About The Hate For RE6

I'm not bothered by technology btw.
Then why did you bring up this discussion?

I see full sense in changing the design of the labs to a more modern futurism, because the face of the series has not stopped changing since the days of the old games. Raccoon City is bigger than it used to be, and Umbrella is capable of more than a small-town hospital and old CRT monitors.

If you compare the remakes to The Umbrella Chronicles, The Umbrella Chronicles just added these new technologies without changing the old setting, which for me personally broke the suspension of disbelief.

I dont see how chris' appearance in re7 is related to re6.
I didn't say anything like that.

When ı want a story; ı prefer it to be connected to canon re lore while following up from past re events.
You want a story, but the story is part of the game, not the whole game. It happens that some elements of the series conflict with each other. For example, you can no longer make a horror game with old characters. You also can't do direct sequels if you want to create a mystery. It's a complex process, and things like plot, gameplay, tone, and so on don't exist in separate vacuums.

It didnt bother me personally;
Any person evaluates the game through the prism of their personal preferences, paying attention to things that may be important to them, but may not be important to others. It would be a big mistake to say that every game can be evaluated objectively, so what we are discussing now is the opinions of two different people who like different things.

As I said, Resident Evil 6 and Resident Evil 7 are different games that are designed differently, have different goals and accents. It is impossible to decide which game is better, because trying to solve it is a logical error in itself. You can only decide which game you like best based on your preferences.

Then why did you bring up this discussion?
But ı never brought up technology in this discussion. I remember bringing that in other discussion but not in this discussion.

For example, you can no longer make a horror game with old characters.
That still doesnt mean that they should make new characters as boring as possible. Besides rerev2 is more survival horror oriented than 4 / 5 / 6 and it has interesting cast; more so than re7's. Another thing is re7 isnt only a survival horror game; it's also an action game. ( Not a hero and end of zoe. ) I'm saying this cause people got bothered by re6's action and yet are fine re7's action dlcs which are canon. Not to mention re7 features card minigame ( 21 ) which is weirder than 4 / 5 / 6's qtes / vehicle sections. And yet people still call it a return to roots even though the franchise didnt lose its roots before re7.

( Saying the franchise lost its roots starting with ( or after ) re4 is a dumb argument imo for the reasons ı posted when it comes to each mainline upping action elements. That's no different from saying " Only re1 is a true re game. " . )

Btw russident ı think the reason why you are immersed in re7 more than re6 is due to the fact that it's a more survival horror oriented game. Not to mention ı remember you saying that you're not a fan of 4 / 5 / 6's action as well as rerev's non-jill sections. Plus re6 decreased exploration and inventory management compared to past entries. ( Though this is something that's also continued with re2, re3 / recv, re4 and re5 as well. )

Last edited:
That still doesnt mean that they should make new characters as boring as possible.
That's your opinion. I like all the characters in Resident Evil 7.

Besides rerev2 is more survival horror oriented than 4 / 5 / 6 and it has interesting cast; more so than re7's.
This game is still action-oriented and didn't even scare me. Stop pretending that you don't understand why old characters don't fit into horror games.

Another thing is re7 isnt only a survival horror game; it's also an action game. ( Not a hero and end of zoe. )
Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is a survival horror game.

Resident Evil 7: Not a Hero and Resident Evil 7: End of Zoe are action games.

Resident Evil 7: 21 is a card game.

These are separate and distinct episodes that focus on different types of experiences.

Not to mention re7 features card minigame ( 21 ) which is weirder than 4 / 5 / 6's qtes / vehicle sections.
I can't even imagine how you managed to compare these things.

I really enjoyed 21, by the way. I would even like the game to give players the opportunity to play with each other.

I'm saying this cause people got bothered by re6's action and yet are fine re7's action dlcs which are canon.
I don't remember these games being the same. Are you surprised that people have different opinions?

And yet people still call it a return to roots even though the franchise didnt lose its roots before re7.
Yes, this is a return to the roots.

( Saying the franchise lost its roots starting with ( or after ) re4 is a dumb argument imo for the reasons ı posted when it comes to each mainline upping action elements. That's no different from saying " Only re1 is a true re game. " . )
You need to stop rationalizing in hindsight and pretend that you are absolutely right.

