• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

General 1 October...

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I would have preferred if raccoon was created as an episodic game similar to outbreak games and re6 while being concluded in one game. I find re3's premise more focused than re2 but the way it drags into multiple days is unnecessary. I wished re2 and re3 were connected much more to each other. Same thing with outbreak games.

I also wished that they gave jill as even more of a leading role in raccoon and you would be able to save survivors. I always liked outbreak games' cast surviving so if the " actual re2 " in my mind was more of an ambitious setting similar to those games, that would showcase the city's potential much more. Fans seem to want jill and claire to be featured in the same numbered entry and ı dont disagree with this but ı wished it happened much more earlier in raccoon. That would also increase their chances of appearing in re6 much more likely.

I also prefer the multiple strikes method to destroy the city rather than a giant one destroying everything. That causes a " nuke " misconception even though it wasnt meant to be one. Re3's conclusion is still great for what it is but my favourite take of showing the city is without a doubt outbreak games, especially file 2. Re6 also showed tall oaks being destroyed this way and this was a great reference to sasaki's previous games. This sadly doesnt come in re engine 3, the way raccoon is handled there is extremely anti-climactic. It feels like simulation and yet umbrella chronicles' re3 retelling still showcased the multiple bombing method while also still showing only one giant bombing and yet re engine 3 doesnt. Wesker would surely be proud of himself by downplaying past events on purpose as a way to boost his arrogance. This " simulation " experiments of his are getting old already.

I might replay re3 but ı'm playing greek era god of war games right now. I'll probably switch to jill's stars outfit when ı'll do this cause that's my favourite costume in the game, especially blue color rather than green in 2002 game. Though from what ı remember; it doesnt show in live action cutscenes. I always sticked with default uniforms when ı replayed entries during marathons but still.

2022 may be my last year on forums too.

I don't know why. I lost interest in RE, but I don't think I have the balls to tune out. It's like trying to wane off sugar, alcohol, tobacco, and whatnot. You get so addicted to it.

I must say, I prefer the older games. I tolerate the new games. But something is 'lacking' with them. You know?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I might replay re3 but ı'm playing greek era god of war games right now. I'll probably switch to jill's stars outfit when ı'll do this cause that's my favourite costume in the game, especially blue color rather than green in 2002 game. Though from what ı remember; it doesnt show in live action cutscenes. I always sticked with default uniforms when ı replayed entries during marathons but still.
Ok so ı replayed the game today separately from marathons today for another time. I think it has the best gameplay mechanics from pre-4 entries along with outbreak games but ı cant say ı like the choice system that much. It just feels like a slow qte that ultimately doesnt serve any purpose. I really like the randomization factor but it could have shined better in the story. It doesnt even apply to nemesis, it applies to other monsters. It's still purely scripted just like t-103 in re2 or ustanak in re6. Though ı dont think this is a bad thing.

The 1st one shows all the different monster types and the 2nd one shows different item placements. I would have preferred items to not be affected by this randomization factor; it should have applied to nemesis instead.

I think this is the best portrayal of jill along with catherine disher being my favourite va and ı also like mikhail who sacrifices his life to blow nemesis from cable car. I also really enjoy nikolai as an antagonist. Carlos though... That's a different story. I find his lines entertaining but ı just dont care for him as much as ı used to. I think he should have sacrificed his life just like his captain. After thinking about it; ı see him as more of a weird flirty chris wannabe clone in all of his appearances. They knew this cause they made him look exactly like chris in re engine 3 while overexaggerating his flirting. And in revillage; his va voices chris who acts like carlos.

I prefer piers, jake and billy personally.

Most important part:

" Anyway, the three of us have talked it over and decided to fly to Europe, where Umbrella's based, in order to conduct a covert investigation. "

With re3, this is changed to jill staying in raccoon to investigate the people as well as find out info about umbrella's base in europe.

" Chris left town today to depart for Europe. Barry said he'll follow after, once he sends his family to Canada. I'll stay in Raccoon City. I know the research facility left in this city is a key institution.

Although I'll be about a month behind Chris, I'll meet with them somewhere in Europe. At that point, my real fight begins. "

She doesnt give a good reasoning for staying in raccoon. It feels quite forced. And she still doesnt seem to meet with chris in 1998 either. From my understanding; they seem to meet in 2003 while that 4 year gap between 1998-2002 happens out of nowhere in dead aim. Recv doesnt have jill and that kinda bothers me, especially in x scenes where wesker receives overexposure. It bothers me as much as leon and ada not appearing in dead aim or ada not appearing in operation javier portion. I dont care for wesker cameo in 2002 at all.

I wished valenfield got a game together in 1998 set after re1 or something.

Top Bottom