• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE6 Happy 10th anniversary RE6!

RE6 Party.jpg

This game turned 10 years old on October 2nd! I have to say this is one of the most underappreciated titles in the series. It has a steeper learning curve than other games but it was the most ambitious take on an interwoven RE story that was interactive. This was Shotaro Suga's swan song for the series before his unfortunate passing. People didn't like its QTE's and militaristic themes but there were so many different types of enemies and set pieces, it took many years for people to come around to it.

I have a complicated history with this game but I hope Capcom will give a project this big a chance again. The character drama really pushed the acting of the series forward into a more mature direction, which many fail to realize. This was the epitome of the action style of RE that many fans still appreciate despite the constant negativity surrounding it. This game also had a ton of fanservice.

So happy 10th anniversary RE6! Will probably see you in my next marathon!

Last edited:

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Happy birthday re6! The game that made me a fan back in 2013 while also making me grow emotional bond to it over time. My number 1 favourite entry without a doubt! I always loved it, ı still love it and ı will always love it!

I still think it's peak re entry as well as infinite improvement over past entries in every single way imaginable. Best story, protagonists, antagonists, voice acting, combat, mechanics, world building and infinitely more!

I put thousands of hours into it and ı will never, ever and EVER stop! I'll keep playing it cause it's infinitely fun and addicting.

It's such a perfect masterpiece as well as an amazing improvement that in my eyes; it's impossible to top its peak quality! It's such a shame that shotaro suga met his tragic end just like sugimura. He was expanding from sugimura's plot potential very well while also writing his scripts in a more similar fashion to iwao's 1996 script by concluding them similar to his writing when he created the series.

I just dont think there will be a peak sequel that can top this entry as well as an amazing team-up in the same way sasaki and suga achieved together. The series ended with re6 for me and ı dont care for umbrella corps and re engine direction at all.

RE 6 is a fun game. In my opinion RE6 has the best cutscenes in all of RE series. I loved watching RE6 cutscenes. Every campaign is like a different game. RE6 is filled with content. RE6 is like a pack of 4 games. On switch I use AUTO QTEs which makes the game so good and fun. This one small change has made me fall in love with this game

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
" Leon: Easily the best version of him. It's a nice blend of his re2 and re4 personalities similar to darkside chronicles but more mature. I like the 1st dramatic cutscene where leon cant bring himself to shoot benford who's a very important person for him. He's the one who made him a government agent in the 1st place and leon eventually bonds to him and sees him as a father figure. So ı understood why he was shocked at the beginning. Leon doesnt seem as important as helena storywise but ı actually liked this decision. Leon's in more of a support role here just like how he and his scenario was in re2 when compared to claire's and this is another way re6 references that game beautifully. Leon even has his handgun from re2 with the same capacity, he can even wield another one which he does in one of the cutscenes. Leon also noticeably is more disturbed about civilian deaths in this game when compared to past re entries; he tries to save some civilians at the start which ends in tragic failure and later on he tries to do the same in a desperate attempt when he sees some civilians getting eaten at a monitor.

Helena: A very tragic character. I liked how she cares so much for her sister, she's her only family relative. The backstory in the files is also very interesting and they are referenced throught the game. Like in gunshop where helena becomes angry at peter for him not caring about his girlfriend. This is a reference to helena shooting deborah's boyfriend due to not being able to control her emotions. Things werent better for her since deborah was captured and helena was forced to do simmons' bidding. I'm glad she feels more important storywise when compared to leon, she shines better that way. Deborah boss fight is one of the best parts in the campaign and helena's interactions with her mutated sister before she had to let deborah fall to her death is so heartbreaking. I'm glad they got their revenge from simmons, helena not being fazed by the giant metal part of train simmons throws at her is so badass and her accuracy at pulling a bullet to simmons' head is pure awesomeness for a new character. The ending is so satisfying and ı'm so glad that she doesnt get arrested at the end. I was very happy at this decision.

Chris: Easily the best version of him. Chris' character development is amazing here and ı really liked how he became a sou captain in an attempt to be a better leader than wesker was back in his stars days. His personality as well as its change is shown well here. He starts the game as not remembering what happened to make players wonder what can mess him up like this but at the end of 1st chapter; he eventually remembers his past with flashback chapter explaining why. In 3rd chapter; he starts and spends most of it as being blinded by revenge with piers trying his best to bring him back to his normal senses until he receives leon's help. I also like the justice talk he makes to carla in chapter 4 as well as the cutscene between chris and jake in chapter 5 where they talk about wesker.

