• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

RE:3 RE:3 Remake Thoughts

I agree.

It's rather nippy having storylines added into the expansive lore, and while they are somewhat interesting initially, they often get left alone. This could also be because there's too many characters, and viruses, so they have a lot of material to focus on, which makes it hard to stick to one narrative.
Infinite Darkness is by far the worst offender. It literally feels like a shoehorned in story. There is no explanation how the new virus strain in the “web series” came to be besides some corrupt politician having ties with Tricell. The whole thing felt unnecessary and underwhelming. I thought initially the formation of the DSO would be explained but nope, but that’s for another topic.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Recently found this. This is one of most obnoxious jokes ı've ever seen in my life. I've never liked dusk golem that much to begin with but him agreeing with capcom about this tells me everything ı need to know about him as well as those toxic re6 haters.

In a way; it's also making fun of re2.

Since re2 also features a zombie hand sticking out from the cover art. Not surprised since re6 is a re2 reunion and the zombie hand is meant to be a reference to re2 cover art.

Well due to this; ı wont play this game again that's for sure. I only played it once unlike re7 and re2 2019 which ı've replayed couple times but ı'm not gonna touch re3 2020 again.

So Capcom is apparently working on a Director's Cut of RE3, that may be formally unveiled during Tokyo Game Show.

Something tells me they just want people to be suckered in and pay $60 for a game with a bit of new content. That should have been in the original release anyway.

But they know people really want to play that missing content.

Tyrant

BSAA North America
So Capcom is apparently working on a Director's Cut of RE3, that may be formally unveiled during Tokyo Game Show.

Something tells me they just want people to be suckered in and pay $60 for a game with a bit of new content. That should have been in the original release anyway.

But they know people really want to play that missing content.

"Updated Story with references to RE4 and Village" but not the actual cut content from actual OG RE3??? WTF?

Well due to this; ı wont play this game again that's for sure. I only played it once unlike re7 and re2 2019 which ı've replayed couple times but ı'm not gonna touch re3 2020 again.

I have to say, I really admire your dedication to RE6. But don't you think that's a little extreme? I still enjoy it for what it is, but I mean, RE3make was half assed in other ways, the RE6 joke not withstanding lol.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I have to say, I really admire your dedication to RE6. But don't you think that's a little extreme?
I dont think so. I'm not going to hold back my enjoyment for re6 like how ı tried to do in the past.

Imo the game is a masterpiece and ı dislike the hate bandwagon for the game with a passion.

RE6 to me feels like one of the last "real" RE games, before everything began to feel like a soft reboot after a soft reboot. Plus, all of these remakes are a major distraction. I would like the franchise to at least make sense somewhat again. Nowadays, it feels like characters like Chris are just in games for the hell of it. As if Capcom knows nobody will think it's RE without them. Although now it feels a little bit forced in.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
I dont understand why some people thought nikolai could escape tbh. He was injured while sitting on ground and the game didnt show him escaping unlike how it can happen in og game. I hope this will clear things up.

I didnt like his loyalty to another organization either. I prefer the monitor plot point from og game personally.

I didnt like his loyalty to another organization either.
Zinoviev wasn't loyal to any organization. He was just a greedy asshole who was going to sell the data to both parties.

"Remuneration exceeds current offer from UC and takes top priority. However, the client has agreed to a grace period before using any of the deliverables so that payment from UC may also be collected."

"Taking advantage of this chaos, Umbrella Europe deployed a new B.O.W. model, 'Nemesis', to collect live combat data and target the S.T.A.R.S. survivor, Jill.

We also needed to set out to collect data on Nemesis."

Well, I flipping hate it too. I don't know what the hell they were thinking about, by leaving out our Barry. And the other things they left out too, was incomprehensible.

I don't think we can even entirely blame M-Two for the mess we received either. 😣

Capcom still commissioned the game. We need to direct our attention to them as well. They did an Amber Heard on all of us, and they shit the bed. 💩

Yama

Owner
Well, I flipping hate it too. I don't know what the hell they were thinking about, by leaving out our Barry. And the other things they left out too, was incomprehensible.

I don't think we can even entirely blame M-Two for the mess we received either. 😣

Capcom still commissioned the game. We need to direct our attention to them as well. They did an Amber Heard on all of us, and they shit the bed. 💩
This is old news, they've heard enough about it thus why M-Two was taken off of RE:4 and the entire project was rebooted a different direction.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6

Here's this video. I watched it and it's a neat analysis.

I disagree with re6 comparison though. I think it feels more like a re4 remake as a re3 reimagining, kinda like an adaption of umbrella chronicles' re3 retelling ı would say. Re6 felt like a good break up from re4's shadow while all re engine does is to keep producing re4 demos. I think it's rerev2 that feels more like a re6 dlc.

mert20004

Mert_BIO_6
An absolute rush job of a game.

Nemesis mutated way too soon, and as a result, just came across as bizarre.
I still find re2r more rushed. You go through the exact same scenarios very repetitively with incredibly little to no difference at all. The characters feel unnecessarily changed and the gameplay feels incredibly downgraded compared to re2, re3, re6 and rerev2. Same thing with re7 tbh which also feels like a cheap re1 reimagining as a re4 remake. It wouldnt surprise me if they put more effort into re4r more than past re engine games, especially since re4 is the most popular entry and they just cant stop porting it, even through re engine.

I never understood that either. Only one character is supposed to run into Mr. X, and G.

It was as if Capcom lazily designed both scenarios the same way, to avoid more development delays which would have made fans more impatient.

When they finished the first scenarios of Claire and Leon, I suspect that’s when they realized they were only half way done with making it. That’s when they decided to rush the project with the “2nd scenarios” so that they could get RE:3 and RE8 out the door asap. I still like the gameplay but overtime I have come to realize it is simply an unfinished product. The game could have easily been twice as long as the original and expanded more on Raccoon City, but as of now they are mere cliff notes to the originals that are still deeply rooted in the lore. Being appreciative for what we got is one thing, but when you are charged for a whole cake and only recieve half of it, that kind of sucks.

If RE:4 was made first, it would of ran into the same problem with missing content. This is why they are putting 3 different teams in charge of the village, castle, and island. This is what they SHOULD have done with RE:2 and had multiple teams working on both variations of A/B scenarios.

Last edited:
BioHazard: RE7 had an option of Arabic subtitles and if CapCom put me in charge of a a BioHazard 3 REmake, I would have capitalized on that option.

Top Bottom