• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE7 About Wesker.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Do you think capcom will revive him in future? I mean he's hinted to be alive according to umbrella corps which is canon. What if he's the leader of his " umbrella " / blue umbrella?

It seems they regretted killing him too early or something.

I like the return of the remains of Umbrella storyline, but Wesker's resurrection doesn't seem necessary. Moreover, the series manages to show interesting and popular antagonists without him.

I would prefer the idea that after Spencer's murder and Wesker's change of plan, the organization lost its leader, so that the collective would not break up, the group of conspirators artificially created Wesker in whatever form. This decision would help maintain the narrative among employees that Wesker is not dead and is ready to lead them to world domination by controlling the geopolitical balance of power.

The story that Albert Wesker became an image and symbol of bioterrorism can be told on behalf of Chris or Jake, who received a tip that Wesker might be alive somewhere.

However, if the developers really want to resurrect Wesker, I'm not against this idea, as long as they implement it in a way that doesn't devalue anything.

Nah. He's dead. Unless they pull some Sigourney Weaver nonsense, he's likely going to remain that way. However, RE6 changed the rules of the series. So I mean, it could be kind of still possible.

It's possible, they teased it with Umbrella Corps. However it is my opinion that if he does come back, it won't be the exact same one we saw get blown up in a volcano back in RE5. It'll be a clone or someone who had a mind transfer done ala Alex Wesker.

I personally don't mind him coming back, he made RE5 so damn memorable and no other villain has quite came close to hitting the same vibe as Wesker did. Of course, if he does come back, I want him in the same game as natalia-alex.

It's possible, they teased it with Umbrella Corps. However it is my opinion that if he does come back, it won't be the exact same one we saw get blown up in a volcano back in RE5. It'll be a clone or someone who had a mind transfer done ala Alex Wesker.

I personally don't mind him coming back, he made RE5 so damn memorable and no other villain has quite came close to hitting the same vibe as Wesker did. Of course, if he does come back, I want him in the same game as natalia-alex.
That would be a cool plot to have for a possible RE9. If they continue to play off Roman numerals and have it be titled “Phoenix” than it would be like Wesker is born from the ashes. This can also apply to Alex though since she essentially was actually reborn.

If Albert ever does return, I imagine it will be through Natalia. He put so much faith in his Uroboros plan, I seriously doubt he didn’t have some sort of backup plan like Carla did when she died. His ego was ultimately his downfall though and made him desperate in the end.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Personally ı dont want wesker back. I would rather prefer he stays dead. I'm most interested in the new leader of the family right now.

Ada has many clones.
There's only one clone in re6. Lepotica, gnezdo and other failed experiments dont count as one.

Besides cloning existed way before re6. ( e.g. Ashford twins. ) So re6 doesnt change anything, it only adds new info.

He's dead. Umbrella Corps, whilst canon, has no story outside of The Experiment and in regards to multiplayer only the concept is canon, not the literal battles. Wesker's 'appearance' in such is almost certainly an easter egg because DC Douglas voiced 3A7. The hints about him in The Experiment are just a red herring, and likely presented as such because Capcom purposefully has no intention of ever addressing it again. - That has basically been my personal take on things since the game came out in 2016 and I've not seen anything since to make me change my mind.

The idea that the 'Umbrella Corps' are an illegal secret unit of Blue Umbrella is a very compelling, but ultimately it is just unverified fan theory at this stage. The Battle Ops Manual that comes with the Japanese special edition of the game not only expressly states that the game has no story, but it also clarifies that 'Umbrella Corps' is just a term for anyone who takes part in the battles, irrespective of corporate mercenary or civilian thrill seeker.

I honestly think bringing Wesker back, as good as he was, would really ensure the storyline has completely jumped the shark. I think the reason some fans still clamor for his return is more down to the fact that in the past 11 years, Capcom have failed to come up with a worthy successor than anything else. I honestly think if Capcom had kept someone like Simmons alive in RE6 and continued to develop him through several games since, we wouldn't be talking so much about Wesker's so-called return.

There is scope for him to play a role in Infinite Darkness depending when in 2006 it is set. Wesker vs. Leon is something I've always wanted to see.

I think bringing back Wesker or some clone, is pointless. He died. There's nothing more they can do. If they find a way to bring back Wesker, it could taint the legacy of the series. Sometimes, we just have to accept that something had a good run, but that it's over. Or then it's just a case of them milking it. This affected so many other horror franchises for similar reasons.

The Battle Ops Manual that comes with the Japanese special edition of the game not only expressly states that the game has no story, but it also clarifies that 'Umbrella Corps' is just a term for anyone who takes part in the battles, irrespective of corporate mercenary or civilian thrill seeker.

We know that the Grim Reaper and other employees followed directives from an unnamed organization to which they were subordinate. Even without Douglas the hints are too strong that Wesker may be the leader, because even his title in the organization is a reference to Resident Evil 5, where Wesker obtained status, wealth and honor after taking over a rival company. We can't know for sure yet whether Wesker is really alive or dead, because it's not reliable now.

Moreover, in multiplayer, we can also hear the voices of employees who talk about the resurrection and the imminent changes in the world because of them. What do they refer to, if not Blue Umbrella?

Even both the Umbrella Corps and Blue Umbrella logos have their diagonal sides painted over, similar to the remnants of Umbrella Corporation symbol from Resident Evil 4.

Let's add to that the fact that Umbrella was reorganized a year after the Umbrella storyline was abandoned to get a number of suspicious coincidences.

I'm sure you've heard these arguments a myriad of times, but the idea that there are two illegal organizations in the Resident Evil world, linked to Umbrella and Wesker, that have the same goals, but that are unrelated to each other, seems absurd, to be honest. I am more than sure that Wesker was "resurrected" in the first place to hint at the connection of these storylines, since they are strictly associated with him.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont think the hints are red herring. If they were; abraham wouldnt disappear.

As for simmons; ı didnt mind that he died. If he survived, he would get arrested just like lansdale since leon and helena found the evidence which would be used against him. Plus the family didnt get destroyed just cause he died since the family selected a new leader. Technically that new leader is developing in secret right now.

Not so long ago I noticed a recreation of the USS logo by user Ridley from Project Umbrella:

And here is the source of the logo (Tokyo Marui):

Note that the diagonal sides of the octagon are painted over and have a white borders. Does that remind you of anything?

That's right, the Umbrella Corps and Umbrella Corporation logos!

The USS logo was probably used as a reference, because the reorganized Umbrella is a military company. And at this point, I'm sure that the logo from Resident Evil 4 is also related to the USS:

Top Bottom