Piers: He's a badass comrade for chris and easily the best partner chris ever had, especially for a new character. He isnt afraid to step up to chris whenever necessary and protects him when needed. His teamwork with chris is brilliant as well; especially at the last chapter against haos. He even gets 2 prequel materials that feature him.

Jake: He is wesker's long lost son who starts the game as a cold mercenary who's only concerned with money but starts to care more and more for sherry as campaign progresses. His care for sherry at the start of chapter 2 who's impaled by a rock piece is great and their interactions at the cabin where they talk about sherry's past is really heartwarming before jake pushes her to protect her. Jake eventually learns his father's identity at the end of chapter 2 and gets shocked while secretly gaining hope at the same time to make wesker pay for what he's done. He discusses wesker with sherry in chapter 3 while still being shocked and later on wonders if chris knows that wesker is jake's father in chapter 4. Eventually in chapter 5; jake encounters chris and chris tells jake that he killed wesker which greatly pisses jake due to chris taking jake's hope of confronting his father and fulfilling his mother's wish. Later on jake is shown caring about getting out of the place with sherry to save the world to become better people than their parents. His character development is also shown at the epilogue as well where he greatly decreases his money from 50 million dollars to simply 50 dollars. I also like how he protects a kid at the secret ending for an apple, that's very interesting to see.

Sherry: A very adorable character. I'm glad she grew up and became a government agent in order to stop threats. Her personality is great and claire's influence on her is very noticeable. I also like her encounters with leon who tries to protect her whenever necessary as well as her encounters with chris. Not to mention; g-virus part of the c-virus is obtained from her and she's basically fighting the sins of william.

Ustanak: He's technically not a character due to being a monster during the game but he still deserves his own section. The backstory in the files is very interesting and he sees carla as his mother. When carla " died " ; ustanak knew and was affected. The fights against him are very enjoyable and they feel like jake and sherry are battling the sins of their parents, especially noticeable in chapter 5 when one realizes that the 1st fight against the monster is in a lava filled area ( Wesker died in lava in re5. ) followed by the next monster encounter taking place in a train platform. ( Birkin died in a train in re2. )

Ada: Easily the best version of her. She's very smart, intelligent and very cool. She's more heroic in this when compared to her past appearances as well. I really like her interactions with carla in chapter 4 where she shows sympathy for her. Ada starts the game similar to how she was in re2 and re4 but starts to lose her cool slowly as campaign progresses which becomes very noticeable in 4th and 5th chapters. She also helps more people in this when compared to her past appearances. The final cutscene at the end where ada destroys carla's greatest creation is also great and very emotional.

Simmons: A very disturbing character and without a doubt, the most disgusting villain in the series. He deserved everything that's coming to him. He's most likely the one who made a deal with birkin to acquire the g-virus and he's the one who ordered the bombing of raccoon which disgusts ada. I'm so glad he got infected with enhanced c-virus and continuously mutated until he died; he really deserved it. His blood also forms the umbrella logo, symbolizing that his actions were just as evil as umbrella's as well as symbolizing the us government's connections to umbrella.

Carla: A very tragic villain. She was forced to become an ada clone after many failed experiments. Honestly ı understood her actions despite not agreeing with them like what ada says in chapter 4. She wanted to destroy the balance simmons and his family is so obsessed with as a twisted payback against him. She really succeeded some of her plans as well like causing chaos on some parts of china as well as infecting simmons; if she didnt call ada due to struggling with her conscience, the world would have been destroyed. She also appears in marhawa desire just like piers, ı really like the black coat she's wearing, that makes her very intimidating.

Overall re6 features some of the best if not the best character portrayals in the series and the characters are very humanized. No wonder the devs described the game with " dramatic horror " statement. It's very fitting to the game. "

" RE6 is probably one of the best modern Resident Evil games imo. Not only did it deliver great gameplay and atmosphere, but it did the characters and plot justice in general. People can say whatever they want with RE6, but the matter of fact is that the narrative was actually really good when you focus on the core aspect of the global problem with bioterrorism as the series evolved. The plot twists were well executed, along with each theme of the following four campaigns;

- For Leon's, it delivered a theme of both acts of justice and redemption. Justice for the fact that Leon is a character filled with determination to do the right thing and find justice among those that cannot see it for themselves. Redemption, because Helena thought of herself as guilty for her sister's death in failing to protect her and for her assistance in the assassination of the president, but proved that she was not far from redemption in the end after everything she's done for Leon and everyone else around her throughout the bioterror incidents.