The fact that the series will move away from its roots, opening the door to new players, said Kamiya and Sugimura in an old interview in 1998. This happens with any franchise, and it also happens because the people who work on the games change, and they also have their own vision.

The direction of action was not a forced measure, but the direction that Mikami saw as a producer. He was well aware and often said that new games are not aimed at the old audience.

And these games, after all, are designed differently and have a different tone, so people have every right to disagree with one direction or another if they have lost the elements for which they valued the series.

Btw russident ı think the reason why you are immersed in re7 more than re6 is due to the fact that it's a more survival horror oriented game. Not to mention ı remember you saying that you're not a fan of 4 / 5 / 6's action as well as rerev's non-jill sections.
And you're wrong. I love Resident Evil 4 (this game is pretty immersive) and Resident Evil 5. I like the Revelations series. I like the episodes from Resident Evil 7.

I don't like Resident Evil 6.

You really like to primitize someone's opinions to the level of "he doesn't like the game because it's an action", that you forget that people can have different reasons not to like a particular game.

These are separate and distinct episodes that focus on different types of experiences.
And yet when re6 features different ideas; it starts to have an identity crisis for some reason? But when re7 ( or any other re game. ) features different ideas; it doesnt have an identity crisis?

I don't remember these games being the same.
They are not the same but all of them focus on action more than horror. So in this aspect; they are similar.

Yes, this is a return to the roots.
Why? Cause it's more survival horror oriented game? Even though survival horror isnt the only thing that makes re games, resident evil. It's much more than that. Plus ı never liked the " Good game, bad re game " statement. The only re game that's not resident evil imo is umbrella corps cause it's not called resident evil.

The fact that the series will move away from its roots, opening the door to new players, said Kamiya and Sugimura in an old interview in 1998. This happens with any franchise, and it also happens because the people who work on the games change, and they also have their own vision.

The direction of action was not a forced measure, but the direction that Mikami saw as a producer. He was well aware and often said that new games are not aimed at the old audience.

And these games, after all, are designed differently and have a different tone, so people have every right to disagree with one direction or another if they have lost the elements for which they valued the series.
Do you have sources to those interviews?

Exactly. Because the main campaign doesn't force you to play cards.

Moreover, my complaint is not about an identity crisis. After all, this is your favorite argument. My complaint is that these different ideas look unnecessary, because you can't do everything qualitatively if you are chasing quantity. I didn't enjoy the airplane episode at all.
How does re6 have an identity crisis exactly? Cause it has different gameplay elements and ideas? Previous re games also had different gameplay elements and ideas. ( Recv, re4 and re5 also have stealth parts for example albeit not as much as re6. Re4 and re5 also featured vehicle sections. ) Honestly re7 is the one that has more of an identity crisis to me when compared to others. It has both survival horror and 2 action horror campaigns as well as minigames that are weirder than re6's qtes / vehicle sections. While re6 features 4 action horror campaigns with different themes instead of 2 survival horror and 2 action horror campaigns. Like re7 cant decide whether wants to be survival horror or action. ( I have the same issue with rerev too. ) While re6 decides to be an action game with different themes. Plus campaigns connect to each other in re6 unlike re2 2019 so that's one of the reasons why it's not a mess.

Y E S
E
S
But survival horror isnt the only thing that matters. Other than survival horror; the main aspects that made re games, resident evil imo are storyline and its progression, characters, monsters and bows, viruses / parasites and other infectious material, replayability, extra game modes and cheesy / over the top nature. Re5 and re6 has these aspects so how are they not true to series' roots? I think these aspects are reduced in re7 and reimaginings.

Kamiya: I didn’t want to give the Tyrant those bullet drops either. However, defeating him uses up a lot of ammo, so it was done out of consideration for beginners. Finding the right difficulty balance is tough. Personally, I think Resident Evil 2 was too easy. But when you take into account new players, I think this was the right thing to do.

Sugimura: That will probably continue to be an issue for us. If we’re going to preserve the true character of Resident Evil, we may not be able to continue to "open the gates" to new players like that.
So ı guess re has been in downhill starting with re2 then. I never seen someone saying something like " Re1 is the only true re game; the rest suck cause they pander to casuals. " . Though ı know that complaining / divide seems to have started with re3.

Here's the article:

How does re6 have an identity crisis exactly?
Christ.

