Resident Evil 5 was always considered separate (I remember this even before the release of RE7), because I believe this is due to the fact that the PC version only came out in September. And this was the version of Games for Windows Live before the release on Steam.

Resident Evil 5 on the PS3 and X360 versions had a Gold Edition, as did Resident Evil 7 on its platforms. I assume these versions count together because they are the same platforms. If only Resident Evil 7: Gold Edition counts, and Resident Evil 5: Gold Edition doesn't, I'd like to see the source.

But I know that 11 million sales of Resident Evil 5 is the total amount for all platforms, and it will certainly continue to increase. When Resident Evil 7 is released on PS5 and Xbox, this version will also be considered separately.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I'm not sure if this is the best place to say this but ı just want to say that the sales of reorc is pretty impressive despite being an unpolished title. It seems to have sell decent amount for the game's quality.

Also ı checked re3 2020's sales and it still didnt sell more than the og game.

Top Bottom