- For Chris', I gotta first say that I'm still confused as to why some people think of his campaign as "full-on Call of Duty" when his campaign has little to no similarities with such franchise, especially when the campaign still focuses on bioterrorism rather than just civil wars or territorial annexations. His chapters are also quite similar with Jake's campaign, with the only difference of having a whole squad to direct under his command whilst combating BOWs on a rampage in China. Sure Edonia was in the middle of a civil war, but after C-Virus injections took place, it took a death turn, much like with what happened in Damnation with a country having access to the black market for both licker and parasite BOWs. And yet I still hear no one complain about Damnation looking like a "Call of Duty" film-style but I guess that's just the hate wagon with RE6.

Anyway, with that out of the way, Chris' campaign focuses on both heroism and sacrifice. Heroism for the fact that Chris is always on the lookout for his teammates but his mind gets degraded into insanity from time to time as he sees his teammates die one by one, triggering his PTSD and blind anger. Despite those setbacks, he is always determined to protect those around him, even if his failures try to blind him from doing so, no matter what, which is exactly what makes him a character of being an actual hero. The theme of sacrifice is similar to what I said above, with the addition of Piers willing to sacrifice everything he's got, including his own sanity for the sake of saving the one person he looked up to and saw a hero within.

- For Jake's it's all about acts of trustworthiness. We see Jake initially being distrustful with Sherry and Sherry seeing Jake as just some guy who just doesn't care about anyone but himself. As the campaign progresses and we see them both trying to survive in the snowy mountains with a heavy blizzard roaring at them, they begin to grow an emotional bond together, making Jake even more determined to help Sherry get what she first wanted to do; save the world by donating his blood by the time she starts having doubts about Simmons and if the world could ever be saved with him in the way. In the end, because of their mutual trust, they were able to survive together throughout their entire ordeals.

- For Ada, it was simply all about themes of both compassion and determination. Compassion because we see Ada, for the first time in the entire series, actually have deep compassion for people other than Leon. She seemed to understand the circumstances behind Helena's decision to have helped in the assassination of the president, bring in help to the son and daughter of two people she deeply had a bad connection with, sympathize with Carla about her hatred and feelings for Simmons, despite not being accepting of her actions, and put her main objectives aside to save multiple survivors in China from zombie attacks. We also see determination, because we see Ada determined not only to help those in need, but to also help bring down the mess that both Simmons and her own clone made in their methods to go against one or the other.

Yeah sure, you can say that Ada probably did all this just to clear off her name (the typical Ada way), but in the end, we get to see that Ada really does care for the well being of the chaotic world we live in, as she clearly states that what Carla has done to the world and human nature in itself is beyond sympathy of any kind, even if Carla really was a victim of the same violence she herself put to the world as well.

This is all my take on at least one of the reasons why I love RE6 in general. There's a lot more reasons why, but I think I pretty much explained a lot through my view on each of the campaigns already so I'll just leave it at that. "

I'll share these essays here. The 1st mine is mine while the other one belongs to someone else. These were in other threads.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
You know how I said RE6 has zombies?

Technically, RE5 does too.

They're in the tombs beneath the Spencer estate replica. :D
They arent zombies. They are test subjects infected with progenitor. They behave like majinis due to animations being lazily brought back. They cant even bite. Same thing with blobs which remind me of lisa trevor except they also behave like executioner majinis.

Re5 feels like an infinite wasted potential storywise due to the way it revolves around wesker. It downplays pretty much everyone's journey in the game due to the way the story is written in a way to benefit wesker along with his so called " death " that serves no purpose.

Re6 feels like an infinite improvement from it as well as other past entries in every single way imaginable. Having more returning heroic characters than ever before while not having any returning antagonists but clever new ones makes it feel more like an actual re3 to me.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
Imo leon's campaign is the best starting point along with best boss fights in china, chris' campaign has the best story and drama, jake's campaign has the best partner dynamic and ada's campaign is the best ending point along with satisfying plot twists as well as a very emotional ending. Ada's campaign is my number 1 favourite but the entire game is infinitely amazing imo.