Like re7 cant decide whether wants to be survival horror or action.
The main campaign is a survival horror game. The rest of the episodes, which are separate games with their own menus, mechanics, and so on, you can not even buy and forget about their existence, because they have nothing to do with the main experience.

When I start playing Chris' campaign, I still have to fly the plane. If they want to make a game about an airplane, let them add an additional pilot simulator.

How does re6 have an identity crisis exactly?
Christ… Okay.

Like re7 cant decide whether wants to be survival horror or action.
The main campaign is a survival horror game. The rest of the episodes, which are separate games with their own menus, mechanics, and so on, you can not even buy and forget about their existence, because they have nothing to do with the main experience.

When I start playing Chris' campaign, I still have to fly the plane. If they want to make a game about an airplane, let them add an additional pilot simulator. How can you call an experience an action horror after all this, if it objectively has episodes that have nothing to do with this genre at all?

But survival horror isnt the only thing that matters.
Resident Evil 7 is not just a survival horror game. This is a recontextualization of the first game and an attempt to modernize the formula of the first game. The developers even participated in a large presentation where Fabiano explained the steps during development. They spent a lot of time asking different people what elements of the series they liked, but they came to the conclusion that you can't do everything, so you need to focus on specific goals.

Re5 and re6 has these aspects so how are they not true to series' roots?
The first game never set itself the same goals as Resident Evil 6, and characters like Chris were inexperienced and not familiar to the player, so new characters were invented to create a similar context.

So ı guess re has been in downhill starting with re2 then.
The first game is the root of the franchise. The developers of Resident Evil 7 tried to create a modern version of this experience. You can agree or disagree with their decisions, but that's what they did.

The rest of the episodes, which are separate games with their own menus, mechanics, and so on, you can not even buy and forget about their existence, because they have nothing to do with the main experience.
So basically you would have preferred re6 to handle its episodes similar to re7 then. ( Separate from main experience. )

When I start playing Chris' campaign, I still have to fly the plane.
And what's wrong with that? You also had vehicle sections in re4 and re5. ( Which you ignore. ) Besides chris was in air force before joining stars and he also flew one in recv. I thought that was a nice reference to his past. Personally the only vehicle section ı dont like in re6 is ada's heli section in chapter 5.

so new characters were invented to create a similar context.
Yeah and re2's characters are related to re1 and its story while re7's new characters arent related to re6 at all. I didnt like this decision.

Also russident ı got another question. So ı was reading previous replies and you say " So I don't see anything surprising in the fact that even Jack's big form has had a stronger impact on me than Simmons. I could never immerse myself in the world of Resident Evil 6, so Simmons' dramatic mutations had no effect on me. But I was so immersed in the world of Resident Evil 7 that even a very modest Jack surprised me and created a sense of big threat. " .

Can you explain this in more detail? Like how and why? Is it just cause of drama? Well re games always featured drama and dramatic mutations. Arcadey feeling? Dont re4 and re5 have moments like that too? Like you can shoot targets at shooting range in re4 or pick up ganados with the crane at island. In re2 and re3; t-103 and nemesis drop loot when defeated. Doesnt that give arcadey feeling too?

I'm aware re6 takes everything up to 11 but it's the 10th mainline entry and it was using build up from past events. Things take time and evolve, story progress etc.

So basically you would have preferred re6 to handle its episodes similar to re7 then. ( Separate from main experience. )
This is impossible to do because Chris' campaign is designed so that this episode is part of the experience.

And what's wrong with that?
Such episodes are not done well, I did not enjoy them. They look out of place and took time and resources to create them when the developers could focus on what the game does best.

You also had vehicle sections in re4 and re5. ( Which you ignore. )
If I don't discuss all the games at the same time, it doesn't mean I'm ignoring anything. Especially when I already wrote on this forum that I hate episodes with shooting from Resident Evil 5 and Revelations, in which the characters do not control the transport, but must constantly shoot.

Yeah and re2's characters are related to re1 and its story while re7's new characters arent related to re6 at all.
They recontextualized the first game, not the second.

Can you explain this in more detail? Like how and why?
After the exposition, the game gradually immerses the player in a believable world and its atmosphere, without interrupting the experience with obvious transitions to cutscenes with a different render, chapters, and different menus. The game has additional arcade elements like coins and cages with bonuses, but they are integrated into the experience itself as part of the world, so the game doesn't break the continuity when players interact with it all. Step by step, I meet new enemies and defeat them, but none of these enemies are huge in size. Therefore, the third appearance of Jack surprises and creates a contrast in feelings.

