• We've completed one of the biggest updates to our forums in years and have pushed the update live! New forum structure that's all inclusive, prefix system categorizes topics per game title. More thread options such as articles, questions, deep dives, etc. Read more in the pinned thread!

OT Goodbye to…

This thread was inspired by the same thread from the old Russian forum.

I think it can be useful for those who want to say goodbye and write something to let everyone know about it. One topic also helps to find out why a particular person stopped visiting the forum.

Well, I'll start with myself.

Recently, a lot of drama and stressful situations have happened in the community, of which I, Weskers Report, Neptune and many others were a part. It's even difficult for me to cover these events, because they brought me a lot of stress and pain. But I think it's important to say this because it's part of the reason why I'm leaving this forum. My mental health, which wasn't perfect to begin with (thanks to the army), has reached the limit where I can barely contain myself. Conflict and stressful situations in the community occurred even in the early 10s, but now I just don't have the energy to live this way.

And today it so happened that I became a problem for another person. This can't go on any longer, so I'll leave him alone.

Perhaps it is sad that the forum will lose one of the rare visitors. Perhaps no one cares about it. In any case, I believe that this is the right decision.

This thread was inspired by the same thread from the old Russian forum.

I think it can be useful for those who want to say goodbye and write something to let everyone know about it. One topic also helps to find out why a particular person stopped visiting the forum.

Well, I'll start with myself.

Recently, a lot of drama and stressful situations have happened in the community, of which I, Weskers Report, Neptune and many others were a part. It's even difficult for me to cover these events, because they brought me a lot of stress and pain. But I think it's important to say this because it's part of the reason why I'm leaving this forum. My mental health, which wasn't perfect to begin with (thanks to the army), has reached the limit where I can barely contain myself. Conflict and stressful situations in the community occurred even in the early 10s, but now I just don't have the energy to live this way.

And today it so happened that I became a problem for another person. This can't go on any longer, so I'll leave him alone.

Perhaps it is sad that the forum will lose one of the rare visitors. Perhaps no one cares about it. In any case, I believe that this is the right decision.
Will miss the deeper lore discussions and debates I had with ya. Health comes first, don’t let toxic fans ruin your day. I don’t know much about the drama going on but all I can say is focus on you and feel better!

If it makes you feel any better, I intend to quit message boards and YouTube as well, probably next month, as it costs me money to keep on donating to folk who then remove their streams afterwards.

Not only that, forums are virtually dead in 2021 anyway. I'm tired of having nowhere to get a bit of banter started anymore. Or I can see that the more active sites like Steam and GameFAQs are full of ignorant radge pots that add nothing of value to a thread.

It often feels really pointless to compose lengthy posts when you either receive no replies, or if they do decide to respond, it's just to submit troll bait, or pointless jive. It got old really fast a long time ago, but I persisted, hoping things would steadily improve. Unfortunately, it never did. And I get this Australian guy bugging me too.

Meh. There's a life out there to live, you know.

Yama

Owner
Social Media definitely took a stab at most forums, but I still enjoy sitting back and reading a well thought out post at my own leisure versus small posts on the various social media platforms.

As for yourself, door is always open. I don't see why discussing a videogame should ever cause stress, it's a game. Agree to disagree and move on. We're all fans of the same thing, this hobby shouldn't be life but just something to relax to and enjoy. With all that has happened the past year and change, it's literally the least of anyone's worries. I wouldn't leave over anything personally, but I may not know enough of the details. Just take it easy and post at your own leisure, it's not an obligation. Most of all take care of yourself.

Will miss the deeper lore discussions and debates I had with ya. Health comes first, don’t let toxic fans ruin your day. I don’t know much about the drama going on but all I can say is focus on you and feel better!

Thank you for your support! These feelings are mutual.

I will still be a member of the Project Umbrella server in Discord, so this is the place where someone can find me if it suddenly becomes necessary for any reason.

Recently, I have had more frequent panic attacks and insomnia due to stress, so health is really very important for me now, but I also think that all these fights and dramas distract me from very important things, that is, from enjoying the series.

So I'm going to get some fresh air and play something to relax. Not so long ago, I bought a physical copy of Resident Evil 6 for my new Steam account, so I can start with this game.

View attachment Resident Evil 6 (1).jpg

View attachment Resident Evil 6 (2).jpg

Why don't you try to create an account in Discord, if you haven't already done so?

The forum format is really dying. This is also a case for the old Russian forum Resident Evil Live.

I've been moving away from forums myself over the years and just transitioning to lurking and discussing with friends on discord. This franchise has way too much negativity attached to it and while that's fine, I personally get tired of reading and/or responding to it. This could also be due to me getting older and no longer caring what other people think. I also had way more free time back in the day and way less money when I was more active, so forums were a good time waster but nowadays I find I'd rather do many other things (like actually playing games) than sitting and typing lengthy posts discussing them. 🤷‍♂️

I like to still chime in from time to time of course when something new happens.

Last edited:
I'm the opposite. As while I love the old RE games, I just never feel motivated to drag them out and play them much anymore. But if I could easily stream older games, I'd rather play those for a small audience on YouTube instead of the recent RE titles, that I feel lack replay value. It's because I think new horror games are overrated dog shite, and once I finish them, I just cannot be arsed doing it again. I even tried giving the post Team Silent Silent Hill games a shot, but they play awful. So it's kind of the same thing. But in general, the old ones are just better in all aspects.

Top Bottom