Here are also taunts:

" Check and mate buddy! "

" This is a waste of time! "

" Never had a mission so easy! "

" You're dealing with pros here! "

" Huh all too easy! "

" I'm tougher than ı look! "

" Aw that was no fun... "

" I'll see you dead! "

" Come to daddy! "

20161117013603_1.jpg

I feel leon campaign is similar to RE 2 leon campaign.
First shot of leon aiming gun is like first shot of leon in RE2.
Claire was searching for her brother and Helena searching for her sister. Both are unable to find their siblings.
In both games they get in police car and get attacked by a zombie and get crashed.
There are other similarities too. So it is a case of deja vu.

What do you all think?

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
View attachment 1841

I feel leon campaign is similar to RE 2 leon campaign.
First shot of leon aiming gun is like first shot of leon in RE2.
Claire was searching for her brother and Helena searching for her sister. Both are unable to find their siblings.
In both games they get in police car and get attacked by a zombie and get crashed.
There are other similarities to. So it is a case of deja vu.
Yeah you're absolutely right. The entire game feels like a one giant cute reference-fest. It's one of those many aspects that makes the storyline quite emotional to go through. This started to happen for me when ı went back to previous ones and then went back to re6 while doing this multiple times. I still wished claire was in re6 though cause the way she was utilized in rerev2 felt lacking.

She could have still fit into the game. I think jill should have appeared in rerev2 as a way to follow more from re5 along with barry going on a personal mission to save her. Honestly if jill was in recv somehow; then it would increase jill and claire's chances of appearing in re6 much more.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I've seen ustanak being compared to nemesis quite a lot. While ı dont " disagree " with this; ı think it's more similar to t-001 from re0 cause chronologically; that's the 1st tyrant in the series. While ustanak also seems to be the 1st unique one of its kind. It felt like a evolution " revolution " compared to j'avos similar to t-002 being an evolution from zombies. It cant regenerate due to an accident destroying its arm but it has mechanical arms instead. The monster not giving up due to its high resistance as well as its loyalty to carla makes the boss fights quite satisfying to go through.

As said previously the fights against the monster felt like jake and sherry are battling the sins of their parents and ı think that's cause of re0. It featured wesker and birkin cameos together and it also had a tyrant, t-001. I might need to be corrected on this but ı think both wesker and birkin played a role at t-001's creation while for nemesis, as well as ne-alpha parasite, ı dont think wesker played a role for it that much. The monster was created after re1's events anyway and wesker was faking his own death at that time.

So imo ustanak is meant to be more of a tribute to t-001 rather than nemesis. I personally enjoyed fighting ustanak a lot more than nemesis and other tyrants. My favourite fight with the monster is without a doubt the final ones at chapter 5 cause storywise it feels the most emotional there. Jake " killing " his father's soul by knocking ustanak into the lava and sherry killing her father's soul by shooting ustanak's exposed heart with a magnum along with jake's help steadying her aim. They are so cute together.

I've grown to like / appreciate RE6 more in recent years. I don't think I enjoyed it massively back in 2012. That year was crappy in general, as well, I best not go there. But it involves my ex.

Now I feel 6 is better than 5. I'm not sure about 4. I'm not a huge fan of 4 like most people are, because it altered the genre into action, but I do enjoy it. I even enjoy 5 occasionally. But I like 6 more nowadays, because it actually feels like the old RE games, per certain sections. 4 and 5 certainly have no real RE qualities. You're basically just fighting druids, villagers, Road Warriors, tribes, and factory workers, over and over again. Then buying heavy artilery, which I consider to be a dumb idea in a so-called horror game. Like it's a game to see how you can kill them in the most gruesome way. In 6, the gameplay feels harder on purpose, so it's more fair. Or real.

RE6 has zombies and 4 major returning characters, and a story about a virus, rather than the B-movie 50's nonsense from 4 and 5. Well, 5 characters come back if you want to count Ingrid, who is the government worker with the glasses. But I prefer exploring a city as opposed to farms and creepy castles. Yeah, 6 is pretty linear, but it's not like you could really go to many places in RE2 anyway. If you think about it, it really wasn't until RE3 and the spin offs where Raccoon City was more open to walk about in. In RE2, you're only really outside of the cop shop for 10 minutes at the beginning, when you are just beyond the fire. You go up a few streets, and that's you. So 6 was better, because you had tunnels, a campus, streets in the United States. Then in China, you had more places to go to, even if they did not look all that swell.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I've grown to like / appreciate RE6 more in recent years. I don't think I enjoyed it massively back in 2012. That year was crappy in general, as well, I best not go there. But it involves my ex.