Resident Evil 6 is monstrously dramatized without any measure. Every element of this game tries to show drama, but for me, the abundance of drama devalues its significance. If you use drama at the right moment to highlight an event, it will have an impact on me. If your whole game is drama, then I just don't immerse myself in the event. It's grotesque and not immersive.

I'm aware re6 takes everything up to 11 but it's the 10th mainline entry and it was using build up from past events. Things take time and evolve, story progress etc.
And very far from the root.

Such episodes are not done well, I did not enjoy them. They look out of place and took time and resources to create them when the developers could focus on what the game does best.
I think they are done better than re4's and re5's vehicle sections, especially re5's. Plus they can be skipped while in re4; you cant skip them.

After the exposition, the game gradually immerses the player in a believable world and its atmosphere, without interrupting the experience with obvious transitions to cutscenes with a different render, chapters, and different menus. The game has additional arcade elements like coins and cages with bonuses, but they are integrated into the experience itself as part of the world, so the game doesn't break the continuity when players interact with it all. Step by step, I meet new enemies and defeat them, but none of these enemies are huge in size. Therefore, the third appearance of Jack surprises and creates a contrast in feelings.

Resident Evil 6 is monstrously dramatized without any measure. Every element of this game tries to show drama, but for me, the abundance of drama devalues its significance. If you use drama at the right moment to highlight an event, it will have an impact on me. If your whole game is drama, then I just don't immerse myself in the event. It's grotesque and not immersive.
So basically you immersed yourself to re7 cause it's a calmer and more survival horror oriented game than re6 which is a dramatic horror experience according to capcom. Ok. I guess survival horror is the thing you care the most when it comes to resident evil.

Btw is re6 the only mainline entry you dont immerse yourself into or dont like? Do you like other mainline entries and can you immerse yourself into them?

And very far from the root.
I'm aware re6 is the least survival horror oriented mainline entry but it still makes sense for the game to be the way it is, both from gameplay and story perspective. Plus ı still prefer it over re4 and re5.

I think they are done better than re4's and re5's vehicle sections, especially re5's. Plus they can be skipped while in re4; you cant skip them.
Well, maybe. I've never looked at it from that angle, because I don't like any of it.

The same goes for the cover system. There are great games that develop this system and create great locations for such a system, but in Resident Evil it looks superfluous and, as a result, not very high-quality.

So basically you immersed yourself to re7 cause it's a calmer and more survival horror oriented game than re6 which is a dramatic horror experience according to capcom.
End of Zoe is much more immersive than Resident Evil 6 as well. These are not the things that depend on horror, but those that depend on the quality of the environment, the sound, the pace, the storytelling, and other elements that form a believable world.

When a game is too dramatic, it's impossible for me to get into its circumstances and start associating myself with the characters.

Resident Evil 4 and Resident Evil 5 did a good job on the atmosphere as well. Especially Resident Evil 4:

But I'm not saying they're perfect for me, though.

Btw is re6 the only mainline entry you dont immerse yourself into or dont like?
Yes. Resident Evil 6 has gone too far for me.

I'm aware re6 is the least survival horror oriented mainline entry but it still makes sense for the game to be the way it is, both from gameplay and story perspective.
Developers are always free to choose the direction and develop the concept. Nothing really forced them to do four campaigns and write a story about Simmons and Carla. Even in the case of Resident Evil 4, there are several ways the series could go with these mechanics. A good example is Dead Space, which, using the mechanics of Resident Evil 4, turned out to be a scarier game. You only see sense in a direction because you look at it in hindsight, when everything has already happened.

The same goes for the cover system.
I think the cover system for re6 is good. You can kill enemies while in cover, recover stamina fast and hide behind turrets.

the sound
I think the sound for re6 is good. Plus it has the best voice acting and dialogue in the series.

the storytelling,
I think re6 has better story and storytelling than other re games, especially re2 2019. Again campaigns connect to each other. I've even played the campaigns in different order.

Resident Evil 5 did a good job on the atmosphere as well.
How did re5 do a good job on the atmosphere? It's bright most of the time. The only really atmosphere is in re5 lin. I think re6 has better atmosphere than re5, especially leon's campaign. I'll admit some places feel unnecessarily dark but still.

