• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Games Alone in the Dark

Anybody a fan?

I love this series. "The New Nightmare" should have received a sequel. I felt that it had a ton of atmosphere, and the partner zapping system, and use of a radio to contact the other characters made it feel so unique.

Sadly, Atari ruined the series after 2008 and the movies sucked. Yes, there is a sequel. It has a Korean actor in place of Christian Slater.

The second game was on the PlayStation. In Europe, it is known as Alone in the Dark: Jack is Back.

I still have it in my collection after all these years. I think this was one of the better pre-RE titles of its generation. ;)

Yama

Owner
Played
The second game was on the PlayStation. In Europe, it is known as Alone in the Dark: Jack is Back.

I still have it in my collection after all these years. I think this was one of the better pre-RE titles of its generation. ;)

I still have this on PSX, in the US it was called One Eyed Jack’s Revenge. Odd game, but memorable.

I enjoyed a New Nightmare on Dreamcast, didn’t realize they have a Steam version.

Captain Redfield

The man who killed Albert Wesker
Played the hell out of The New Nightmare. I remember I played it around the same time as RE3, the puzzles were very creative.
That Library boss with Carnby was a pain in the ass though.
Still one of my all time favorite survival horror games with the paranormal theme. Sadly it is gone and we are left with a bunch of uninteresting horror games where all you do is hide and seek like Outlast. And people complain about RE being versatile, that's why it is alive and keeps things fresh lol

I really like how the first game is considered the true start of survival horror games. The others before the reboots didn't have the same tone. 2 was a game with you mostly shooting pirates, and 3 is a western, but they still fit in with the genre.

Loved the 1st Alone in the dark game.
Lovecraft influence in this game created a very good thing.

Others episodes weren't made by its creator since he left Infogrames, and we can see see it.
New nightmare was good too.

Met his creator(Frédérick Raynal) 2 times, such an impressive guy who did many games in differents styles.
2Dark on PS4 were special but i enjoyed it.
His Dreamcast horror game "Argatha" never released had such potential...

Did anybody notice that the first game has no audio? I had the CD version years ago, around the time I first had a home PC, and there is no sound. If you put it into a console, you can play music tracks, and I've seen it being played on YouTube, so I know there's definitely music and sound effects. Then I bought it on Steam, and the same thing happened. But I have a feeling that these games weren't even intended for modern day computers.

Top Bottom