Now I feel 6 is better than 5. I'm not sure about 4. I'm not a huge fan of 4 like most people are, because it altered the genre into action, but I do enjoy it. I even enjoy 5 occasionally. But I like 6 more nowadays, because it actually feels like the old RE games, per certain sections. 4 and 5 certainly have no real RE qualities. You're basically just fighting druids, villagers, Road Warriors, tribes, and factory workers, over and over again. Then buying heavy artilery, which I consider to be a dumb idea in a so-called horror game. Like it's a game to see how you can kill them in the most gruesome way. In 6, the gameplay feels harder on purpose, so it's more fair. Or real.

RE6 has zombies and 4 major returning characters, and a story about a virus, rather than the B-movie 50's nonsense from 4 and 5. Well, 5 characters come back if you want to count Ingrid, who is the government worker with the glasses. But I prefer exploring a city as opposed to farms and creepy castles. Yeah, 6 is pretty linear, but it's not like you could really go to many places in RE2 anyway. If you think about it, it really wasn't until RE3 and the spin offs where Raccoon City was more open to walk about in. In RE2, you're only really outside of the cop shop for 10 minutes at the beginning, when you are just beyond the fire. You go up a few streets, and that's you. So 6 was better, because you had tunnels, a campus, streets in the United States. Then in China, you had more places to go to, even if they did not look all that swell.
You make good points. I dont mind the gold system of re4 and re5 but re4 doesnt have infinite ammo unlockable for all weapons. Only some weapons have it. Re5 has that for more weapons but grenade launcher doesnt have it. And ı remember infinite ammo system feeling quite tedious for re5. Trying to unlock everything wasnt as fun as re6 from what ı remember. And even after trying all weapons; ı still felt a bit underwhelmed in re5 compared to extreme enjoyment ı had in re6.

Personally ı think re3 and re6 have the best infinite ammo unlockables. For former; it's unlocked through mercenaries while for latter; infinite ammo skills become available after beating all campaigns. It's quite easy for farm skills in the game so infinite ammo skills felt quite easy to obtain.

For gold system; ı feel that's an important reason why the playable protagonists of 4 / 5 felt still quite limited in terms of not showcasing their skills during gameplay well despite the games taking place way after 1998 while being presented as escalated sequels. In re6; this is changed to skill system which feels a lot more optional rather than feeling mandatory like in re4 and re5. That's an important reason why ı prefer obtaining chess pieces which showcase the family's influence all around the world rather than using gold to buy and upgrade stuff like in re4 and re5.

Personally ı dont mind buying stuff or upgrading firepower for weapons but upgrading fire rate, reload speed and especially capacity doesnt feel necessary. I prefer 15 capacity for handguns like beretta variants as well as other fixed ammo stats for weapons' ammo capacity. In re6; this felt executed very well and the game to me feels like an infinite improvement over past entries in every single way imaginable. It's the entry ı think about the most and that makes me love it more and more.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I would have preferred if the game's story potential got tripled up later on as an expansion along with sasaki and suga teaming up similar to outbreak file 2 expanding raccoon by having both director and writer returning after the 1st one. I feel that this is what rerev2 should have done but they had to make another " revelations " title so that they could benefit its episodic nature along with a generic " horror " excuse.

I remember checking the cutscene viewer and there seems to be empty gaps. To me, that feels like they wanted to leave those gaps empty on purpose before expanding the game's story but sadly the game didnt do as well as capcom intended. Rerev2 feels a lot more like a re6 dlc than rerev feels like one for re5. Introducing another wesker to kill her in the same game before she takes over a child also felt unnecessary.

Expanding an escalated sequel makes more sense than recreating the 1st game along with its gameplay formula through remakes / prequels / simulations or whatever while also imitating re4 quite blatantly. Outbreak games really expand raccoon and ı also wished file 3 was released that expanded the city even more along with more conclusion. Just like re6 having its story potential tripled up as well.

I shared this at another thread but suga seems to be inspired by this for re6. This is yet another reason why the game feels like an end despite not being intended that way.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I always liked roger craig smith and laura bailey returning to voice chris and helena in this game. They voiced curtis and angela together in degeneration and having them returning here to voice chris and helena again was a nice touch. Making laura bailey to voice another new female character who partners with leon after degeneration felt like a cute reference to past.

I dont like that helena seems to be considered as an expy of angela either. I mean angela had a brother while helena had a sister. Not to mention former was younger than her brother while helena was older than her sister.

Even their occupation is different since angela was working for srt, which is some sorts of swat, while helena was a government agent and the organization she worked for changed from cia to usss. I find leon partnering with a female agent who works in a different agency of government more interesting than partnering him with a cop.