I think the sound for re6 is good.
The sound design of the environment, like the environment itself, is quite weak, so the game uses musical compositions and encourages the player to move forward without paying attention to the flaws.

Plus it has the best voice acting and dialogue in the series.
Voice acting is one of the things that I really like about this game. On the other hand, the dialogues sometimes make me cringe.

I think re6 has better story and storytelling than other re games, especially re2 2019.
I was talking about the game world. The storytelling in Resident Evil 6 practically exists only in cutscenes and additional text, and this is a very passive way of telling a story.

How did re5 do a good job on the atmosphere?
This is a great atmosphere of sunny Africa, beautiful sunset and the remains of an ancient civilization. At the very least, the game has a really good environment.

On the other hand, the dialogues sometimes make me cringe.
Why? The character dialogue is very good and it's a lot less cringe than other re games' dialogue. ( Especially pre-re4 mainline entries'. )

The storytelling in Resident Evil 6 practically exists only in cutscenes and additional text, and this is a very passive way of telling a story.
Still better than re2 2019. Plus re6 stays true to characters while re2 2019 doesnt. Re6 files even extend more info about them.

At the very least, the game has a really good environment.
But it's still bright and there's barely any atmosphere. Re6's leon campaign has better atmosphere than re5 imo. Sure it's not survival horror due to not having exploration and inventory management most of the time but re6 didnt want to be survival horror so that's not a problem for the game.

Because apparently they're so good they make me cringe? Do you want me to explain why people can cringe?

Plus re6 stays true to characters while re2 2019 doesnt.
I disagree. I think the characters in the remake are better written than in the original.

But it's still bright and there's barely any atmosphere.
The game has a good atmosphere. And I don't understand why you keep writing that it's bright. I know about it. So what?

The game has a great introduction, which shows a hostile world and there are good tense episodes like the battle in the square, where people are executed.

The game also conveys the feeling of hot Africa well through the bright sunlight, as well as through the meat and bloody objects around which flies fly due to the heat.

There are some episodes that create a contrast in feelings like dark rooms or a mine, and there are beautiful sunsets, swamps and the remains of an ancient civilization.

The game has a good pace, which alternates between quiet moments and action, and the game knows the measure.

I wonder, was this game hated by people at biohaze forums when it was 1st released? I cant read the previous messages at 2012 / 2013 cause most of them are gone.

Also ıdk why russident deleted messages again...

I dont get the negative reviews for this game. I was looking at some of them through steam and it seems they suck at the game while blaming it for their mistakes smh.

Speaking of reviews; one example that comes into my mind is nerrel's " Did re6 suck? I settle it forever. " video.

I've cringed so hard when ı've seen him running out of ammo most of the time due to not using game's mechanics to its fullest ( And he says there's no getting good with this game. Not to mention he's playing the game on amateur. ) and heard him saying that healing system is " bad " ( He showed himself combining herbs while in DANGER status and a crawling zombie was next to him and grabbed him. ) and the game hides the auto-herb mix key button even though it doesnt and it's told in the options menu.

He's also rushing through the game as fastly as possible, there's one part where he complains about quick recovery roll not being told in chris' chapter 3. While watching that part; ı was thinking " Why is he out of ammo, he could take down those grasshopper j'avos armed with sniper rifles using grenade launcher or a sniper rifle. " . Not to mention, you dont really need to know that tactic; you could also quickly recover by aim canceling. ( Basically aim while grounded then let go of the button. While getting up, you'll have some control on your character. )

Oh and why isnt he reviewing the story of this game exactly? I checked his re2 2019 review and he reviews that game's story by mentioning how messy the scenario system is unlike re2 that had its scenarios' connected to each other. This game has 4 campaigns and they connect to each other very well storywise. He doesnt mention this here.

You know, ı might as well drop that long essay that ı wrote against him here too:

" Very little ammo. "

You should have bought item drop increase skill which greatly increases the chances of monsters dropping ammo. Also skills arent useless, they change the gameplay experience ( especially if you max them. ) and make it easier. 1st of all, after beating one of the campaigns, you unlock skill sets that allow you to equip more skills, you can change between them in the menu. ( On pc, you can change between them by using f1-f8 keys. )

Here's an example of using these sets:

F1: Firearm lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Item drop increase
F2: Firearm lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Field medic lvl 2
F3: Firearm lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Quick reload
F4: Firearm lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Eagle eye
F5: Melee lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Item drop increase
F6: Firearm lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Lock on lvl 2
F7: Firearm lvl 3, Defense lvl 3, Recovery lvl 2
F8: Breakout, Defense lvl 3, Item drop increase

For some alternative versions you can swap;

1. Item drop increase ( or field medic lvl 2 if you are playing online since it can only be performed by aı partners. ) for j'avo killer / zombie hunter lvl 2 if you want to do even more damage.
2. Lock on lvl 2 for rock steady lvl 2.

Also the combat gauge skill is only really useful for jake due to his hand to hand combat consuming stamina fast. Not to mention ı think it's way too expensive for 5 stamina bar increase.

Lastly the " master " ( for example handgun master which greatly increases the damage of handguns. ) and ammo pickup increase skills.

Master ones greatly increase the damage of said weapons though you need to get specific amount of kills with the weapon to unlock them. Ammo pickup increase ones increase the chance of said ammo pickup dropping upon enemy kill. Their purpose is mainly for farming ammo on no hope in the lower difficulties since you cant use skills on no hope.

And capcom didnt use weapon upgrade system again cause it was already used in re5 ( Not to mention re4's gun upgrade system is better. ) after re4 so they wanted a new system. Besides it wouldnt really fit re6 anyway since there are 4 campaigns and the acquired skills and the points are shared between campaigns unlike re5's canon dlcs.

Also ı noticed; why are you using crosshairs and not laser sight? Laser sight allows for more accurate shots while crosshair's purpose is for long range shots.

" Tutorial and mechanics. "

I agree that tutorial could have been better however the game tells you most of the dodge options in options menu. Quick recovery isnt always needed, you can instead aim-cancel while grounded to get up faster and have more control on your character instead of normally getting up. Also in chris' chapter 3; why didnt you kill those grasshopper j'avos armed with sniper rifles instead of rushing through the game and shooting everything to death without using game's mechanics while running out of ammo in the process?

" Re4 had no puzzles. "

No it had puzzles.

" Re6's slow moving sections fail and are terrible. "

How do they fail and why are they terrible? Atmosphere is pretty cool in leon's 1st chapters. Besides you can skip any chapter section in re6 ( Like leon's walking segment. ) unlike in re4. ( Like you cant skip del lago section in re4 for example. ) Besides there's only 2 walking section in the game; leon's walking section and ada's walking section which is shorter and you can end it quicker if you dont want to watch carla's footage.

" Jake chapter 2's usb collecting section and rasklapanje sections. "

How are the key collecting sections uninspired? If anything it would have been uninspired if the game didnt have these sections and it was %100 linear like reorc. Plus rasklapanje are great monsters with a pretty gruesome death scene; you can even play as them in agent hunt. Re4 and re5 had sections like these too and yet you talk like only re6 has sections like these. As for snowstorm, it doesnt always block your vision and it goes off after a while. J'avo with sniper rifle give you some time to react before they shoot and you dont immediately need to go through the ice slope. You can actually climb both ladders, shoot the sides of a wooden bridge with sniper rifle, climb the destroyed bridge as a ladder, obtain usb and go back while defeating the remaining bows followed by continuing through slope. There arent any machine gunners during that part and the ones riding snowmobile ( There are only 2 of them and they dont spawn until you reach a point. ) instantly die in 1 shot.

" This game's idea of atmosphere is to put a couple of mannequins and that's it. "

Leon's campaign disagrees. His campaign's first 2 chapters have good atmosphere that you go through for a long time. Even those 2 chapters are longer than his later chapters.

" Generic soundtrack. "

Listen to each campaign's special credits song. Also what's wrong with chris' campaign having a military theme to it? I mean he's a sou captain; it fits to his campaign. Also which " stuff " does it " ripoff " ? Like what's that game that you mention? ( " If ı play the track ı'll get sued. " ) That theme is pretty awesome btw and re6 has great soundtrack.

" Bad graphics. "

Idk what are you talking about; graphics look good. Also it looks better than re5. Besides the low-res textures are rare and this was also the case with re5. ( And re4 too. ) I'm honestly surprised re5 is using a slightly better graphics engine, re6 still looks slightly better.