I even remember seeing some wanting angela to appear in re6 instead of helena even though her story was finished in the movie and ı dont think they are allowed to use characters for games who 1st appeared in cgi films or other canon non-game material. Suga concluded 2 characters very well but ı personally prefer helena over angela. Even more so with helena supporting aeon shipping.

That also reminds me another criticism ı've seen with the game's story. Leon not hearing helena's warnings when she was trying to spread the truth to other agents about simmons during the pursuit caused by the false alarm as a distraction. My explanation is helena was contacting agents in her line of work, that being secret service. Leon was working for dso so that's why helena didnt seem to contact him due to her not knowing what to do at the time. The other agents didnt take her seriously due to her troubled past so it connects very well to the intro of leon's campaign. Leon knowing that would ruin the mystery.

As ı said previously; leon definitely has the best starting point imo. The game is 10 years old and it brings back so many memories when it was my 1st entry back in 2013.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I really like the file system in this game. Shooting serpent emblems to unlock the files as a way of the game rewarding the player due to destroying the family's influence from the world is quite clever storytelling. They are read from cabinet and re net site expands the files even more. I always loved the expanded version of the files. I would have preferred if the extra portions read at re net also made to the game after updating it but the game still connects to the site regardless.

I've seen people criticising this but ı never agreed with it at all. If anything the file system for the games released after re1 where you obtain the files from environment over and over doesnt make much sense. It only works for the very 1st entry not to mention mikami producing 2 numbered entries as dlcs to the 1st game doesnt make him so smart. Re4 and re5 also feel like prototype shooters due to getting influenced too much by those adventure elements despite their skilled cast. Re6 goes full freedom with its approach while feeling more like an actual re3 imo.

Re2 n64 version has files that are exclusive to that version. Not to mention that file about marcus in birkin's lab just doesnt make much sense to me.

Re3 has jill's diary which ı really like but the way it's unlocked through obtaining the files is quite awkward. Why doesnt jill just start with that anyway? I never liked that decision. And you need to beat the game on hard multiple times to unlock the epilogue files 1 by 1 even though it would have been better if they were instantly unlocked rather than through a very unnecessarily slow method.

Recv has dij's diary which is found in battle game rather than the actual story. It explains the reason for the infection of antarctic base. I wished it was found during the story. And survivor 2 should have expanded recv rather than becoming its entirely own game. I find the files quite valuable there.

Re4's file system is quite generic. They are saved to leon's inventory but ı believe they need to be obtained again to save them to leon's inventory through future playthroughs. The only memorable thing is separate ways due to ada's report.

Re5 has unlockable ones which are quite neat but there are still more that needs to be obtained from environment. And dont get me started on 2006 portion; it's so barebones and the valuable files ( Except project w reveal which rerev2 gets quite tragically influenced. ) once again dont save to inventory.

After re1; the entries that have the most clever file system are outbreak games and darkside chronicles imo. Outbreak file 2 even improves from the 1st game by making the adlib possible during reading. Umbrella chronicles' file system is still similar to darkside's where they are unlocked after obtaining umbrella symbols from environment but ı just dont like the whole " simulation " aspect of it at all. I still like how jill's diary from re3 is an unlockable there along with one about richard as well as that file about wesker's speculation in regards to victims' mindset influencing mutations but other than that; not so much.

I would rather dismiss umbrella corps and entire re engine ( simulation like ) entries automatically.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I cant believe the family seems to be considered as " illuminati " by some. That misconception is extremely gross and makes no sense at all. It's as nonsensical as " nuke " misconception in regards to the way of raccoon's destruction. Even though it was a thermobaric missile along with multiple strikes.

They dont even control the country or the world. Just manipulate. It makes a lot more sense to blame country's problems on a shadow entity working behind the scenes rather than blaming an entire country due to them somehow doing that out of nowhere for no reason.

The politics in re series is extremely streamlined compared to convoluted real life politics which ı prefer to not talk about in the slightest. Basically the whole premise is countries and governments making dealings with umbrella and other pharmaceutical companies. That's it really. The family's existence is the reason why us made dealings with umbrella in the past. I doubt capcom really intended to give some kind of a real life message or something.

I think this is a reason why ı would prefer resident evil's take on politics compared to convoluted one in real life. It's extremely streamlined and the context is overall muted really. Makes it more enjoyable to go through.

Top Bottom