" Horror died. "

Uhm it never really did. The franchise was already becoming more actiony starting with re2, then re3, then recv, then re4, then re5 and finally re6. This didnt suddenly happen with re4. And re7 isnt really " return to the roots " . I still dont understand why that statement is used due to the games becoming more and more actiony. Plus re7 lacks replay value. Also ı think re2 2019 could have been better like remake. Main gripe for me is personally how much of a mess the scenarios are. Also in re5 they are not " zombies with ak47 " . They are majinis; not zombies. Besides re4 also had these types of ganados at the end along with cultists using crossbow not to mention ganados ( villagers mostly ) love to throw their weapons at you more than majinis.

" Zombies jump at you like crazy. "

Cause they are c-virus zombies, not t-virus. C-virus is a combination of g-virus and special t-veronica strain called t-02. Making them behave exactly like t-virus zombies wouldnt really make sense.

" Game is scripted and linear. "

And? So is re4 and re5; you just said that re4 is linear couple minutes ago. Besides any main re game is scripted anyway; sure there can be some randomizations like how it can happen in re3 but they are kinda rare and they are still scripted.

" Qtes. "

I agree that there's too much qtes in the game but most of the qtes are still better than re4's and re5's qtes since they are more easier to perform, can be disabled through the options menu like you said and there's a skill than you can buy which makes them even more easier to perform. Screw leon's plane qte section though.

" J'avo mutations are boring. "

No they arent; they are pretty cool and fun to fight; way more so than plaga mutations. Also they can mutate more than one of their body parts. For example one of them can be a combination of glava-smech ( beetle head with a orange like core in the middle as a weakspot. ) and ruka-khvatanje. ( The ones with an arm that can grab from long range. ) If they grab you with their arm, the mutated head can consume you from long range, the attack does even more damage and it can even instantly kill you. The flawed logic you use against them can also be used against plaga mutations. There's technically only 3 mutations in re4 and 2 mutations in re5. ( I know that there are 2 more in re5 called kipepeo ( It simply flies away from majini after it dies. ) and bui kichwa but they dont really attach to a majini's head unlike the other 2 so they dont really count. Even if they do; re6 still have more j'avo mutation variety. ) For example, after reaching island in re4, you'll mostly start to encounter the same plaga mutations that you fought in village again instead of the ones fought at the castle. I know that the 3rd ones ( When you kill them, the spider detaches from their body. ) start to appear but they are rare. Also you barely explain anything with the " I dont care how they mutate; they are the same machine-gun toting to me. " statement and it simply comes off more like " I think j'avo mutations are bad cause ı dont like them while my opinion about re6 being terrible is a fact. " .

Plus ı like how c-virus is a combination of g-virus and t-veronica; that's a great fanservice to re2 and recv.

" Chopper section. "

How did you manage to run out of ammo? Game gives you enough ammo; it's not game's fault that you brainlessly waste them. You say you use melee enough but this doesnt seem to be the case since you are out of ammo. ( And ı just noticed that you are playing this game on amateur since you shot a grasshopper j'avo point blank with a grenade launcher and yet didnt take an at least 1 bar of damage from explosion. ) Also as said previously, you should have used the firearm and item drop increase skills. As for jake's campaign; the chopper sometimes stops by at one of the 2 spots to drop j'avos which allows you to attack it using bear commander or if you are playing as jake and wait there; grab the rope and climb it. Plus the campaign connecting sections are pretty cool which should have happened in re2 2019.

" Helena sniper section. "

Again; how are you out of ammo for your weapons? That's completely your fault.

" One-liners. "

The hell? The one liners are pretty good and voice acting is amazing. Do you even know the voice actors for the characters?

" Poorly handled vehicle sections. "

How are they poorly? They are improvements from re4 / re5's vehicle sections, especially controlwise. You dont seem to explain what's poor about them other than basically saying " I dont like them and my opinion is a fact. " .

" Ustanak. "

And he's a great fanservice to re3. Sure there's too much qte involving him but he's still a great boss. Besides the final battle with it is epic as hell; you can perform special dodges / counter attacks against it with great timing when playing as jake.

" Ada's campaign. "

So how is it less polished exactly? You barely explain anything. It's basically separate ways mode from re4 but more improved along with cool stealth and puzzle sections. It's a great campaign just like the other 3.

" Melee often targets wrong direction, character goes into wrong cover spot. "

That's not true. The clip you showed is a pretty rare example. Game most of the time targets enemies well enough. For example if a j'avo is behind the character and the camera isnt pointed against him, the character will perform their back melee attack without you requiring to turn the camera. Same goes for cover too; it works fine for the most part, ıdk what you are talking about.

" Inventory and herb system. "

So? Scrolling is pretty fast and you get to carry all of your weapons. More simple inventory is a good thing cause this game focuses even more on action than re4 and re5 which means you spent less time on inventory. Not to mention you can instantly discard unnecessary items unlike in re4 and re5 where you need to go through some confirmation 1st. Also herb system is an improvement from re4 and re5 and it allows you to more accurately heal. ( Sometimes in classic games; you might need to use a full heal while you are in yellow caution which kinda wastes that item since you could have used that item while in orange caution. ) Besides in re5; you cant combine a g+g combo with another green herb unlike in re6 and most of the other re games. And the system isnt clumsy, auto herb key is told in the options menu so you are completely wrong about that part. Healing system in revelations is bad; ı'm sorry but re6's improved healing system is way better than rerev's lazy healing system. Like you cant combine any herbs and there arent red herbs or 1st aid sprays. Not to mention herbs fully heal you which is lazy and genesis system is broken due to having an absurd range. Rerev2 kinda fixes this issue by putting red herbs to the game along with a better searching mechanic than rerev's and you can carry as many herbs as you want as long as you have inventory space unlike rerev ( You can carry only 5 herbs in rerev. ) which doesnt even have an inventory and instead has these lame ammo bags for some reason.

" Pacing sucks. "

No it doesnt; it's fine and it's barely different from re4's and re5's pacings.

" Game is bad and no amount of getting good changes that fact. "

And yet you show evidence of yourself running out of ammo due to not using skills and not using the melee system enough.

Also the partner AI in this game is better than re4's, re5's and rerev's partner AI and yet you dont mention that once in the video.

So ending this long essay; did re6 suck? No. As a re game? No. As a game? No. Is it the worst main RE game? No, that's re7. It's an awesome re game and an awesome game. TGBS' " Why re6 is awesome? " and Archon's re6 review videos are way better done than this.

Also ıdk why russident deleted messages again...
I'll do it again, and it seems to be the last time.

My life is in a difficult situation right now, and my emotional state is unstable because of this. I'm in the process of changing my life to move forward. It seems to me that I really do not get any "benefit" and pleasure here, since I do not have the same interests with users, and I do not want to get angry and argue with someone. No one needs negativity.

I know that ı talked about this video before but ı want to mention it here again.

A garbage video which is a waste of time.

The only interesting info ı learned was " Demo being buggy and capcom trying their best to improve the ports. "

It doesnt include the " Apparently capcom was planning to revive wesker instead of making jake wesker's son, kill chris instead of piers as well as multiple ada clones ( Re2, re4 and re6 ada are different persons and clones of each other. ) instead of one clone doppleganger.

It seems chris and leon meeting scene is planned 1st and the dev team apparently did their best to not talk about clones as much as they could probably due to live action movies involving clones. ( Even though cloning existed since the 1st game and that's how tyrants are created as well as ashford twins. ) " info.

Other than that; it's another mindless re6 bashing which is cancer.

It also includes stupid subjective statements like " Guns lack impact. " ( Even though they feel more fun to use than re4 and re5's firearms and that statement fits better to reorc. ) when the point of the video is supposed to be an objective look on re6's development.

He also makes another mistake by saying " The game is a failure. " or something like that even though according to capcom; it's a success despite missing the sale target.

" From a business perspective, Resident Evil 6 was a success, " acknowledges kawata...

Missing the sale target doesnt equal to failure. If we go with that logic; then re5 and re7 are also failures. Especially re7 which also missed the sale targets. Also that video doesnt include some ports. Like pc for example.

Stupid game journalists say something like " It's a failure cause it missed sale targets. " and the weirdos immediately believe that just to bash on re6 for the sake of it.

I also like how game journalists like that garbage dmc reboot while hating re6 cause " Muh survival horror. " .

Granted ı dont believe that high sales instantly means " quality " either since ı dont like re7 at all despite that game selling very high.

Shame really.

Top Bottom